The Released Players Thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Quite a lot have already rolled in this week. Obviously ours hasn't, far more important things for them to be doing. Like, I dunno, watching the snooker or something.

Ebbsfleet : https://www.ebbsfleetunited.co.uk/fleet ... ased-list/

Woking : https://www.wokingfc.co.uk/news/article ... ased-list/

Boreham Wood : https://www.borehamwoodfootballclub.co. ... ined-list/

Aldershot : https://www.theshots.co.uk/2023-24-retained-list/
Lcbdagger

Two things jumped out at me there... the wording on the Woking page makes it sound like they had a squad of 45 players this season... Also its that Jordan Ibe leaving Ebbsfleet who Liverpool once sold for 15 million? Still in his twenties and being released from a National League team?? What on earth happened there.

No major names jump out there unless Tshimanga fancies a loan deal with us to help the attack next year now he has left BW.

I'm sure with our ownership situation we will be one of the last, as usual to give details of comings and goings... really big summer ahead
Mark

Yes, same Ibe. Has barely played in 4 years. He had a long time away from football with depression I believe.
WelshDagger15

I see Woking have put Matt Robinson up for sale.

Will he go to Boreham now?
Diggerthedog

I don’t think Boreham Wood will want to take on Robinsons contract playing in the NLS in front of 300 fans.
Mark

He might find himself in a tricky situation. Contracted to a club we know are paying good money. Apparently doesn't want to leave the south east. Can't see Barnet or Aldershot taking him.

That leaves Southend with the Still connection. As a cheeky suggestion... could he end up at Hornchurch?
NBDag

He 100% will not go to Southend for a hundred different reasons, despite the Still connection. Won’t go to Hornchurch either if it’s true he left us to be closer to home. I’m not sure if he wanted to be near his current house (wherever that is) or Leicester. I guess that’ll determine where he goes next. I would still have him back here though, that’s for certain.
BB-Dagger

Loved Robbo when he was with us and I’m sure that if it hadn’t been for financial restrictions due to the Americans pulling out he would have stayed with us this season, however…. I’m a firm believer that going back to where you were successful doesn’t always work out well, I wish him all the best but let’s move on and get fresh young eager players who want to prove themselves.
Mark

I believe he bought a place in Hertford having previously been in St Albans. It's quicker to get to Hertford from Dagenham than Woking. I don't buy the moving closer to home thing.
len

BB-Dagger wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:54 pm Loved Robbo when he was with us and I’m sure that if it hadn’t been for financial restrictions due to the Americans pulling out he would have stayed with us this season, however…. I’m a firm believer that going back to where you were successful doesn’t always work out well, I wish him all the best but let’s move on and get fresh young eager players who want to prove themselves.
He was one of my favourite players and loved his enthusiasm and determination shown in each match he played for us and was very disappointed when he left. However, I tend to agree with the sentiments above that we need to move on now and younger players would be out best bet for the future of the club.
Diggerthedog

Wouldn’t swap him for Rees, gave his all for us but was part of a group that did nothing.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

AVincelotFlyingLeap