Burnett Poll In or Out

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
matt_drfc

:lol: :lol:
ARNU

leewilson wrote:
ARNU wrote:Maybe they should try not to survive then.Whats the point ? Im totally fed up with it,I even went and watched West Ham yesterday just to remind me what atmosphere,great football and a good day out were and I must admit I quite liked it again.If Orient weren't having such a poor run Id happily go there rather than watch this dross.£60 and my season tickets yours, get in before they remove Burnett though because that might reignite some passion in me.Cant believe hes moaning about us moaning.Win a game then mate !! I want him to turn this shit season round probably as much as he does but even going out the cup to Southport and losing again to Carlisle probably wont lose him his job.I'll come back when theres something worth watching.Not going Carlisle too embarrassed !
Supporting a team is more than just backing them when it's all going well. We can all moan when it's shit and rightly so, but I never understand why people would then desert the club when it's in need of everybody pulling together to beat the drop.

I mean, we're poor at the moment but in reality, we've had a successful last 10 years. Especially when you consider what the likes of Portsmouth, Plymouth, Stockport, Luton and Coventry fans just to name a few have had to endure. All of them clubs have maintained strong followings. I'm sure there's been plenty of bitching, whining and discontent along the way but there is a certain togetherness in sport whereby you stick with your club. Even if the club are letting itself down, as a group of fans you stay united. I love this culture in football. It's what attracted me to supporting a lower league club in the first place. There's a family feel to Dagenham, even if the management and playing staff have lost that identity somewhat, there is still a core of supporters at Dagenham who represent everything which is special about supporting your local team.

I remember 6 years or so ago when we got promoted to the Football League hoping that attendances would rise and there would become a bigger core of loyal fans that would embrace the values of the Daggers. For a while, this seemed to be coming true but as soon as we had a dip I realised that actually most of these new fans were just 'tag alongs' and here for the ride whilst it was good. Some have now faded away whilst others hang on and just moan and threaten until actually we do get relegated and they have a good reason to say 'well I'm not coming back, they're rubbish'. Yet that core of 800-1200 will remain and these are the people who are the lifeblood of the club. These are the supporters who will still be here when managers, coaches and players are gone. So quite frankly Arnu, if you want to go to West Ham, go. If you want to go to Orient, go. If you want to go to any other team who are doing well, then go. And we'll see you back here when our results start picking up again.

Bit drastic.You cant really call me a tag along surely.I probably watch more of this shit than quite a few of you.I've definitely earned my right to have a moan as well.Dont see anyone giving Tom and SteveMc any stick for not going at all this season either.Cant blame them really and its their prerogative if they've found something more interesting to do on a Saturday.How I voice my disappointment is upto me.A couple of comps at West Ham against coughing up £12 to watch paint dry yesterday was a slick bit of business I thought.1st game ive missed all season by the way.Carlisle.....Im working or id be there is the actual truth.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
The Romford Dagger

DaggerSince92 wrote:
ARNU wrote:Maybe they should try not to survive then.Whats the point ? Im totally fed up with it,I even went and watched Gone Girl yesterday just to remind me what atmosphere,great football and a good day out were and I must admit I quite liked it again.If Orient weren't having such a poor run Id happily go there rather than watch this dross.£6 and my season tickets yours, get in before they remove bacon burgers though because that might reignite some passion in me.Cant believe hes moaning about us moaning.Win a game then mate !! I want him to turn this great season round probably as much as he does but even going out the cup to Southport and losing again to Carlisle probably wont lose him his job.I'll come back when theres something worth watching.Not going work too embarrassed !
Bit drastic.

Well this gave me a laugh so cheers for that dagger92
Diggerthedog

nomis wrote:08.11.14 FAC Dagenham & Red. Southport 0 : 0 D
01.11.14 LEA Dagenham & Red. Shrewsbury 1 : 2 L
18.10.14 LEA Dagenham & Red. Newport 0 : 1 L
07.10.14 JOH Dagenham & Red. Leyton Orient 0 : 2 L
03.10.14 LEA Dagenham & Red. Exeter 1 : 2 L
27.09.14 LEA Dagenham & Red. York 2 : 0 W
13.09.14 LEA Dagenham & Red. Cambridge Utd 2 : 3 L
06.09.14 LEA Dagenham & Red. Northampton 0 : 2 L
23.08.14 LEA Dagenham & Red. Mansfield 2 : 0 W
12.08.14 CAP Dagenham & Red. Brentford 6 : 7 D/L
(4 : 4)
09.08.14 LEA Dagenham & Red. Morecambe 0 : 3 L
22.07.14 CLU Dagenham & Red. Milton Keynes 0 : 1 L
26.04.14 LEA Dagenham & Red. Northampton 0 : 3 L
21.04.14 LEA Dagenham & Red. Chesterfield 0 : 1 L
12.04.14 LEA Dagenham & Red. Portsmouth 1 : 4 L
29.03.14 LEA Dagenham & Red. Oxford Utd 1 : 0 W
25.03.14 LEA Dagenham & Red. Accrington 0 : 0 D
15.03.14 LEA Dagenham & Red. Morecambe 1 : 1 D
01.03.14 LEA Dagenham & Red. Mansfield 0 : 0 D
22.02.14 LEA Dagenham & Red. Plymouth 1 : 2 L
08.02.14 LEA Dagenham & Red. Hartlepool 0 : 2 L
28.01.14 LEA Dagenham & Red. Southend 1 : 1 D
25.01.14 LEA Dagenham & Red. Scunthorpe 3 : 3 D
11.01.14 LEA Dagenham & Red. Fleetwood 0 : 1 L

Can someone please tell me how our great manager has kept his lob with a home record as poor as this as I'm lost for words
Question for the board really. It's quite obvious the fans want a change but for some reason it's not happening. Perhaps we should turn our focus to wanting a change a board level. Someone has to do something as at the moment we are going down with our any fight.
Richie

Great post Lee
DI Mike Dashwood

Yep, although said in your normal very detailed way Lee, you are right here.

If people wanna go and watch West Ham, Orient, Spurs, Southend or Hornchuch, at a cost or for free, then please do. However, I have seen this Club (like many others on here) in a lot worse state than it is now. Try nearly bankrupt with a load of cash having gone missing, try knocked out of the Trophy 4-0 at home by Hyde in the middle of 10 or so Ryman games without a win, try losing at Furrock everytime we played them whatever level we were at, try using about 55 players in season 95/96 and being sunk without trace from the Conference. I could go on.

Where we are now is not great, I agree, but it is not a crisis in the mould of those the club has been in before.

And the reason nobody is giving the Macs grief is because they are not moaning at every decision and telling everyone how un-enjoyable it is, while then following it up by telling them they had a great day at West Ham on Saturday. They were there through many of the situations listed above, so are probably laughing at the way people seem to be putting the current situation on a par with an outbreak of Ebola.

The reason the Macs are proably not attending is actually more likely to be they got fed up with me shouting and moaning in their ears for 90 minutes every other Saturday!!!
Adrian

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Yep, although said in your normal very detailed way Lee, you are right here.

If people wanna go and watch West Ham, Orient, Spurs, Southend or Hornchuch, at a cost or for free, then please do. However, I have seen this Club (like many others on here) in a lot worse state than it is now. Try nearly bankrupt with a load of cash having gone missing, try knocked out of the Trophy 4-0 at home by Hyde in the middle of 10 or so Ryman games without a win, try losing at Furrock everytime we played them whatever level we were at, try using about 55 players in season 95/96 and being sunk without trace from the Conference. I could go on.

Where we are now is not great, I agree, but it is not a crisis in the mould of those the club has been in before.

And the reason nobody is giving the Macs grief is because they are not moaning at every decision and telling everyone how un-enjoyable it is, while then following it up by telling them they had a great day at West Ham on Saturday. They were there through many of the situations listed above, so are probably laughing at the way people seem to be putting the current situation on a par with an outbreak of Ebola.

The reason the Macs are proably not attending is actually more likely to be they got fed up with me shouting and moaning in their ears for 90 minutes every other Saturday!!!
Having just read that, can you please stop saying what I'm thinking? It's very disconcerting.
leewilson

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Yep, although said in your normal very detailed way Lee, you are right here.

That post was a bit too detailed for me ;-)

I ramble, you know that by now. I get to the point eventually though ;-)
SteveMc

Spot on :-) Well the last bit.

BTW, we will be making an appearance before Christmas, well I will, not sure about Tom, he left home and don't talk to me anymore...well he does a little bit on Twitter
TomMc

Cheers Dash!

I'm looking forward to the "glory hunter" chants already ;)
ARNU

I'll never really totally understand all this undying allegiance to anything let alone a football club.You get little or no thanks for it,invariably it upsets you far more than most of the actual important things in life and rarely does it make your cock any bigger.With our turnover of players we end up supporting a different bunch every year and even the die hard are now having a dig at the players because they aint "real daggers" and don't want to piss it up in the bar with the fans like the good old days.I've seen a lot of ya and just standing amongst some characters for the 90 minutes is hard going at least I don't have to talk to ya :lol: .Get a look at yourselves some of you please.Why would a 19 year old footballer want to even be in a bar with a load of moany old fat gits who chant for the manager to be sacked at full voice ? Just saying....The football aint great at the moment nobodies really disagreeing with that point.If any of you want to give a game a swerve its not illegal and dosent make you any less of a fan and so what if it did ? Nobody cares !!! And they would need medical treatment if they really did care about such minutae wouldnt they ??
Last edited by ARNU on Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SteveMc

TomMc wrote:Cheers Dash!

I'm looking forward to the "glory hunter" chants already ;)
It's hardly going to be 'glory hunting' now is it.

BTW, Tom how are you?
DaggerSince92

ARNU wrote:I'll never really totally understand all this undying allegiance to anything let alone a football club.You get little or no wanks for it,invariably it upsets you far more than most of the actual important things in life and always it makes your cock bigger.
Interesting viewpoint, would you care to explain more?
matt_drfc

Incredible.
ARNU

DaggerSince92 wrote:
ARNU wrote:I'll never really totally understand all this undying allegiance to anything let alone a football club..
My only joke is wearing thin I wish I could be more funny without having to ****** with peoples quotes ? Please like me please !!
Funny comes naturally mate,just be yourself that's already quite funny.