Newport

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagdale

Don't take away from the fact until JC came on did anyone of our players take a shot and have a go on their own? What he done in the five to ten minutes when he came on was more than everyone else in what 75 odd. I think a major post mortem should be put out now, do our players as a unit want to play under Wayne and his ways, if not sort it out once and for all, because somethings quite not right here, after all isn't it players getting managers sacked? Its frustrating all on board. Just don't seem to see any strong passion, the will to see off opposition, bring in more fans and we're still under all this time absolute crap at home and that alone's going to take us down the trap door, the only slight spark we can live on in the next week that we're slightly better away from home but these two games don't come any harder and I feel were in for a right spanking and a great possibility were in the bottom three this time next week.
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:We surely need to appeal Abs red card ok he wont ever get a job with the United Nation peace keepers but what has the linesman seen that lead him to advise the referee to send him off. His been thrown down by the throat and if anybody walks it should not be him.

Come on ref look at it again and reverse this decision,to me your Assistant has dropped you right in it.
He may have seen Abs stamp on his ankle while Bingham is trying to drag him away.
leewilson

The big problem for me at home is that we don't start quickly enough. You can look back to when we had good home records under Stilly and we would go out there from minute 1, put the opposition under pressure and look to kill the game. Teams used to come here and fear us. They used to be forced into mistakes as they were under constant pressure. Now, teams know they can come here and comfortably sit in and ease themselves into the match as we're not going to get after them early doors. Our style perhaps lends itself better away as it's not particularly gung ho and relies on our pacey attacking players exploiting space on the counter attack. But at home, we're not ruthless enough. I disagree with Adrian in that I thought we dominated Newport in most areas of the pitch yesterday but I agree with him that up until Cureton came on, they had more opportunities on goal. Over that 75 minutes though, I thought we played the nicer football, got into better positions but did not do enough to force the issue in the final third and their defence as a result had a comfortable afternoon (until JC came on).

I personally think at home that we need to revert to 4-4-2. I can't remember us being particularly good at home for long spells when we've played 4-3-3. The 4-4-2 we used to play under Still built partnerships. We built strike forces and centre mid pairings that were crucial to the spine of the team.

---------------------Cousins

Partridge-----Doe----Saah----Connors

Chambers-----Ogogo---Labadie----Hemmings

----------------Doidge-----Cureton

When Hines is back, he takes Hemmings spot. I think Doidge and Cureton could build a formidable partnership over time. It would allow us to go a little bit more direct at times and building pressure. Cureton is intelligent enough to play off of Doidge's flicks. I don't feel we have an ideal CM to play alongside Ogogo. I love Boucard but he is not suited for a 4-4-2. Howell works hard but lacks quality on the ball. I'd give Labadie the opportunity to build a partnership with Ogogo. I think Chambers would work hard helping Partridge out which is crucial do his lack of pace. Going forward, he has been our best wide man this season. Hemmings actually delivers a nice ball as well when he doesn't cut inside into traffic.

For me, it's better and clearer than some 4-3-3 amalgamation that has alot of switching and no real definition of role. For instance, 2nd half yesterday, we switched to something like this to see if we could change the game:

Porter-------Hemmings-------Yussuff

--------------Chambers-------------------

I know 4-4-2 is going out of fashion but I used to love the way we played it under Still when we had the right players for it. What we have now isn't perfect but I think it would definitely give us more success at home playing this way than we're getting currently. I would be more than happy for us to revert to 4-3-3 away and have Boucard come in for Doidge in order to control the ball a bit more and nulify the opposition.
ARNU

This is our problem Lee.....

Partridge-----Doe----Saah----Connors

Partridge and Connors clearly not good enough,Connors isn't a league 2 player(yet) and Thug is too slow.Doey definately and Saah yes but only because he's the best we've got other than Doe.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
dagger4eva

Saah and Doe are steady enough at league 2 level.
Partridge isnt too shabby .. if a little slow.

Batt and particularly connors however are way way out their depth.

Batt doesnt look interested in the slightest and connors is just shocking.

Theres lots wrong at the moment, particularly at home n to be honest cant see how this is going to change anytime soon
leewilson

dagger4eva wrote:Saah and Doe are steady enough at league 2 level.
Partridge isnt too shabby .. if a little slow.

Batt and particularly connors however are way way out their depth.

Batt doesnt look interested in the slightest and connors is just shocking.

Theres lots wrong at the moment, particularly at home n to be honest cant see how this is going to change anytime soon
This.

I like Partridge. People have now latched on to his pace being an issue and use it every time against him. He is also a very good footballer and linked up well with Cureton from the right side a fair few times. He's not got a bad delivery on him either. He does need some protection but I wouldn't want to lose him. He's someone who I think can get better and better.
matt_drfc

I think it's Partridge's positioning that needs to improve, pace isn't essential when your positioning is good. I would like to see him continue at RB but only if Chambers plays on the right as well, as said previously Chambers does cover him, those 2 linked up well at the beginning. I think Connors needs a few games out of the team now and Green to get a go at it..
Mikins

Largely agree. I thought batt was okay initially andhe can ddistribute well but frankly he's no faster than partridge, can't tackle for shit and is just lackadaisical in his general attitude.

Connors was good last season but every team who have turned up have marked him with a giant and bullied him out of the game, his awareness and timing are shot and seemingly so is his confidence. I'm not saying green is brilliant but he's bigger than Femi and tactically anyone can see you aren't going to bully him off anything unless your name includes the word "Akinfenwa" so why every single game we do the same subs winger for winger cm for cm) but never change defenders is beyond me.

That being said I didn't rate billy yesterday for all the talking him up lately. And IF he does want out as has been suggested I can imagine him putting in and awful performance against Luton on principle.
Sorry about your damn luck!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Don't know about Doidge and Cureton Lee but Cureton and Yussef did not look to shabby at Accrington.

Time to face facts we have been worked out and teams are exploiting it.

Newport knew that if they stayed in the game they would get an opportunity and if not nil nil suited them.

Once again a clearance header went nowhere at the depth they slung it straight back in our box and bingo.

Its the same story week in week out. You cant help but recall that John Still half time team talk that is a big hit on you tube," he says it will be the same next week but it wont cos I am not having that cos I will do something about it"

Sadly even as a big Wayne fan even I can see that he is not going to change anything he will put the same faith in the same bunch of losers each week and the result will be the same.
Mark

Labadie looks like a waste of time so far to me. He scored those 2 goals the other week which masked a pretty poor overall display. The game just passes him by.
Pondfield Dagger

wayne needs to watch the end of the qpr game and see Harry's interview to conceding a last minute vital goal...he is absolutely fuming...and mentions that word naive lol
leewilson

Pondfield Dagger wrote:wayne needs to watch the end of the qpr game and see Harry's interview to conceding a last minute vital goal...he is absolutely fuming...and mentions that word naive lol
To be fair, Wayne isn't one to mix his words. If anything, I think he gets too angry after losing games. It's more the lack of anything improving that we're worried about.
Masked Man

Glad I bought a cheap season ticket as I'd be skipping the next few games on the strength of watching the last few games!!
dagger4eva

Interesting couple of lines from Wayne's latest interview on Daggers Player.

Said "I'm judged on winning football matches and if I don't win enough matches I get the sack. Regardless of how well we play, and how many chances we create it doesn't matter. I'm judged on winning games and at the moment I'm not winning enough."

Think he is really starting to feel the pressure right now.

Two heavy defeats out the next 2 (I'm not expecting anything else) and I think that could be that