Too much passion or just irresponsibility?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Cockney Byrites

In the wake of Abu's sending off at the weekend.

I thought his reaction after the so called foul was unacceptable and not the actions of a captain.

Just my opinion.

Please read my latest Daggers blog.

http://cockneybyrites.blogspot.com
matt_drfc

Fair assessment of the game, the Abu reaction was just heat of the moment, don't hold it against him.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well there has been no appeal so the Management cant have much faith in their own convictions a view that we are told was shared by the Newport Assistant Manager.

The Ref who has come in for a lot of stick consulted with his Assistant before showing the card and therefore has to be assumed its is the Assistant who has seen something which was not clear to me at the time or since. The highlights are very inconclusive and as any appeal has to show beyond doubt an error was made perhaps that is why an appeal has not been lodged.

There are those who feel that penalty decisions even themselves up over time, perhaps we should just cast our mind back to the last time this particular Ref was here, Morecambe at home last season when we got the decision.

Remember Burton Away a couple of seasons ago when he got sent off for a late tackle, what followed after between him and that nasty bastard Stanton lead to a melee that we saw Saturday.

Melee like that lead to heavy fines and it remains to be seen if we get charged by the FL. It was good to see that there was a few peacemakers amongst the group involved.

He does appear to have a short fuse as anybody who saw his behaviour with our own fans at the conclusion of our game with Aldershot 18 months ago, don't ever want to see lack of passion but its better served on the pitch then off it.
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Well there has been no appeal so the Management cant have much faith in their own convictions a view that we are told was shared by the Newport Assistant Manager.

The Ref who has come in for a lot of stick consulted with his Assistant before showing the card and therefore has to be assumed its is the Assistant who has seen something which was not clear to me at the time or since. The highlights are very inconclusive and as any appeal has to show beyond doubt an error was made perhaps that is why an appeal has not been lodged.

There are those who feel that penalty decisions even themselves up over time, perhaps we should just cast our mind back to the last time this particular Ref was here, Morecambe at home last season when we got the decision.

Remember Burton Away a couple of seasons ago when he got sent off for a late tackle, what followed after between him and that nasty bastard Stanton lead to a melee that we saw Saturday.

Melee like that lead to heavy fines and it remains to be seen if we get charged by the FL. It was good to see that there was a few peacemakers amongst the group involved.

He does appear to have a short fuse as anybody who saw his behaviour with our own fans at the conclusion of our game with Aldershot 18 months ago, don't ever want to see lack of passion but its better served on the pitch then off it.
Has the ref come on for a lot of stick? Can't say I've noticed more than a couple of comments on the sending off.
From my viewing of the highlights, there is nothing in the initial coming together and the two going to ground other than their player trying to rile Abs.
After that though, Abs has clearly lost it and does himself no favours leaning over their player the way he does.
As he's being dragged away his foot does look to come down in a stamping motion towards their players leg.
It may not have been deliberate as it may have been that he was off balance, buts for me it's easy to see why that could have been seen as a sending off.
Lcbdagger

Adrian wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Well there has been no appeal so the Management cant have much faith in their own convictions a view that we are told was shared by the Newport Assistant Manager.

Has the ref come on for a lot of stick? Can't say I've noticed more than a couple of comments on the sending off.
From my viewing of the highlights, there is nothing in the initial coming together and the two going to ground other than their player trying to rile Abs.
After that though, Abs has clearly lost it and does himself no favours leaning over their player the way he does.
As he's being dragged away his foot does look to come down in a stamping motion towards their players leg.
It may not have been deliberate as it may have been that he was off balance, buts for me it's easy to see why that could have been seen as a sending off.
Fair assessment... one of those where you think a red may be a tad harsh but the 'stamp', if it had been on one of our players and the opposition hadn't seen red, would certainly have riled the fans in the Sieve! Nothing to indicate we would win an appeal
SUSSEX DAGGER

We'll the Manager has gone to the limit with his comments.

The penalty calls also appear to be a big issue with him.

Just supports the view some hold about these things even themselves out. That Penalty he gave us against Morecambe last year could easily have been turned down as given.

But the main call of this thread is the behaviour of the Captain, he does seem a tad competitive at times but would you really want to see him take that out of his game. Least you know you have got a player who is prepared to roll his sleeves up the odd Indiscretion may just have to be excepted.
Kevin

It was pretty naïve I thought..but he wouldn't be the first player to be wound up & end up going off whilst the protagonist stays on.

If we have to receive yellow or red cards, personally I prefer them to be for strong tackles rather than off-the-ball handbag tussles like on Saturday.

We'll certainly miss Abu though..
matt_drfc

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:We'll the Manager has gone to the limit with his comments.

The penalty calls also appear to be a big issue with him.

Just supports the view some hold about these things even themselves out. That Penalty he gave us against Morecambe last year could easily have been turned down as given.

But the main call of this thread is the behaviour of the Captain, he does seem a tad competitive at times but would you really want to see him take that out of his game. Least you know you have got a player who is prepared to roll his sleeves up the odd Indiscretion may just have to be excepted.
Stay the same Abs, only player who gives 100% every week without fail
TheLion

The captain should lead by example in all aspects of the game. My initial reaction at the time of the incident was that he deserved to be sent off, and nothing I have seen since has changed my view.

I am a big supporter of Abu but he let everyone down on this occasion.
redboy

We're all human and do things in the heat of the moment that we later regret. Abs works his bollox off week in week out, last year he was outstanding and deserved a move to a bigger club IMO. This year, we have been awful, the manager has lost the plot and as skipper, you can imagine how frustrated he is by all of this. I'm not condoning what he did, just trying to put things into context.