Romford FC

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
HGDagger

In the FA Vase final against either Worcester City or Great Wakering at Wembley. Many Daggers going up there to support them?
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Yep think so ! Is Tamplin still involved there or am i mixing up my non league teams ?
Dagger Steve

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:22 am Yep think so ! Is Tamplin still involved there or am i mixing up my non league teams ?
No he hasn't been involved for years since covid, thankfully for them. He's currently on the run from the law.

Tickets go on sale this Thursday for the final.
Dagdale

Its an all Essex final too- Romford v Great Wakering Rovers in the Vase followed by Solihull Moors-Gateshead in Trophy, ticket prices are decent and also if any footie fan likes a double header at the arch Sunday 5th May (changed as orginally tube strike day before) the National League Step 1 play off Final is at present selling tickets cheaply with possibility prices could hike when two sides are confirmed, my previous experiences on these days its not very easy paying on the day.
Crushed Dreams

AVincelotFlyingLeap

Saw a posse of Daggers waiting for the tube at Baker Street on the way back last night.

Was sat above the Solihull end so saw seven goals and a penalty shootout, all at the opposite to end to where I was sitting lol.

Pleased for Doey and Romford, Trophy final was a good game between two teams I'm still convinced we could give a game, 19000 in situ for a weird atmosphere but a nice time was had.
Dagdale

Yeah I agree spending 7 hours in the underbelly of the National stadium was certainly a strange abode about it but certainly a day that had action. Vase? Firstly well done to Romford they were in total command and Great Wakering Rovers just couldn't break their back line with Doey & Co well solid, from sitting opposite quite amazed on the GWR support with whatever how many is in a pen they had at least one more, although a fairly good turn out for Romford. Trophy? Third week watching Solihull Moors and you have to feel a bit for them as in general they've been well on form but yesterday's first half they seemed to be quite on the back foot but second half took more control of the game especially with CF Beck and rightly deserved to go in the lead but Gateshead did play some really good 'pushing forward' football with finally a deserved equalizer to take it to another extra time/penalty scenario and amazingly a couple of the Moors takers missed for the second week running, shore one was our old shot Ladabie. Moors must have really gone on a downslide after that but what sportmanship seen with Whing and his players embracing Gateshead staff all over the pitch, definetely think these two clubs will be right up there again next season