Other non league sides ?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Afternoon all

Wondering if anyone on here ever / occasionally / regularly goes to see other non league teams? With my dad we recently went to Redbridge FC who are step four, they get about 80 odd through the door. This led to a bit of a google deep dive where we started to understand the pyramid a bit more and get a sense of the Essex non-league team. Anyone got similar tales to tell ?
ThatRoundThing

I live in the Thurrock area and still occasionally go to Tilbury FC. as I have some friends who are regulars.
I used to also go to East Thurrock and Thurrock FC both now gone. I also used to go to Grays Athletic when the ground was in the centre of town before flats were built on the ground. Also a few visits to the old Aveley dilapidated ground. Not so keen on the present Aveley match day experience , prices a bit steep imo.
Mark

I always used to go to Billericay when Dagenham were away at the other end of the country, once I'd stopped doing those treks every week. Always seemed to have some ex dagger or other.
GNB

Don't do away games so this season season have been to :
Fc Clacton
Holland FC
Frenford
Woodford
Walthamstow
Buckhurst Hill
Sporting Bengal
Clapton Community
Hornchurch
Redbridge
West Ham u-18 & u-21
West Ham
AVincelotFlyingLeap

ThatRoundThing wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:54 pm I live in the Thurrock area and still occasionally go to Tilbury FC. as I have some friends who are regulars.
I used to also go to East Thurrock and Thurrock FC both now gone. I also used to go to Grays Athletic when the ground was in the centre of town before flats were built on the ground. Also a few visits to the old Aveley dilapidated ground. Not so keen on the present Aveley match day experience , prices a bit steep imo.
Yeah east Thurrock are in redbridge’s league, what happened to them this year ?
AVincelotFlyingLeap

GNB wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:53 pm Don't do away games so this season season have been to :
Fc Clacton
Holland FC
Frenford
Woodford
Walthamstow
Buckhurst Hill
Sporting Bengal
Clapton Community
Hornchurch
Redbridge
West Ham u-18 & u-21
West Ham
Frenford and Woodford worth the trip ? Am currently back at my parents in Wanstead for a while so they’re two of the nearer ones
GNB

Frenford 3G pitch, 2 small stands on one side.
Woodford, play at Ashton's Playing Field, a distance from the pitch due to track plus long jump, making it further away.
Buckhurst Hill is 1 stop past Woodford on the Central Line.
ThatRoundThing

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:06 pm
ThatRoundThing wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:54 pm I live in the Thurrock area and still occasionally go to Tilbury FC. as I have some friends who are regulars.
Yeah east Thurrock are in redbridge’s league, what happened to them this year ?

East Thurrock United was bought by gypsy billionaire Park Homes owner Alfie Bibby. He landed his private helicopter on the centre circle and locals initially believed the saviour had arrived.
Later a few improvements around the ground but many of us knew the long term agenda was to build another Wyldecrest Park Homes estate on the site. The playing side of the club was losing money and he allowed the club to fold.
Meanwhile he bought the former Pegasus Club (Mobil Oil) and has spent money on making it the Wyldcrest Sports Country Club members club. The land also has been renovated along with its fishing lake and some football pitches that are hired out. Apparently East Thurrock junior sides also use the pitches. Plans have started for a phoenix men’s team for East Thurrock who have appointed staff and are/will be holding Player Trials. What League they will apply to be in I don’t know yet.
Check East Thurrock Community Club on Facebook for latest updates and videos.