My bottom teams

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
The Romford Dagger

I imagine, from what I've seen and squads, that most of if not all of them will finish below us:
Mansfield
Morecambe
Hartlepool
Exeter
Accrington
Wycombe

* In no particular order
The Romford Dagger

Should say these and not them. My mistake
leewilson

The Romford Dagger wrote:I imagine, from what I've seen and squads, that most of if not all of them will finish below us:
Mansfield
Morecambe
Hartlepool
Exeter
Accrington
Wycombe

* In no particular order
I'm guessing that you're taking the piss. If you're not, then well......

Wycombe have made an excellent start to the season. Mansfield play the sort of football that catches teams out not on their game and they'll be difficult to beat at home. Morecambe have a solid side with some good strikers and will do alright. Hartlepool and Accrington I agree with. Exeter I think will improve as the season progresses, albeit slowly.

I do think we will be fine before anyone jumps to conclusions. I don't think we can get much worse defensively and we do definitely have goals in us. I think we'll win enough games this season, especially with others to come back (assuming they ever get fit mind, 1 month = 1 year in Daggers medical estimates)
bloke down the pub

The Romford Dagger wrote:I imagine, from what I've seen and squads, that most of if not all of them will finish below us:
Mansfield
Morecambe
Hartlepool
Exeter
Accrington
Wycombe

* In no particular order
Put your money on it then .The bookies will love you
ThatRoundThing

Sorry to say but I saw all this coming even during preseason. Shambles and chaos set in that early.
The better League Two teams were easily winning their friendlies against much lower opposition- we were not.
Our defence was all over the place, Connors may have played for his country against Germany but he played at midfield. Doe and Howell I feel have been mediocre and we should have tried better to keep Hoyte, we need at least one attacking fullback.
I took good odds on the double of Blackpool and Daggers to be relegated before the season started.
matt_drfc

I don't expect us to beat teams like Northampton, Portsmouth, Burton... So I'm not too upset right now. When we have Doe, Bingham, Hines, Murphy available and we're still losing then you're all right to be worried..
NickMurphy

I have a feeling Hartlepool will be down there, I also look at Mansfield each week and think no-way will they win against whoever they're playing.
SUSSEX DAGGER

matt_drfc wrote:I don't expect us to beat teams like Northampton, Portsmouth, Burton... So I'm not too upset right now. When we have Doe, Bingham, Hines, Murphy available and we're still losing then you're all right to be worried..
Take away the first half against Northampton and we are not a million miles away from any of them. Yes bad result tonight but we are a width of a cross bar , one very bad miss from our Player of the season thus far and an act of gross stupidity from getting a result tonight. As I have eluded elsewhere there is no way we derserve to lose three nil tonight and I came away thinking our luck has to turn soon and when it does somebody is in line for one hell of a beating.
ThatRoundThing

Roll on the ESSEX Senior Cup, surely we will get a 1st Round win... :lol:
Dagger83

ThatRoundThing wrote:Roll on the ESSEX Senior Cup, surely we will get a 1st Round win... :lol:
I doubt it. We don't enter until later rounds...
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
ThatRoundThing

I obviously meant the "first" round for us.. :lol:
Auntie Merge

I really think this season it will be Accrington for the drop. They allegedly keep using HMRC like a bank loan and are only paying on winding up orders. James Beattie had put some money in and has now left. They are likely to go unless they get someone else to put money in. Their demise could come about by being unable to fund a relegation fight or unable to fund an HMRC claim, whichever comes first.
Lcbdagger

Auntie Merge wrote:I really think this season it will be Accrington for the drop. They allegedly keep using HMRC like a bank loan and are only paying on winding up orders. James Beattie had put some money in and has now left. They are likely to go unless they get someone else to put money in. Their demise could come about by being unable to fund a relegation fight or unable to fund an HMRC claim, whichever comes first.
I thought Exeter would do similar last season but held on... interesting to see where this goes as any potential points deduction could bury them in terms of future investment
Adrian

It's all very well sitting and saying 'this team will be worse than us', but there are probably supporters of other teams sitting around saying the same about us.
The Romford Dagger

leewilson wrote:
Mansfield
Morecambe
Hartlepool
Exeter
Accrington
Wycombe

* In no particular order
I'm guessing that you're taking the piss. If you're not, then well......

Wycombe have made an excellent start to the season. Mansfield play the sort of football that catches teams out not on their game and they'll be difficult to beat at home. Morecambe have a solid side with some good strikers and will do alright. Hartlepool and Accrington I agree with. Exeter I think will improve as the season progresses, albeit slowly.

I do think we will be fine before anyone jumps to conclusions. I don't think we can get much worse defensively and we do definitely have goals in us. I think we'll win enough games this season, especially with others to come back (assuming they ever get fit mind, 1 month = 1 year in Daggers medical estimates)
I'm not taking the piss I'm being serious. I know wycombe and morecambe have had excellent starts but I think they will struggle as the season progresses. Squads don't seem that good overall. Just my opinion.