York

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

mickeyblue wrote:we played 4 centre mids in what can only be a tactical formation to stifle out york.

if they had a decent winger we get smashed today so my only guess is they like to play it through the middle so wayne won that tactical battle!.

ladabie did more the howell who imo is not playing well at all but runs around all game so gets noticed more.

defended much better today and i won golden goal hehe

now another 3 points friday ill be over the moon
Interesting formation change... last time we played 4 centre mids back when we had Saunders and Bingham was a complete disaster.. brave move
redboy

Well that's one team I've seen that are worse than us. Not a great game but we always had control and the upper hand. At the moment, points are more important than performances.
Pondfield Dagger

thought it was going to be 1-1 with that free header from the corner, absolute sitter but fortunately for us, was headed wide of the target..

did we win the toss today to choose halfs? i prefer the away team kicking towards the bury road end in 2nd half...less pressure of their fans sucking that ball in like cambridge did last week lol.
SUSSEX DAGGER

No chance what ever way you kick when you play like they did . Also helps when you have a adequate Goalkeeper . When we count the beans up a home tie with a struggling Fulham was chucked away because somehow Cousins was classed as an inferior Goalkeeper.
matt_drfc

Lol he's not THAT bad. Just glad they've both been given a chance! Cousins certainly looks better so far but O'Brien will be a good keeper in future, hopefully Jim Stannard can progress him. Liked the way Cousins managed the game from his end, simple things, but wasted time well without getting booked is positive, took the sting out of some York attacks. Saying that, the whole team did well in that aspect, something we lacked last season.
SUSSEX DAGGER

matt_drfc wrote:Lol he's not THAT bad. Just glad they've both been given a chance! Cousins certainly looks better so far but O'Brien will be a good keeper in future, hopefully Jim Stannard can progress him. Liked the way Cousins managed the game from his end, simple things, but wasted time well without getting booked is positive, took the sting out of some York attacks. Saying that, the whole team did well in that aspect, something we lacked last season.
If O'Brien is a pro Goalkeeper then I am taking up Brain surgery. Sorry Matt they look miles apart and I just can't for the life of me why our Management could not see it.

It also helps by the way that your Goalkeeper does not kick the ball to them like ours did up there in January, for the first goal up until that point they were worse them what they looked today and somehow the made the playoffs last season.
matt_drfc

I don't disagree with you Chris, but O'Brien does have potential to be a good keeper and he's not a bad back up keeper if Cousins is our 1st choice this season. I'd say he's a better back up keeper than Seabright would be..
Adrian

We were supposed to be signing two goalkeepers to compete with eachother, not to have one first choice and one backup. O'Brien clearly isn't up to competing as a first choice.
I'm not sure how he is any better than Seabright as a backup, let alone why he was picked to be first choice in the first place.

I remain a little concerned that we were supposed to be signing two experienced goalkeepers, but signed two who played as many Football League games as me last season between them.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Adrian wrote:We were supposed to be signing two goalkeepers to compete with eachother, not to have one first choice and one backup. O'Brien clearly isn't up to competing as a first choice.
I'm not sure how he is any better than Seabright as a backup, let alone why he was picked to be first choice in the first place.

I remain a little concerned that we were supposed to be signing two experienced goalkeepers, but signed two who played as many Football League games as me last season between them.
To be fair I did hear we were hoping to get Poke from Tourqey,but he went and sat in a deck chair on Pompey touchline
SUSSEX DAGGER

Oh and just in the interest of fairness I have to say that our RB looked more like my childhood super hero today and not the Joker .
matt_drfc

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Oh and just in the interest of fairness I have to say that our RB looked more like my childhood super hero today and not the Joker .
I wasn't sure if their RB was the real one :lol:
leewilson

I'm happy with Cousins and I was when we signed him. He got a good review from Colchester fans and those who had seen him play. Some were a bit concerned with his height but I try to spin it as a positive. He wouldn't have made a half decent Football League career as a GK at his height if he didn't have something about him. I was bemused when O'Brien started the season but I suppose Wayne wanted to see how he got on as a number 1. He didn't quite cut it. It's best Wayne has made the change now and rightly so.
SUSSEX DAGGER

If our Manager had made that call after Morecambe and Brentford then I am confident the Cambridge game would have been saved.

The Manager does not need to be made to sound as a tatical genius it was plain for all to see O'Brien had to be dropped. As he is fond of saying he picks the Team and even as a big fan of Wayne in what he is trying to do he got this badly wrong.
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Adrian wrote:We were supposed to be signing two goalkeepers to compete with eachother, not to have one first choice and one backup. O'Brien clearly isn't up to competing as a first choice.

To be fair I did hear we were hoping to get Poke from Tourqey,but he went and sat in a deck chair on Pompey touchline
The O'Brien signing was being discussed on here quite close after the season ended which doesn't give the impression that he was a consolation signing.

If I tell the missus I'm going to bring home some steak for dinner and come home with some frozen burgers, she isn't going to be impressed.
bearaab

So...we win and people seem annoyed and up for an argument.