Jack Connors

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Penfold

How is this kid still starting games, let alone even playing?

Time and time again today, he made poor passes, easily let his man slip past and completely hash things up.

What does Nathan Green have to do to get game time??

If a chef kept undercooking food and giving people food poisoning, the owner wouldn't say to the customers "give him time, he's young and still learning"
"If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there."

"You never realize what you have until it's gone. Toilet paper is a good example"
Diggerthedog

Add saah and batt to that.
Kevin

I just don't know how either of our full backs are on professional contracts :roll:

Connors is just not up to it. The kid simply can't tackle & you might as well forget about him winning a header with any hint of an opposition player in the vicinity. His "passing" (particularly in the first half today) was truly abysmal..but when he can't even manage to get his body close enough to wingers with the ball at their feet to at least have a chance of having a cross hit him, then I just can't see what on earth he brings to the team.

Week on week, opposition teams are focussing on this area when directing their attacks. If there was any improvement over all this time he's been picked - for example, if he perhaps toughened up a bit and made a tackle every so often - then continuing with him may possibly make sense. As he looks to be getting worse, I just can't see what Mr Burnett is repeatedly doing by effectively having us a man down in the defence.
Richie

Thought he was decent today, think the criticism he gets most weeks is OTT
Diggerthedog

Richie wrote:Thought he was decent today, think the criticism he gets most weeks is OTT
Thought he distribution was terrible today but still had a better game then Batt. Batt looks like he don't care and is purely here for the high wage he is reportedly paid.
Lcbdagger

Saah and Batt are poor three games out of five currently... yet to see more than 45 mounds from Connors all season to suggest he should be anywhere near a League Two starting eleven
dagger4eva

Just seen the 'Highlights' one passage of play where Connors, in the middle of the park and just outside the area tries to head the ball clear, instead it hits him on the back of the head and sets up a good chance for their player.

I'm sure he's a lovely lad, is still only very young and may make a good career for himself one day but at the moment he is not up to the job. Needs taking out of the team NOW and being sent out on loan to a team a level or 2 lower down.

scenario reminds me very much of Jake Reed ... remember him :lol:
SUSSEX DAGGER

There was enquiries about Jack last season, no doubt the would have been all hell to play if we flogged him. You know bright young talent board have no ambition.

Same with Murphy since that offer from Peterborough collapsed we have had no player and he walks our of this Club in six months not worth a brass farthing.

Again the board at the time we're accused of having no ambition. Funny how things change.