York

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

bearaab wrote:So...we win and people seem annoyed and up for an argument.
Yeah because you never start one do you ?

I prefer Cousins from what I've seen but Im not so sure O'Brian is as bad as all that, still learning his trade after all.The Cambridge game he had a bit of a mare,does anyone remember the mighty Robbo conceding in injury time at home to MK Dons ? I could have caught that one.Put a decent defense in front of them before you can really judge.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

We won against a poor team and that's all you can do in most games at this level. To be fair the gaffer he made personnel and a tactics change which led to the win. It was not pretty by it was never going to be against a team sitting deep and offering nothing going forward. More wins like this will be needed when the away sides set up like this.

Exeter are in good form and play similar to us which should lead to a very interesting game. Decent home crowd turnout yesterday but how many were freebies?
Adrian

Yes, because winning a game means we should ignore that it was a terrible game to watch or that there are still plenty of things that aren't right.
Diggerthedog

Our first goal was a very good move not sure what more you can ask for from players at this level? It's terrible to watch as the opposition had no intention of attacking so perhaps go and have a moan at the York manager.
EastLDN

Too early to judge on Cousins realistically, pulled off one or two decent saves but the majority of Yorks shots were off target. On the game itself the ball must have been in the air most of the time, far too much hoof ball. Nice passage of play for our first goal and delivery from the set piece. Looking forward to seeing us ruin Exeter's clean sheet form.
hockley dagger

Cousins was my man of the match at Cheltenham last week. He certainly earned us a point there. I agree with Sussex that Batt did well yesterday as did Connors
bearaab

Adrian wrote:
Yes, because winning a game means we should ignore that it was a terrible game to watch or that there are still plenty of things that aren't right.
100% agree.
bearaab

ARNU wrote:
Disagreeing with you being a twat isn't starting an argument.
Adrian

Diggerthedog wrote:Our first goal was a very good move not sure what more you can ask for from players at this level? It's terrible to watch as the opposition had no intention of attacking so perhaps go and have a moan at the York manager.
A very good move? Really? It was a couple of passes forward, ending with a misplaced pull back. Ok, it was probably the only time either team managed to string together that many passing to take their team forward, but it was far from a very good move. It helped that one of their players took himself out fouling Howell and another got tripped by Ogogo.

It wasn't terrible to watch because of York. It was terrible to watch because of both teams.
Away teams tend to set up to not be very attacking, but we don't seem to have realised that yet and haven't found a way to play against it at home.
matt_drfc

What do you think we should do to improve Adrian?
mickeyblue

We played ok ans never looked like losing
something thats been missing for along time

3 points friday and confidence goes back up.

going forward ok we didnt look great but id take 3 points every week than a great performance and no points. Basically dont like to lose
but we finished 9th!
Diggerthedog

Adrian wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:Our first goal was a very good move not sure what more you can ask for from players at this level? It's terrible to watch as the opposition had no intention of attacking so perhaps go and have a moan at the York manager.
A very good move? Really? It was a couple of passes forward, ending with a misplaced pull back. Ok, it was probably the only time either team managed to string together that many passing to take their team forward, but it was far from a very good move. It helped that one of their players took himself out fouling Howell and another got tripped by Ogogo.

It wasn't terrible to watch because of York. It was terrible to watch because of both teams.
Away teams tend to set up to not be very attacking, but we don't seem to have realised that yet and haven't found a way to play against it at home.
It was a good move in my eyes and yes York not attacking made the game in my opinion a lot poorer than when teams have given it a go like Cambridge. I get your opinions but stop forcing them on people. Does Chambers still not excite you ;)
ThatRoundThing

matt_drfc wrote:What do you think we should do to improve Adrian?

Surely Adrian doesn't need improving!! :lol:
matt_drfc

ThatRoundThing wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:What do you think we should do to improve Adrian?

Surely Adrian doesn't need improving!! :lol:
Haha I had to re-read it :lol:
ARNU

bearaab wrote:
ARNU wrote:
Disagreeing with you being a twat isn't starting an argument.
You should channel all that anger into actually attending a match.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !