Russell Slade

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
EastLDN

Quit at Orient, do we fancy turning them over in the cup? A shame for them as he really turned there fortunes round. With their new owner some mental Italian manager to go in there I guess. Worrying times for their fan base as new foreign owners have an awful habit of tearing the heart out your beloved football club.
Richie

Is it just me who has zero enthusiasm for the JPT? Home to Orient should be an exciting match but it does nothing for me
EastLDN

I think the JPT gives us a realistic opportunity for a cup run, maybe more of a stumble but it's extra games under the belt and pounds in the pocket of the club. A tenner is a bargain too, I'll be going down hoping for another cup thriller!
Daggyjack

Looking forward to the dream team of Slade and Glenn Roeder taking the Redbirds down to League One next season :lol:
Dagdale

A bit of a bolt out the blue, although like us one league below havn't exactly started the first 9 games that well. Pretty surprised quite a few O's fans seem to think its time he moved on and are not that shaken by it all. Just wondering if they're lining up James Beattie as its a bit strange what happened all of a sudden with him and termination at Accy, quite admire this guy and think long term his going to come out a pretty decent coach and maybe eventually a marker for Premiership a side.
ARNU

It is probably time for a change for Slade.He took them as far as they are likely to go last season.Its mid table or worse for them this year,best go and do another project as Johny hoofball once said.They will hate him if they finish poor this year.Doing the right thing now I think.Stilly should've gone after Lg1 relegation.He'd have left a hero regardless.Unfortunately the way he did go gives ammunition to likes of me forever more.Maybe Slade will get the Cardiff job.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagdale

You know its a real strange one coming up on that Tuesday (Oct 21st) away at Luton, what do we do here? I should imagine we're going to take a few fans over there by then and could become a bit of a midweek match this, what sort of reception? Mixed bag? I first game on to the daggers scene '07 and obviously saw out a bit of his running of our side, obviously it wern't all a smooth ride and scratching me head here and there on some decisions, but we probably wouldn't be where we are today (albeit I know its not running that smooth at the moment) if it wasn't for him and Terry putting us on Football League turf. Many guys I drink with at the club or travel away with 'are old school' I'm quite surprised though because like me many are not happy how he left, but the overall picture is I think were probably give him quite a good reception on the night, at our manor would it be the same? I suppose bagging six points would certainly keep our morals intact but if it goes 'tits up' believe a bit of barracking might occur. Its getting near now.
Diggerthedog

Dagdale wrote:You know its a real strange one coming up on that Tuesday (Oct 21st) away at Luton, what do we do here? I should imagine we're going to take a few fans over there by then and could become a bit of a midweek match this, what sort of reception? Mixed bag? I first game on to the daggers scene '07 and obviously saw out a bit of his running of our side, obviously it wern't all a smooth ride and scratching me head here and there on some decisions, but we probably wouldn't be where we are today (albeit I know its not running that smooth at the moment) if it wasn't for him and Terry putting us on Football League turf. Many guys I drink with at the club or travel away with 'are old school' I'm quite surprised though because like me many are not happy how he left, but the overall picture is I think were probably give him quite a good reception on the night, at our manor would it be the same? I suppose bagging six points would certainly keep our morals intact but if it goes 'tits up' believe a bit of barracking might occur. Its getting near now.
Little cheer and clap would suffice, the OTT from Chelsea fans was embarassing towards Lampard was cringe worthy and just shows how plastic their fans really are. I don't give a crap about Luton or Stilly we need to go and get three points.
bearaab

ARNU wrote:It is probably time for a change for Slade.He took them as far as they are likely to go last season.Its mid table or worse for them this year,best go and do another project as Johny hoofball once said.They will hate him if they finish poor this year.Doing the right thing now I think.Stilly should've gone after Lg1 relegation.He'd have left a hero regardless.Unfortunately the way he did go gives ammunition to likes of me forever more.Maybe Slade will get the Cardiff job.
If he'd left after league 1 his reputation wouldn't have been tarnished and I don't think it was anyway. People were desperate for him to get sacked and are just annoyed that he resigned. Get over it.

I for one wouldn't have quit in his position,but I'm not one for giving up at the first sign of adversity.
ARNU

bearaab wrote:
ARNU wrote:It is probably time for a change for Slade.He took them as far as they are likely to go last season.Its mid table or worse for them this year,best go and do another project as Johny hoofball once said.They will hate him if they finish poor this year.Doing the right thing now I think.Stilly should've gone after Lg1 relegation.He'd have left a hero regardless.Unfortunately the way he did go gives ammunition to likes of me forever more.Maybe Slade will get the Cardiff job.
If he'd left after league 1 his reputation wouldn't have been tarnished and I don't think it was anyway. People were desperate for him to get sacked and are just annoyed that he resigned. Get over it.

I for one wouldn't have quit in his position,but I'm not one for giving up at the first sign of adversity.
I am annoyed he resigned,club should have ****** him off 2 seasons before.

His reputation was tarnished FACT.Apart from yourself show me somebody who wasn't just a little disappointed with how he left(And even you would have been a little miffed and you don't even watch themLOL).John Stills first sign of adversity after relegation had to be getting 4 points out of 54 or whatever it was.If he had left when we were relegated he would never have embarrassed himself with that set of results.Dumping us and trying to take all our backroom staff was treacherous behaviour.He even tapped up Wayne Burnett.He was on enough money,just hung around long enough to almost bleed the club dry.Could have bought some half decent players with that dough.Instead we had old Grandads like Maher and Arber with busted knees hoofing away.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !