Wycombe Match Thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Kevin

matt_drfc wrote:No one talks when we get a positive result... Negative ******
Reserving judgement at the mo..it was certainly a good point, but one swallow doesn't make a summer n all that.
Mike the Dagger

Kevin wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:No one talks when we get a positive result... Negative ******
Reserving judgement at the mo..it was certainly a good point, but one swallow doesn't make a summer n all that.
Another two points dropped from leading though. 15 points dropped from winning positions now this season.
redboy

Is there an echo in here? I'm sick of people keep saying that it was a good point or I'd have taken a point. FFS. Why be happy when yet again we concede a late goal? Why be happy that we go away from home and not lose? If this continues, we go down. We have to win matches.
Richie

redboy wrote:Is there an echo in here? I'm sick of people keep saying that it was a good point or I'd have taken a point. FFS. Why be happy when yet again we concede a late goal? Why be happy that we go away from home and not lose? If this continues, we go down. We have to win matches.
Because they were top of the league. That was a good point
dagger4eva

My rather late view of Saturday's game.

The 1st half - well, it was as drab a 45 minutes of football (from both sides) as I ever remember.
Having said that we were VERY fortunate to come out of it at 0-0.

2nd half was much improved, particularly by us. Showed a lot more desire to get on the ball and keep hold of it. Upped the tempo of our passing and Wycombe were struggling to contain us.

Was great to get our noses in front but I'm afraid our old deficiences came back into play., going deeper and deeper and deeper until the inevtiable happened.
We seemed fortunate not to concede a couple of penalties before they got the goal. And that is YET ANOTHER headed goal conceded which has to be a worry.

Would certainly have taken the point before the game and I guess all things considered it has to be deemed a "good point", even if we did appear to have caught Wycombe on a bit of an off day. They certainly looked 'leggy' for large parts.

Positives to be taken from the game but the defence as a unti still looks mighty vulnerable imo and I'm astounded WB still hasn't tried to bring in 1 or 2 defenders on loan to try and shore it up.

Saturday will be interesting - maybe we can take advantage of any tiredness in the Shrewsbury players after their League Cup game vs Chelski tomorrow!
SUSSEX DAGGER

[quote="dagger4eva"]My rather late view of Saturday's game.

The 1st half - well, it was as drab a 45 minutes of football (from both sides) as I ever remember.
Having said that we were VERY fortunate to come out of it at 0-0.

2nd half was much improved, particularly by us. Showed a lot more desire to get on the ball and keep hold of it. Upped the tempo of our passing and Wycombe were struggling to contain us.

Was great to get our noses in front but I'm afraid our old deficiences came back into play., going deeper and deeper and deeper until the inevtiable happened.
We seemed fortunate not to concede a couple of penalties before they got the goal. And that is YET ANOTHER headed goal conceded which has to be a worry.

It was a dreadful goal to concede d4e. Notice the Manager has not singled out the Turkey that is Batt like he did The Clown and Gayle after Cambridge.

if you have defenders who are not interested in doing their job then you will as sure as night follows day let goals in.

Another 2 points dropped and from were I was standing and what I have revised since there is only one Person
to blame