Next two games

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Next two games are big for our season in terms of where we want to be come May. Both at home and both against teams around us. 4 points is a minimum for me. Can't imagine what the Exeter attendance would be if we get beat on Saturday. When you hear about season ticket holders not bothering with some games it hits home how bad we really are at home.

Time for the management and the players to give the home fans something to cheer about as the last year at home has been truly shocking. Over to you guys.
Lcbdagger

Cant disagree with that... we are officially not even in to the Autumn period yet... god knows what attendances will be like with only a couple of wins at Home under our belt when December/ January/ February weather kicks in.

Well aware that we only need a couple of decent results to turn a corner and we are playing well enough in attack but consistent poor results at Home will start to knock the players confidence as well as the crowd
SUSSEX DAGGER

Was looking myself at the next four, three at home and all look very winnable.

From the end of October through to Christmas we have what look to be some tough games.

Big month coming up, lets hope we can at least get through them with some good results and altho it gets harder it will at least be a bit neaerer to Rhys and Zav coming back.
Auntie Merge

Diggerthedog wrote:Next two games are big for our season in terms of where we want to be come May. Both at home and both against teams around us. 4 points is a minimum for me. Can't imagine what the Exeter attendance would be if we get beat on Saturday. When you hear about season ticket holders not bothering with some games it hits home how bad we really are at home.

Time for the management and the players to give the home fans something to cheer about as the last year at home has been truly shocking. Over to you guys.
The Exeter attendance is likely to be low anyway. Quite a few Exeter fans who would have come on a Saturday won't make the Friday night.

I won't be there either. It clashes with the eve of the Jewish holy day of Yom Kippur. Last time I watched us on Yom Kippur, we lost heavily and I swore I wouldn't do it again.
ARNU

We have to win them.2 More home losses on the trot would probably mean Wayne's position would be very iffy.The club should boot him out if we lose the next 2 home games,and im his greatest fan.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

Auntie Merge wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:Next two games are big for our season in terms of where we want to be come May. Both at home and both against teams around us. 4 points is a minimum for me. Can't imagine what the Exeter attendance would be if we get beat on Saturday. When you hear about season ticket holders not bothering with some games it hits home how bad we really are at home.

The Exeter attendance is likely to be low anyway. Quite a few Exeter fans who would have come on a Saturday won't make the Friday night.

I won't be there either. It clashes with the eve of the Jewish holy day of Yom Kippur. Last time I watched us on Yom Kippur, we lost heavily and I swore I wouldn't do it again.
Exter is a place were a. Lot People originate from but no longer live there. Also having a university again a lot of People who no longer live there have ties. So although it is difficult for residents of Exeter bet it won't be our worse away crowd this season .
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:We have to win them.2 More home losses on the trot would probably mean Wayne's position would be very iffy.The club should boot him out if we lose the next 2 home games,and im his greatest fan.
No chance, when we allowed John Still to go 18 games for a pathetic 4 points that would have been worse if not for an injury time goal Wayne surely deserves longer to get it right.

Weather the Board continue with him after his contract is up at the end of the year that's another matter.
NickMurphy

At the point now where I no longer know if Arnu's being serious or sarcastic.
matt_drfc

NickMurphy wrote:At the point now where I no longer know if Arnu's being serious or sarcastic.
Same :lol:
Diggerthedog

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Was looking myself at the next four, three at home and all look very winnable.

From the end of October through to Christmas we have what look to be some tough games.

Big month coming up, lets hope we can at least get through them with some good results and altho it gets harder it will at least be a bit neaerer to Rhys and Zav coming back.
I'm looking forward to Rhys and Zav playing again but they wont being helping with the defending.
matt_drfc

May force the opposition to defend more due to the threat of those 2, taking pressure of our defence, always a possibility
Dagger In The Heart

matt_drfc wrote:May force the opposition to defend more due to the threat of those 2, taking pressure of our defence, always a possibility
Clutching at very short straws I feel. If Jamie isn't enough to do that, then I doubt anyone in this league is. I was always worried when he was on the opposing team.

I thought like many others how discounting season tickets for hardcores actually raise money....now I see. If I didn't have one I wouldn't be turning up on Saturday such is the home form. And I'm one of the hardcores who went to Hartlepool just a month ago.

My view on these next 2 games is very simple. 6 points, no excuses.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Dagger In The Heart wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:May force the opposition to defend more due to the threat of those 2, taking pressure of our defence, always a possibility
Clutching at very short straws I feel. If Jamie isn't enough to do that, then I doubt anyone in this league is. I was always worried when he was on the opposing team.

I thought like many others how discounting season tickets for hardcores actually raise money....now I see. If I didn't have one I wouldn't be turning up on Saturday such is the home form. And I'm one of the hardcores who went to Hartlepool just a month ago.

My view on these next 2 games is very simple. 6 points, no excuses.
Out the two Zav is the one. Rhys you will not see until New year.The latest was another set back and it will be a month. Rule of thumb is you can add another 6 weeks onto that by that time he will have about 3 months game time on his contract .

The cynic in me says no Player is going to put it all in with a lucrative contract only weeks away, we are not talking about a run of mill player we are talking about somebody who can expect to at least treble his wages.

Since the Peterborough enquiry how many games has he played ? all those who questioned the board accusing them of having no ambition we'll the Chickens are now coming home to roost. Since then we have hardly had the Player and all we have left is a fast depreciating asset.
Diggerthedog

His goals for a few months could easily keep us up this season so any fee would be far less then the cost of relegation.

We are 3-1 to win at home this Saturday against a team that has won one game this season, says it all really.
matt_drfc

I'd be alright with 4 points, a draw against York and win against Exeter. 6 points would be lovely but 4 points minimum. Femi should get a good reception aswell!