Burnett Poll In or Out

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

All in all we don't appear to have come up with anything better then we already got.

All the suggestions have one thing in common. They have all been sacked at some stage for being ******** useless !
dagger4eva

A fair argument except the current manager and his pals also fall into the "******** useless" category.

Just because what u dont deem to be an adequate replacement to have been mentioned so far doesnt mean there arent one or actually several managers out there whom could turn things around for us!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well I dare to suggest D4E that they are available for a reason ,that somewhere in the past they have been deemed to be errr not very good.
matt_drfc

Whilst Wayne is still in charge and those players are putting on our shirt I will support them regardless. I'd still love it to work for Wayne as I do like him, but I won't be overly disappointed if he does end up going.

It's a shame, as after the Wimbledon game, I had regained some optimism despite the result, most fans singing and clapping and the players and staff looking genuinely appreciative and gutted. I thought, beat Southport and Carlisle and go on a decent run and it could turn around, but obviously it wasn't to be, so that's it now unfortunately.

Oh, and the conversation of who to replace him with has been done many times and I haven't got an answer..
Last edited by matt_drfc on Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Romford Dagger

Lin or Beattie for me. Beattie is a tad unlikely tho. Never know
Last edited by The Romford Dagger on Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diggerthedog

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:All in all we don't appear to have come up with anything better then we already got.

All the suggestions have one thing in common. They have all been sacked at some stage for being ******** useless !
Burnett was sacked for being ******** usless at Grays and Fisher.
dagger4eva

Actually he wasn't useless at Fisher.

Am friends with a bloke who played in the team he managed the year he got them up via the playoffs and only heard great things about WB managerial skills.

It was the main thing that got me excited when he 1st got the job & it's the only thing which tells me the pressures of being a League 2 manager and everything that job entails is over his comfort zone and out of his depth.
SUSSEX DAGGER

dagger4eva wrote:Actually he wasn't useless at Fisher.

Am friends with a bloke who played in the team he managed the year he got them up via the playoffs and only heard great things about WB managerial skills.

It was the main thing that got me excited when he 1st got the job & it's the only thing which tells me the pressures of being a League 2 manager and everything that job entails is over his comfort zone and out of his depth.
The LMA were pretty keen on him as well D4E,they nominated him for Manager of the year.

The bloke who got it did not last long before being considered ******** useless and sacked . He has pitched up at York and guess what is proving to be not very good and if things continue in their current vane will not be long before he is once again considered ******** useless.
Diggerthedog

My bad but just looked it up and fisher were bank rolled that year and still only managed play offs.
Diggerthedog

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:

The LMA were pretty keen on him as well D4E,they nominated him for Manager of the year.

The bloke who got it did not last long before being considered ******** useless and sacked . He has pitched up at York and guess what is proving to be not very good and if things continue in their current vane will not be long before he is once again considered ******** useless.
Sussex football managers have a veru short shelf life and this is the end of Burnett's at this club. Only one out of every 70-80 last longer then a year. Time to move on and refresh the club.
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:

So the person who won the award that Burnett didn't win was ******** useless, yet you think it is some sort of endorsement that Burnett was nominated.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Take a chill pill Adrian, fail to win Saturday and your wish will come true I have no doubt.

A new Manager will have to be sought, it wont have a lot going for it except that the Job security at Dagenham and Redbridge is a lot longer then at other places.

You will only be happy when you get what you wanted since the poor bloke started .

Even success has met with your scorn, 9th even if it was only worth 14th in your view to me was a success as I live in the real World.

This was achieved when he lost the Players who contributed a third of our Goals and created at least half as many again for the last quarter of the season.

Losing them to was akin to your Hero losing Benson in our Promotion season but you just cant see it.
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Take a chill pill Adrian, fail to win Saturday and your wish will come true I have no doubt.

A new Manager will have to be sought, it wont have a lot going for it except that the Job security at Dagenham and Redbridge is a lot longer then at other places.

You will only be happy when you get what you wanted since the poor bloke started .

Even success has met with your scorn, 9th even if it was only worth 14th in your view to me was a success as I live in the real World.

This was achieved when he lost the Players who contributed a third of our Goals and created at least half as many again for the last quarter of the season.

Losing them to was akin to your Hero losing Benson in our Promotion season but you just cant see it.
I'm just trying to understand the logic in using a nomination for an award as an endorsement, and then pointing out that the winner of that award is now, in your words, ******** useless.
I'm not sure why you've gone into the rest of that.

Out of interest, what is it that I've wanted since he started?

And who is my hero?
SUSSEX DAGGER

The irony of it all I was attempting to point out obviously not very successfully.

You can go from hero to villain in weeks aka Russ Wilcox.

The People who made the nominations are not idiots they make their living out the game, don't know about you but they are better qualified then me to make such judgements.

You have wanted Wayne out almost since he got the job, you could not even be gracious when he got us to what I thought was a great place last season, Even by your obvious high expectations it had to be classed as satisfactory.

Tuesday night I saw a broken man and I refuse to kick a man when he is down. That makes me an idiot in some Peoples book but I can live with that, i know People who I stand with week in week out who are on different sides of the fence over this matter

However lets be fair, bloke was hounded by the same People who abused him Tuesday night when he walked off after the Luton game.You cant have it both ways and that appears to be what a number of fans want.

Everybody is entitled to their views but that was a horrid attack on a man trying to do his best.

You do not agree with me I get that, I also accept that when passions are high People behave in a manner they don't normally show but at sometimes you have to have to say that's enough, he has made mistakes there is no denying that but some of the abuse he received Tuesday was just not fair.
dagger4eva

Sussex,

I happen to agree with u almost 100% and I actually dont ever want to see any daggers manager get "abused" .. especially when its someone who is as genuine as wayne and l do believe he has his heart in the right place.

In saying that, he IS the manager, and has he himself has eluded to mumerous times "the buck stops with him". So he should FULLY expect SOME criticism.

both the for and against sides of him remaining manager have made some good, hard to argue with arguments but my view is unchanged that I think he is out of his depth and him and his two compadres all need outing ASAP