Dugout

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

I don't know how many people noticed that we switched dugouts yesterday, and I understand this move is permanent.

Not sure of exactly the reason why. Suggestions were that it was down to the abuse that Wayne was getting, which to be honest is minimal compared to the constant abuse John Still got, or that it is to the number of seats by the technical area, allowing for all the hangers-on to sit near Wayne too
or that it was just a change to see if it changed our luck at home.

BUT as someone who has sat behind the home manager for 14 years, (and has had time to sleep on this before posting) I can say that honestly, I am quite upset, and feel that it is yet another etch away at the things that made us a family club. That the manager would be in front of the home crowd, and turn around and see the same faces, and acknowledge those faces, is something really special, and something that I fear is now lost. I've brought my niece and nephew to games in the past and they were always totally in awe of the fact our manager was so close to the home fans, and smiled and acknowledged them. It is another thing which has now distanced the manager and players from the home fans.

I do confess too that for the first time, part of me wanted us to lose 24-0 yesterday so that the dugouts would be quickly changed back. Obviously that is not going to happen now we've won.

Plus I am not so sure that I want to sit behind the opposition manager, given who some of those opposition managers are or may be. Yes, as a friend suggested to me I could shout abuse to them and know they could hear it, but that really isn't what coming to home games is about for me. It is about being home and feeling happy and safe in the comfort of my Daggers family and watching the team I love win 6-0. ;)
Diggerthedog

Your right it is for the use of the seats alongside the away bench for the huge back room staff including former Olympians we now seem to have.
ARNU

Look at the positives,you could throw one of those greasy mank burgers at him,still get him straight in the back of the head and he'd never know who threw it from where you sit merge.

Is it me or is the walkround by the players at the end a bit half arsed these days ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
bloke down the pub

Or is it like everything else involving WB he just lost his way.
Dagdale

As usual waking into the ground 3.01 and plonking up on sieve that's the first thing my mate greeted me on, dugout change, could it be abuse? Remember a guy comments on here end of last season sitting behind our bench that it was going bad my home fans with the verbals to that direction. But you never know one out of one wins now, it might bring on some well needed luck.
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:Look at the positives,you could throw one of those greasy mank burgers at him,still get him straight in the back of the head and he'd never know who threw it from where you sit merge.

Is it me or is the walkround by the players at the end a bit half arsed these days ?
The other Positive being that both games we have won at home this season the Manager has not been in the abandoned dugout.

Must agree tho the Repor with the fans is not the same these days Cambridge game it was straight down the tunnel and comments were made at Portsmouth that the Captain had to urge the players to come over to the fans at the end.

Add in the naughty boys that were recruited in the Summer and the DAGENHAM family is not what it use to be.
dagger4eva

Must agree tho the Repor with the fans is not the same these days Cambridge game it was straight down the tunnel and comments were made at Portsmouth that the Captain had to urge the players to come over to the fans at the end.
Hardly surprising given the "supporters" offer little or next to zero actual support & encouragement during the 90 minutes........ at home at least!!
matt_drfc

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
ARNU wrote:Look at the positives,you could throw one of those greasy mank burgers at him,still get him straight in the back of the head and he'd never know who threw it from where you sit merge.

The other Positive being that both games we have won at home this season the Manager has not been in the abandoned dugout.

Add in the naughty boys that were recruited in the Summer and the DAGENHAM family is not what it use to be.
I don't want Arnu going into one like other threads.. But that captain, was a naughty boy when he was recruited, we gave him a chance and look at him now..
Diggerthedog

As was the manager at one point in his life...
ARNU

http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news ... r_assault/

Hardly something to be proud of ?

I've spoken quite clearly on Abs and the ice cube incident in the past.He acted like a fool and it was an ugly incident that Im sure he now regrets.Cost him 6 grand and he got a suspended prison sentence,so at least you could say he payed his dues.Unlike thug who payed about £30 and had to cry like a baby in court for what seems just as bad if not a worse incident.It is good that Abs learnt from his mistakes and has since been a good boy and an inspirational player and captain.Was he a twat for doing it ? Yes...all day long.You aren't expecting me to condone such behaviour are you ? If Thug can behave from now on and become grown up and reformed like Abs then fair play to him.For now he remains Thug,you earn respect afterall.
shoreyda2nd

One thing I did notice, after the bad tackle in the 2nd half that could/should have earned York's defender a red, pretty much every player for both sides got involved in the melee. Partridge was our only player (besides Cousins 60 yards away) to not move at all towards the incident.
I'd like to think that he realises he really is on a last chance and can't afford any behavioural issues/incidents.
SUSSEX DAGGER

[quote="shoreyda2nd"]One thing I did notice, after the bad tackle in the 2nd half that could/should have earned York's defender a red, pretty much every player for both sides got involved in the melee. Partridge was our only player (besides Cousins 60 yards away) to not move at all towards the incident.
I'd like to think that he realises he really is on a last chance and can't afford any behavioural issues/incidents.[/

Or may be like all bully/thugs he just did not fancy his chances .
ARNU

shoreyda2nd wrote:One thing I did notice, after the bad tackle in the 2nd half that could/should have earned York's defender a red, pretty much every player for both sides got involved in the melee. Partridge was our only player (besides Cousins 60 yards away) to not move at all towards the incident.
I'd like to think that he realises he really is on a last chance and can't afford any behavioural issues/incidents.
Partridge has been given a fantastic opportunity with us.His 3rd last chance no less,so that's good that he did that Shorey.He has made his own bed and will now need to lie in it for quite a long time.I aint so hard as to believe he could never change,we all make mistakes I suppose(Do we all stove peoples heads in by mistake ??)But If we just forgive completely on the strength of a couple of months good behaviour then I don't think it would be too long before someone started to take libs.I truly hope he sorts himself out if not for us,for his own sake.Seems James Tompkins at West Ham still acts like a prick in nightclubs bashing coppers,why wouldn't he,nobody is going to punish him really.So that then becomes acceptable behaviour for people like Partridge if nothing is done about him.Jail him for 2 years(Like would happen to you and me,but we'd also lose our job) they might start to behave a bit more civilised.
Richie

Wayne discussed this on Player, as said above it's just due to the extra seats near the old away one