Newport

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ThatRoundThing

So how are we going to do? I think we could win this one 2-1.
Incidentally for those composing betting accas today. Coral has our game 11/2 to win with both teams to score. Add that to your low priced other bets and it makes a half tidy acca. (Online Price)
bearaab

It would be a waste though seeing as it will be btts Newport win.
ThatRoundThing

The odds will still be good for the Newport bet BTTS or how about over 2.5 goals and BTTS.
Dagdale

Play more solid at the back like second half Accy we're in with a chance, be interesting to see if Ade starts over Doidge and with Newport missing out on him hope he rubs it in for them and plays well, still prefer Billy B in and get some balls pumped in to Jamie C and the big man. Just hope we can use this game as a kick start and bury this awful scenario of taking leads and getting kicked in the bollocks by full time and fire us up for the Town on Tuesday.
Kevin

I'd be keen for us to go for a novel approach at home by scoring more goals than the opposition and therefore winning the game.

Be lovely for our soft lads at the back to make the odd challenge/tackle/header as well..might help with the above.

C'mon you Daggers..!! 8-)
leewilson

It'll be interesting to see if Boucard comes back in today. Personally I'd stick with the same team as last week but see if Yussef can continue his momentum by starting ahead of Doidge. Doidge is a great option from the bench mind, especially with the whole Newport link. It'd be typical if he came on and scored a goal to give us something against them.
Richie

leewilson wrote:It'll be interesting to see if Boucard comes back in today. Personally I'd stick with the same team as last week but see if Yussef can continue his momentum by starting ahead of Doidge. Doidge is a great option from the bench mind, especially with the whole Newport link. It'd be typical if he came on and scored a goal to give us something against them.
No way does Boucard deserve to walk back into a winning team, leave it as it was. I think we're a better team when playing 4-4-2 currently too.

I think we'll win today too, 1-0, Hemmings.
NickMurphy

Same old, same old.
Lcbdagger

Argh this is getting tiresome now every single week... How is it possible for a team to be so poor at Home and completely lacking in quality? Especially following a brilliant Away win against a decent side...Just nothing there to justify paying money to watch the game.

Feared for us when Cureton didn't start and after the mid week news reports Doidge can't even get a look in... getting more and more certain that our Home questions will never be properly answered this season
Adrian

What complete garbage.

How do we leave out our best player. I'm sure there will be some crap excuse about resting him for Tuesday, but that isn't acceptable.
We need to be gettingn results at home and need our best players to do that.

That we didn't manage a shot on target for 75 minutes says all it needs to.
We have too many players that just don't do anything - Batt, Labadie, Porter and Hemmings. Chambers should not be playing up front.

I'm sure some will complains bout the referee, but they've got a few players who will be a little niggly and we don't have the sense to just ignore it and end up getting dragged into stupidity.

Something needs to change and quickly.
Diggerthedog

Adrian wrote:What complete garbage.

How do we leave out our best player. I'm sure there will be some crap excuse about resting him for Tuesday, but that isn't acceptable.
We need to be gettingn results at home and need our best players to do that.

That we didn't manage a shot on target for 75 minutes says all it needs to.
We have too many players that just don't do anything - Batt, Labadie, Porter and Hemmings. Chambers should not be playing up front.

I'm sure some will complains bout the referee, but they've got a few players who will be a little niggly and we don't have the sense to just ignore it and end up getting dragged into stupidity.

Something needs to change and quickly.
Cureton has a slight Hamstring strain. Agree with the rest. Saah and Batt are crap we are so easy to beat. We will go down with them two in the back four.
Auntie Merge

I stayed at home eating cake with my family. It seems like I made the right decision and had a far more entertaining afternoon than the rest of you.

This is a very worrying situation - me choosing family time over the Daggers. Something has to change.

PS next three games - Luton, Wycombe, Shrewsbury - nil points?
Diggerthedog

Auntie Merge wrote:I stayed at home eating cake with my family. It seems like I made the right decision and had a far more entertaining afternoon than the rest of you.

This is a very worrying situation - me choosing family time over the Daggers. Something has to change.

I think our time has come Merge, bring on Welling and Braintree.
Auntie Merge

Diggerthedog wrote:
Auntie Merge wrote:I stayed at home eating cake with my family. It seems like I made the right decision and had a far more entertaining afternoon than the rest of you.

I think our time has come Merge, bring on Welling and Braintree.
NOooooooooooooo! It MUST not come to that, if we go down god knows how far we will fall given how much money is being pumped into clubs in the conference. Our league 2 status must be retained.
Mikins

That was painful. And reinforced the fact that we only have one real striker of any great ability. I know Yussef did well at Accrington but was on a hiding to nothing again today. We lost to an inferior team becuae we have no teeth and apparently not a single player with the bollocks to take even a speculative shot once in a blue moon. Jamie did more in 10 minutes than the other front four did in 90. Really poor showing at home again.
Sorry about your damn luck!