Newport

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Auntie Merge wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:
Auntie Merge wrote:I stayed at home eating cake with my family. It seems like I made the right decision and had a far more entertaining afternoon than the rest of you.

This is a very worrying situation - me choosing family time over the Daggers. Something has to change.

PS next three games - Luton, Wycombe, Shrewsbury - nil points?
I think our time has come Merge, bring on Welling and Braintree.
NOooooooooooooo! It MUST not come to that, if we go down god knows how far we will fall given how much money is being pumped into clubs in the conference. Our league 2 status must be retained.
Hope not but can't see anything else if this home form continues.
Chigwellian

Remove Burnett.... he has no idea ... Full stop!
Dagger In The Heart

As much as they were a bunch of dirty cheats, I don't just mean minshull here their captain set a marvellous example, and the ref was shocking, we need that type of player with a bit of brawn. We just cannot win the ball in the air so it just comes straight back. Get Saah out and Partridge back in. As for leaving out Cureton I simply don't know what to say.....

Looking forward to visiting AFC Fylde....the new Fleetwood.
Adrian

Diggerthedog wrote:
Adrian wrote:What complete garbage.

How do we leave out our best player. I'm sure there will be some crap excuse about resting him for Tuesday, but that isn't acceptable.
We need to be gettingn results at home and need our best players to do that.

That we didn't manage a shot on target for 75 minutes says all it needs to.
We have too many players that just don't do anything - Batt, Labadie, Porter and Hemmings. Chambers should not be playing up front.

I'm sure some will complains bout the referee, but they've got a few players who will be a little niggly and we don't have the sense to just ignore it and end up getting dragged into stupidity.

Something needs to change and quickly.
Cureton has a slight Hamstring strain. Agree with the rest. Saah and Batt are crap we are so easy to beat. We will go down with them two in the back four.
He can have a rest on Tuesday. Or come off for a rest. He's our best player and has to be starting home games, unless he's unable to walk at all.

What's even sadder is that a 39 year old with a slight hamstrings strain managed mores in 10 minutes than the rest of the team did in 90 minutes.
Diggerthedog

Adrian wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:
Adrian wrote:What complete garbage.

How do we leave out our best player. I'm sure there will be some crap excuse about resting him for Tuesday, but that isn't acceptable.
We need to be gettingn results at home and need our best players to do that.

That we didn't manage a shot on target for 75 minutes says all it needs to.
We have too many players that just don't do anything - Batt, Labadie, Porter and Hemmings. Chambers should not be playing up front.

I'm sure some will complains bout the referee, but they've got a few players who will be a little niggly and we don't have the sense to just ignore it and end up getting dragged into stupidity.

Something needs to change and quickly.
Cureton has a slight Hamstring strain. Agree with the rest. Saah and Batt are crap we are so easy to beat. We will go down with them two in the back four.
He can have a rest on Tuesday. Or come off for a rest. He's our best player and has to be starting home games, unless he's unable to walk at all.

What's even sadder is that a 39 year old with a slight hamstrings strain managed mores in 10 minutes than the rest of the team did in 90 minutes.
He is obviously not fit enough to start or last long enough to start. Nothing sad about that he is miles ahead of anything we have, he is just better. You could say that about most of this division.
Adrian

Diggerthedog wrote: He is obviously not fit enough to start or last long enough to start. Nothing sad about that he is miles ahead of anything we have, he is just better. You could say that about most of this division.
He wasn't exactly struggling when he came on.
He could have started and been told to not put himself about too much and manage it himself. He'd have been fine and would have offered more than Chambers did up there.

It is sad because it highlights the complete lack of quality we have.
redboy

For those of you that wanted WB to stay in a recent thread, this is what you're going to get. We may have finished with 10 men, but in fact only started with about 7 or 8 anyway. Porter and Hemmings totally ineffectual (again), not FL players. Why was our most creative midfielder in Bingham on the bench? Why play a winger up front with a novice striker? Why is Connors playing instead of Green? In team selection, tactics etc, WB is out of his depth. Newport are not a good side and yet sit 8th is it in the table. Ade played well, but until JC came on we couldn't manage 1 effort on target, at home against a shaky defence. Its piss poor although Im sure someone will use the excuse about Abs's sending off and Ade not getting a pen as the reason we lost!
EastLDN

Ironic just after man of the match is announced Yusuf stands off his man so he can get that cross in, very disappointing.
EastLDN

Plus never a sending off, 50/50 tussle for the ball until the welsh man went down like tonne of bricks. Up to that point we looked good for the 3
matt_drfc

I'm definitely easily pleased.. Didn't think we played THAT bad, not great but not terrible. Battled pretty well and upped the tempo before red card and certainly looked most like scoring, keepers pulled off some class saves and we've hit the bar. Has to be mentioned we should have had a penalty, didn't see the red card personally but sounds like it shouldn't have been and obviously we lose our captain, take off a forward, which encourages them forward with more men, but we didn't defend the cross well enough and it's cost us. Move on to Tuesday.
Richie

matt_drfc wrote:I'm definitely easily pleased.. Didn't think we played THAT bad, not great but not terrible. Battled pretty well and upped the tempo before red card and certainly looked most like scoring, keepers pulled off some class saves and we've hit the bar. Has to be mentioned we should have had a penalty, didn't see the red card personally but sounds like it shouldn't have been and obviously we lose our captain, take off a forward, which encourages them forward with more men, but we didn't defend the cross well enough and it's cost us. Move on to Tuesday.
Same here Matt, 11 v 11 we looked the more likely scorer, especially when Cureton came on. I actually thought Porter was good today, was my MOTM. Hemmings I was a fan of but he seems to have lost it, will only ever come inside at the moment, never takes his man on round the outside. Also for the first 70 minutes we were without our 3 best attackers, Zav/Rhys/JC, got to be expected that we wouldn't bang in five.

Very worried about Tuesday though, Bingham and Boucard the only fit centre mids we have. Not much energy to get around the park, get to second balls etc.
Diggerthedog

Richie wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:I'm definitely easily pleased.. Didn't think we played THAT bad, not great but not terrible. Battled pretty well and upped the tempo before red card and certainly looked most like scoring, keepers pulled off some class saves and we've hit the bar. Has to be mentioned we should have had a penalty, didn't see the red card personally but sounds like it shouldn't have been and obviously we lose our captain, take off a forward, which encourages them forward with more men, but we didn't defend the cross well enough and it's cost us. Move on to Tuesday.
Same here Matt, 11 v 11 we looked the more likely scorer, especially when Cureton came on. I actually thought Porter was good today, was my MOTM. Hemmings I was a fan of but he seems to have lost it, will only ever come inside at the moment, never takes his man on round the outside. Also for the first 70 minutes we were without our 3 best attackers, Zav/Rhys/JC, got to be expected that we wouldn't bang in five.

Very worried about Tuesday though, Bingham and Boucard the only fit centre mids we have. Not much energy to get around the park, get to second balls etc.
I thought we played ok in patches and Porter should have scored in the first half but fluffed it into the side netting. We get in good positions but fail to shoot at times. It took ages for us to work the keeper and when your at home that is not good enough regardless of how we have done getting to the box. Saah should have buried that header in the second half, we had chances but ending up with nothing and that is simply poor.
Adrian

I'd go with you two being deluded.
We did not have a shot on target until the 75th minute but you think we looked more likely to score?

They had twice as many shots as us and twice as many on target.
We created almost nothing until Cureton came on, and after a little flurry didn't look like doing anything either b
Diggerthedog

Adrian wrote:I'd go with you two being deluded.
We did not have a shot on target until the 75th minute but you think we looked more likely to score?

They had twice as many shots as us and twice as many on target.
We created almost nothing until Cureton came on, and after a little flurry didn't look like doing anything either b
We had the two best chances in the game before Cureton came on. Newport offered nothing other than a decent effort from the edge that struck the post.
matt_drfc

Richie wrote:

I agree with a lot of that, not sure about Porter MOM though lol, he did alright though. Thought Yusuff worked his bollocks off and was rightly MOM, shame about the goal though.