What Wayne is "trying to do"...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Kevin

I just don't buy into this "you can see what Wayne's trying to do" stuff.

Football isn't solely about pretty passing and going forward. It's also about rolling ones sleeves up, getting stuck in, being first to the ball & making it difficult for the opposition to score.

I'm sure all our 4ft 9" players look great playing five-a-side in training. Problem is, in an actual match, ask anyone other than Ogogo or Doe to make a tackle/header and they shit it.

This squad of players (and this goes for the midfield as well as the defence) are a bunch of soft lads.

These softies were brought in by Wayne and, unfortunately, he's ended up assembling a team that are lightweight in the extreme.

At the moment, I can't see a single bit of evidence that he's doing anything to address this (which is kind of his job to do).

It's still early enough in the season to do something about it, but the manager needs to seriously buck his ideas up if he wants to do this as a career.
Lcbdagger

A battling midfielder to cover for Abs and maybe two defenders may be all we need in amongst what is a fairly decent squad... if we compared this team to those when we first got out of the Conference, you would fancy the 2014/15 team to beat most of them on paper... certainly needs a Loan or two to come in, if only to stick some pressure on those in the starting XI.

For all the comments about Saah, I don't think Wayne believes he has anything better to replace him with. He also (I assume) wants to stick with him to justify Wilkinson leaving and Gayle dissapearing from the team.
Adrian

Football isn't really that difficult.
If you're good at whatever style of play you use and have players it suits then you'll be good to watch and get good results.
If you're bad at the style of play and don't have the right players you'll be rubbish to watch and get bad results.

It doesn't matter if you're playing 100 passes out from the back or thumping it long.

We don't have the right mix of players and don't do whatever it is we're supposed to be doing well enough.

All the stuff about missing Murphy and Hines is papering over cracks.
I like Murphy but he isn't going to offer much that Cureton doesn't already.
Hines was targeted early by defenders for rough treatment before he was injured. Now he's had the injury he has, they're not going to go easy on him.
ARNU

Id pick Cureton over Murphy every time.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
AVincelotFlyingLeap

I wouldn't call Partridge soft to his face, tbh
Lcbdagger

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote:I wouldn't call Partridge soft to his face, tbh
Possibly not but if you had space to run away from him I doubt he would catch you ;)
ARNU

Lcbdagger wrote:
AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote:I wouldn't call Partridge soft to his face, tbh
Possibly not but if you had space to run away from him I doubt he would catch you ;)
You'd be totally safe,he's on a suspended sentence.Plus you have to be old and defenceless for him to fight you.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
redboy

What's this about learning from one's mistakes? On many occasions last year, we lost to teams not because we were outplayed, we were just out muscled. Its obvious that we haven't the finances to buy quality ball playing players, yet WB persists in trying to play pretty football with a team, which to be honest is half made up of rejects. We lacked height, strength, brawn and a touch of nastyness last season and so it continues. This tells me that he doesn't know what he is doing. I spoke to a former player recently and he said that maybe WB would do better at a bigger club, where he could bring in the type of player that we cant afford. I tend to agree. Football is about getting the most out of your players and he is failing miserably.
Mark

I agree totally Kevin.

And what's more, it isn't like our supposedly footballing side are doing much good at that either. We have very few players with the ability to make a difference. I agreed with Adrian earlier in the season who called Chambers the least inspiring signing ever. I can see potential in Hemmings and Porter but it isn't being extracted and it seems Hemmings particular isn't getting the message that he needs to put a shift in.

At the other end he has brought in poor players. He's left us with 2 rookie left backs. He's alienated or failed to offer contracts to a host of good players.

I have no idea where we are going under Wayne. Even finishing 9th last year I can only say what I saw with my own eyes for the second half of it and that is a very poor side.

We don't have the players now to compete physically. He doesn't know his best team. We are short of quality in several areas. We play decent football for between 0 and 40 minutes of a game. He seems to have too many casual players who aren't bothered.

What I see every week is some of the least enjoyable games I've experienced in 18 years of support.
Adrian

I think the simplest way to summarise my view on Chambers, Hemmings and Porter is this:
I miss Medy.
Richie

Adrian wrote:I think the simplest way to summarise my view on Chambers, Hemmings and Porter is this:
I miss Medy.
I miss Jon Nurse
Auntie Merge

I miss Femi

And Josh Scott
mickeyblue

I miss winning
but we finished 9th!
DaggerSince92

I miss Jon Boardman
AVincelotFlyingLeap

I miss Vincelot so much I cry almost every day