Next two games

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Pondfield Dagger

york are in a false position aren't they?

they were flying for the last 20 games of last season storming into play off positions...

think they will come good starting against us...we are so unpredictable and a nightmare on the footy coupon.. we will get 1 point from the next 2 games and then go and win at accy and luton...
leewilson

Pondfield Dagger wrote:york are in a false position aren't they?

they were flying for the last 20 games of last season storming into play off positions...

think they will come good starting against us...we are so unpredictable and a nightmare on the footy coupon.. we will get 1 point from the next 2 games and then go and win at accy and luton...
I will be amazed if we beat Luton.
Dagdale

I'd be very surprised also if we mustered a win at Accrington Stanley too, although the Daggers have shown some good patches of decent play at times feel, looking wisely at almost ten matches in now were a struggling side- full stop, confidence and ability to go out and win a game strongly has gone out of the window all season so far to what I've seen. We're losing ability to pick up points to teams now that should not present a danger to us. With the loss of so many key players pre- season and the new lot still to gel in together and with errors abundant in nearly all departments I'd say we're in for one hell of a struggle this season and it makes it even harder to comprehend because nearly all the other sides in this League 2 have nothing to write home about, they're there for the taking. Its pretty dire that we're now fretting about and worried (Me included !) whether we're going to see off the likes of York City and Exeter. Just hope it WILL become better!
ARNU

Murphy aint as good as Cureton,never will be.He'll never play in the premiership either,you can let lee Wilson choose me a hat to eat if he does.Murphy was just better than the dross we'd been used too at the time.Bear in mind our problem for 2 seasons previously was scoring and getting someone to cross the ball in the first place. He cant head the ball,jump or get back and defend and spent quite a bit of time in games being anonymous.Our problem is defending,we clearly have players who can and do score.As a unit we just cant keep the ball out of our net especially from corners and free kicks.Neither Murphy or Zavon hines will improve that aspect of our play.Hines has an obvious talent but he got found out quite early on last season and was pretty ineffective for the latter part.So I don't buy into all this "When Murphy and Hines get back" nonsense.They'll score goals no doubt but we banged 6 in against Brentford without them.They are both expensive luxuries(Which in itself I doubt)that cannot afford to have sitting it out in the sick bay.More infuriatingly I said this would happen with Hines but we gave him a contract anyway.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

Cureton hardly played in the prem and has spent most of his of his time in the lower leagues, something Rhys Murphy is more then capable of doing.
ARNU

NickMurphy wrote:At the point now where I no longer know if Arnu's being serious or sarcastic.
The mere fact that you have come to that conclusion is evidence of progress Nicholas.I belong to a number of different forums on a number of differing subjects.My online persona has quite the same effect on them too.Bit of a wind up,devils advocate,thought provoker and general irritant.The truth is Im as right or as wrong as everybody else.I know absolutely if you spoke to me you'd be totally astonished that Arnu and I are the same person.The bloke who would email you footy pics he'd taken for your blog was quite a nice geezer I'd imagine.Forums are for putting opinions out there.Not necessarily ones you have to even have in fact.

Waynes on rocky ground at the moment,quite rightly.I hope he gets off of it soon because I truly believe he can be good for this club.
ARNU

Diggerthedog wrote:Cureton hardly played in the prem and has spent most of his of his time in the lower leagues, something Rhys Murphy is more then capable of doing.
That's as maybe but Murphy isn't even playing in league 2 right now because he now has the added baggage of being an injury worry.That wont go away,mud sticks as they say.Bit like Dean Ashton at West ham.They blew a fortune on him while he was crocked.Murphy is a league 1 player all day long and like many daggers before him will inevitably earn a few quid more at a slightly more glamourous club/clubs than us.He certainly aint as good as CMS and he wont be a prem player either.Go on indulge me...which prem team would he get into right now if he weren't crocked ?
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:Cureton hardly played in the prem and has spent most of his of his time in the lower leagues, something Rhys Murphy is more then capable of doing.
That's as maybe but Murphy isn't even playing in league 2 right now because he now has the added baggage of being an injury worry.That wont go away,mud sticks as they say.Bit like Dean Ashton at West ham.They blew a fortune on him while he was crocked.Murphy is a league 1 player all day long and like many daggers before him will inevitably earn a few quid more at a slightly more glamourous club/clubs than us.He certainly aint as good as CMS and he wont be a prem player either.Go on indulge me...which prem team would he get into right now if he weren't crocked ?
I never said he would play for a prem team just pointing out that Cureton being a premiership player is a myth quote from all who talk about him as such and that Rhys will play at the same level as Cureton has done 99% of his playing career.
ARNU

Yes that's a fair point Diggerthedog.
Hes a good striker,possibly he might play in the championship.Dunno.(Doubt it)He may get a move like that,definately wont be this season or next unless he comes back and scores a goal a game.
Anyone who could score goals who came along to Dagenham at the same time as Murphy did would have been seen by us as the messiah.But remember what we had before.Woodall,Jake reed,Sam Williams (who was happier going on the dole than sign for another season)Josh sicknote Scott,Ben Lacklustre Strevens and a few loans that didn't work out.Then previously there was Akinde,Marvin morgan,Adam Cunnington who couldn't get a game,Baz Savage and that lanky bloke who broke his leg,Edmans was it ?After all those disasters Murphy rocks into town and actually knows where the goal is.Only Dwight Gayle has actually made it to the big time and to a lesser degree CMS.How many other lg 2 players that actually get that far ? LeFondre did for a bit,Charlie Austin and Grant Holt.These guys were all prolific goalscorers.There must be more than that but not many.
leewilson

ARNU wrote:Murphy aint as good as Cureton,never will be.He'll never play in the premiership either,you can let lee Wilson choose me a hat to eat if he does.Murphy was just better than the dross we'd been used too at the time.Bear in mind our problem for 2 seasons previously was scoring and getting someone to cross the ball in the first place. He cant head the ball,jump or get back and defend and spent quite a bit of time in games being anonymous.Our problem is defending,we clearly have players who can and do score.As a unit we just cant keep the ball out of our net especially from corners and free kicks.Neither Murphy or Zavon hines will improve that aspect of our play.Hines has an obvious talent but he got found out quite early on last season and was pretty ineffective for the latter part.So I don't buy into all this "When Murphy and Hines get back" nonsense.They'll score goals no doubt but we banged 6 in against Brentford without them.They are both expensive luxuries(Which in itself I doubt)that cannot afford to have sitting it out in the sick bay.More infuriatingly I said this would happen with Hines but we gave him a contract anyway.

Yeah.......but you won't, will you...
ARNU

leewilson wrote:
ARNU wrote:Murphy aint as good as Cureton,never will be.He'll never play in the premiership either,you can let lee Wilson choose me a hat to eat if he does.Murphy was just better than the dross we'd been used too at the time.Bear in mind our problem for 2 seasons previously was scoring and getting someone to cross the ball in the first place. He cant head the ball,jump or get back and defend and spent quite a bit of time in games being anonymous.Our problem is defending,we clearly have players who can and do score.As a unit we just cant keep the ball out of our net especially from corners and free kicks.Neither Murphy or Zavon hines will improve that aspect of our play.Hines has an obvious talent but he got found out quite early on last season and was pretty ineffective for the latter part.So I don't buy into all this "When Murphy and Hines get back" nonsense.They'll score goals no doubt but we banged 6 in against Brentford without them.They are both expensive luxuries(Which in itself I doubt)that cannot afford to have sitting it out in the sick bay.More infuriatingly I said this would happen with Hines but we gave him a contract anyway.

You know I wont have to.Metaphorically speaking I did actually eat the hat for Maher.
leewilson

ARNU wrote:
leewilson wrote:

You know I wont have to.Metaphorically speaking I did actually eat the hat for Maher.
Ashame it wasn't a metaphorical bet eh.
ARNU

You actually want me to eat a hat don't you.
matt_drfc

ARNU wrote:You actually want me to eat a hat don't you.
Durrrrr
leewilson

ARNU wrote:You actually want me to eat a hat don't you.
Yes