Oldham Athletic Home

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
len

We are playing a team tomorrow with a good support base who are just outside the play-offs who would obviously like to get back to playing in the football league.
With Phipps playing up front recently, this gamble has surprisingly been a success. We need to play well again and if so I think could get the three points we need, just to make sure we are not sucked into the relegation fight.
Dagdale

Must win this game as we are only 7 points ahead of 23rd place Dorking and just 6 games to go with 3 sides were meeting in line behind fighting for their National League existance the quicker we achieve the safety net what a relief it will be. Oldham will no doubt be pushing to get back in the play off mix but if our lads show the same driving spirit as last Saturday think were in for a really tough hard fought game and winnable.
BB-Dagger

Every game is winnable if you have the right attitude and approach to the game, recent performances suggest we are capable but it depends on what team turns up on the day, overall I think Ben has done a remarkable job bearing in mind the financial restraints he’s had to deal with, when we do secure staying up the big concern then is how are we going to survive next season! Unless new owners/ investors are willing to step forward.
Kevin

Oldham are no mugs - they'll be well up for this too..

Hopefully we'll give them a decent game & put in a good performance.

C'mon you Daggers :thumbu:
RayleighDagger1986

So, was it a penalty?
Looked like it from where I stood.
Anyone else?
BB-Dagger

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:01 pm So, was it a penalty?
Looked like it from where I stood.
Anyone else?
The word “stonewall” springs to mind
steeevooo

Their keepers words at full time, said with a wry smile: "Well, he did touch me". The officials really were appalling today
len

A good solid performance in a game that could have gone either way at the end. A brilliant display from Appiah-Forson again and another point on the board.
Diggerthedog

Given the players we currently have out injured the main one being Effiong I think we’ve done well of late to stay clear of trouble. With one win over Easter we can safely say we’re all but safe but it’s two games where we can’t afford to lose both or we’re back to looking over our shoulders, given our current form I can’t see us losing both.

If there is anyway we can have Keenan for next season we have to make this happen but given the ownership limbo little chance of that.
NBDag

Agreed, Strevs has worked a small miracle by grinding out results without Inih. I think if we can make it through the Easter Weekend without losing then we are safe. Draws are fine, although disappointing in isolation, but the main thing is we do not have the teams below us beating us.

Would also love to see KAF here next season. But his contract expires at West Ham and I’d expect him to be snapped up by a top League 2 team. Unfortunately we won’t be able to compete for players like that this summer. Thanks again Peter.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

https://youtu.be/cCbNfXAh8o0?si=oZ2z983muw_3z4S8

Looks like a pen there. Gosh darn it. Would have liked to have won but delighted with a clean sheet against a team ten points ahead of us. Wondering where Keenan well end up next season ! A fine player
RayleighDagger1986

NBDag wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:07 pm Agreed, Strevs has worked a small miracle by grinding out results without Inih. I think if we can make it through the Easter Weekend without losing then we are safe. Draws are fine, although disappointing in isolation, but the main thing is we do not have the teams below us beating us.

Would also love to see KAF here next season. But his contract expires at West Ham and I’d expect him to be snapped up by a top League 2 team. Unfortunately we won’t be able to compete for players like that this summer. Thanks again Peter.
He has been one of the few reasons why we have picked up since Xmas and I would love him to stay beyond the summer. But with the quality he has shown, he'll go elsewhere.

I see some of our ex players Sagaf, Robinson and Balanta struggling with Boreham Wood (who sit in a relegation spot).
Dagdale

Thought that Pereira's really shining for us too, he was causing Oldham all sorts of problems on the attcak, know these guys are loanees but somehow if we could extend their stay with us best part of next season would really be worth a renew S/T, great attacking game with good crowd atmosphere but who else dropped a heartbeat or two last seconds of the game? how the hell they never scored beats me, think being that end it was a combination of Eastman first then Justham just poking it away, Fondrop won't be forgetting that too soon.