Cheltenham Away

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mikins

I'd have taken a draw before it and i'll take a draw after it. yeah its galling to concede late on but heres some positives: We got a point, away, at one of the better form clubs in the league - and heres the real biggun.

WE ONLY CONCEDED ONE GOAL.
Sorry about your damn luck!
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:1-1.

Couldn't defend the last 3 minutes it seems.
lection that nearly
More than I expected.At least the boy will come home happy.
Well he must be easily pleased. Think we mustered four shots on goal whole match two of them when the Goalkeeper nearly got caught out by a defelected lob and Porter with whole goal to aim at hits the bloke on the line from the rebound.

We were fortunate to come up against a team who could not finish a dinner.

Well done JC excellent finish for the goal, which just proves you must never stop believing. After the 100 hundred high ball into you this season a Centre half finally makes a Horlicks of it so here is to the next hundred because we are not ever going to bloody well change.

All in all another Day in my life I wont get back.

In summery a dreadful game by two dreadful teams.

Two questions I would like answered :

How can anybody ever come to the conclusion that the Clown is a better Goalkeeper then Cousins., without who we would have been two down in ten minutes.

Is Batt really interested in any of it cos it don't look like it to me.
Mark

Batt looks like he's going through the motions to me. There's no desire in him. I wouldn't want him in a battle that's for sure.
Lcbdagger

Real shame about Batt this far as I was genuinly excited about him signing once I knew Hoyte was going?
PaulHornchurch

In trying not to hide behind my hands in the last five mins, did I hear that their GK was man of the match.

Last year we would have lost that match, do take the point and move on
SUSSEX DAGGER

PaulHornchurch wrote:In trying not to hide behind my hands in the last five mins, did I hear that their GK was man of the match.

Last year we would have lost that match, do take the point and move on
Yes we would have done because they had JC and anybody with only half of his ability would have seen us off today.
ARNU

My son reckons we did well to get the point.Cheltenham hit the bar a couple of times and deserved to win apparently.Hes becoming a bt of an away match regular,hasn't missed one this season.Must be selling drugs to pay for it all LOL! Actually must be taking them to keep following them all over the land.Hartlepool on a Tuesday night.Nutters.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

We were lucky to get the point,did not have to do well Cheltenham saw to that for us.
So poor are they up front who knows if we had been even a tad more posative we may have scored another and at 4 50 left Cheltenham to it. Doubt if they would have scored.
Dagdale

Before the game talking away to fellow daggers we'd nearly all agreed a point today we'd be happy but stressed minimum, but it bites hard to lead until what 3 minutes or so to the end and collapse and not hold on again. This wont go down as the most attractive game of the season by far a bit scrappy to say the leased, and feel they would have won had it gone another five, but we move on and think with a York, Exeter coming up home we can really bag six points and move away from the bottom. Cousins made some very valuable saves, feel Partridge is far better at right back and hoping as Doey will be back any day now can revert to it again, as Batt was lost there at the moment. Nice to see Doidge making an appearance at last, and a good safety net on helping back if the need be using his height. One or two of them missed sitters though and left us frustrated, but a pretty good town Cheltenham to have a good drink. chill out and reflect. Roll on daggers!
redboy

Why do people always say we'd have taken a point before? We can't win at home for toffee, so 3 points have to come from somewhere. Regardless how bad the game is or how we play, another late goal conceded could be crucial. We're gradually slipping down whilst other teams around us are picking up points. We never beat York at home and Exeter have back to back wins. This time next week we could be in the drop zone!
matt_drfc

redboy wrote:Why do people always say we'd have taken a point before? We can't win at home for toffee, so 3 points have to come from somewhere. Regardless how bad the game is or how we play, another late goal conceded could be crucial. We're gradually slipping down whilst other teams around us are picking up points. We never beat York at home and Exeter have back to back wins. This time next week we could be in the drop zone!
Considering we went in to the game on the back of 3 losses, a point is definitely positive, Cheltenham will be up there, and we do need to grind out results when we don't play well.

Just saying, there's 37 games to go, and "we never beat York at home" erm, 2-0, last season, Murphy, Woodall, remember?
SUSSEX DAGGER

Unless they get a Striker Cheltenham will be no better then mid table.
Lcbdagger

matt_drfc wrote:
redboy wrote:Why do people always say we'd have taken a point before? We can't win at home for toffee, so 3 points have to come from somewhere. Regardless how bad the game is or how we play, another late goal conceded could be crucial. We're gradually slipping down whilst other teams around us are picking up points. We never beat York at home and Exeter have back to back wins. This time next week we could be in the drop zone!
Considering we went in to the game on the back of 3 losses, a point is definitely positive, Cheltenham will be up there, and we do need to grind out results when we don't play well.

Just saying, there's 37 games to go, and "we never beat York at home" erm, 2-0, last season, Murphy, Woodall, remember?
Not going to argue about the general thread of this message... but how on earth will they be 'up there'? One of the poorest attacking teams seen we turned out against Morecambe earlier in the season! Mansfield posed as much of a threat and they were at least the Away side against us.

Really shows how poor this league is if these guys are challengers somehow... Northampton have hardly pulled up trees recently after being seen as 'potential champions' by those in the Sieve after our match
leewilson

This league is very up and down, we should all know that by now. We led Burton at their place for most of the match despite the fact they barely dropped a point in their opening 6/7 games before yesterday. It's very much how we play on the day. If we play well, we're capable of beating anyone. At the same time, we're capable of completely ballsing up a game against anyone. I do think we'll be fine over 46 games.
Lcbdagger

leewilson wrote:This league is very up and down, we should all know that by now. We led Burton at their place for most of the match despite the fact they barely dropped a point in their opening 6/7 games before yesterday. It's very much how we play on the day. If we play well, we're capable of beating anyone. At the same time, we're capable of completely ballsing up a game against anyone. I do think we'll be fine over 46 games.
I think that would have been most people's belief at the start of the season... the manager hamstrung himself with the final half an hour of last season that massively inflated our position... if we had finished 15th instead of top ten then this season would be have been largely expected. I for one didn't expect our Home form to suddenly get to 100% after 2013...