Newport

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Adrian

Diggerthedog wrote:
Adrian wrote:I'd go with you two being deluded.
We did not have a shot on target until the 75th minute but you think we looked more likely to score?

They had twice as many shots as us and twice as many on target.
We created almost nothing until Cureton came on, and after a little flurry didn't look like doing anything either b
We had the two best chances in the game before Cureton came on. Newport offered nothing other than a decent effort from the edge that struck the post.
Newport had several free headers from corners that could easily have come to more than they did and Cousins had to save from Zebroski.
We had two decent chances that went nowhere near goal.
I'm not seeing how we were more likely to score.
matt_drfc

We did not have a shot on target until the 75th minute but you think we looked more likely to score?

We created almost nothing until Cureton came on, and after a little flurry didn't look like doing anything either b
Oh would you now. First shot on target 75th min, red card 80th min, me: "upped the tempo before red card and certainly looked most like scoring".

The first shot on target came in the spell before the red card. God knows how that is deluded but whatever you say matey.
Diggerthedog

Adrian wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:

We had the two best chances in the game before Cureton came on. Newport offered nothing other than a decent effort from the edge that struck the post.
Newport had several free headers from corners that could easily have come to more than they did and Cousins had to save from Zebroski.
We had two decent chances that went nowhere near goal.
I'm not seeing how we were more likely to score.
Free headers? Think you might be the deluded one.
SUSSEX DAGGER

matt_drfc wrote:

Oh would you now. First shot on target 75th min, red card 80th min, me: "upped the tempo before red card and certainly looked most like scoring".

The first shot on target came in the spell before the red card. God knows how that is deluded but whatever you say matey.
What happened when and where to me is imorterial,fact of the matter is we were simply not good enough.

Another poor to average team rock up here and we look a complete bunch of mugs. Second home game running we lose in the final minute to the exact same type of goal . It will keep on happening until the Management do something about it.

In the wide areas of the pitch we are not good enough, the two full backs are a joke Batt came out of retirement into semi retirement and is a f...ing disgrace.

Jack Connors highlights one thing .the future of Eire as an International force is not bright if their current under 21s have his level of talent.

Hemmings and Porter are just well not very good.

Going now cos I am starting to get angry. This League is worse then last years and we are f...ing woeful and are going down.
leewilson

This is possibly the most frustrating season I've had as being a Dagenham fan. In the past however many years, it's at least been clear cut as to whether we're good or rubbish. I don't think we are rubbish this season, I just think we are completely below par in 2-3 positions and are very naive as a unit. We have some decent players with us this year but as a group, we are just not doing it.

Connors has ability but every game, there is at least 1-2 occasions where he gets absolutely roasted and the guy cuts inside and it either ends in a goal or an excellent chance for them.

The goal was a joke. When will we ever learn that we can not drop and defend on the edge of our 6 yard box. If we had a team of giants, then fair enough. But with our lack of height in the team, we're asking for trouble. It will only lead to flick ons, 2nd ball knock downs or what we saw today, their guy getting up ahead of ours and flicking in. I know we had 10 men but some of our players need to stand up, grow some bollocks and push up the pitch a little bit.

We should not be in a relegation battle this season with the ability that we have in this squad. But if we don't get our finger out quickly, we're going to be as there is not enough guts in this side.
Adrian

Diggerthedog wrote: Free headers? Think you might be the deluded one.
Yes. Free headers. At least two in the first half from corners. Neither were in target, but they were free.
You might want to try and watch the game.
Adrian

matt_drfc wrote:

So what you really mean was that for a whole 5 minute spell we looked most like scoring, as opposed to the rest of the game.
That's all right then.

Looking back, deluded was unfair. Richie probably isn't. You're so far beyond deluded its laughable.
If Burnett ran onto the pitch and started swinging punches at players you'd defend it.
Diggerthedog

Adrian wrote:
Yes. Free headers. At least two in the first half from corners. Neither were in target, but they were free.
They was not free though they were challenged for it and that caused them to miss the target. Think you should stop wearing your silly cowboy hat as the peak is blocking your view.
matt_drfc

Adrian wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:

So what you really mean was that for a whole 5 minute spell we looked most like scoring, as opposed to the rest of the game.
That's all right then.

Looking back, deluded was unfair. Richie probably isn't. You're so far beyond deluded its laughable.
If Burnett ran onto the pitch and started swinging punches at players you'd defend it.
Yes, that is all right then :) Ever so sorry that I don't agree with your views. And that last comment :lol:
matt_drfc

Diggerthedog wrote:
Adrian wrote:
They was not free though they were challenged for it and that caused them to miss the target. Think you should stop wearing your silly cowboy hat as the peak is blocking your view.
Is that actually him????
Diggerthedog

Yeah parks his horse outside the ground too :lol:
matt_drfc

Diggerthedog wrote:Yeah parks his horse outside the ground too :lol:
Brilliant :lol:
Adrian

Diggerthedog wrote:
Adrian wrote:
I've never worn a cowboy hat.
SUSSEX DAGGER

We surely need to appeal Abs red card ok he wont ever get a job with the United Nation peace keepers but what has the linesman seen that lead him to advise the referee to send him off. His been thrown down by the throat and if anybody walks it should not be him.

Come on ref look at it again and reverse this decision,to me your Assistant has dropped you right in it.
EastLDN

Never a red, needs to be overturned.