York city.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
grumpy old git

Commentary on BBC radio York tomorrow.
NBDag

Effiong out and seemingly no replacement through the doors. This is a must win game and I can’t see any way we do it with a team that can’t score. Very worrying.
len

NBDag wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:26 pm Effiong out and seemingly no replacement through the doors. This is a must win game and I can’t see any way we do it with a team that can’t score. Very worrying.
We scored seven last week!
RayleighDagger1986

Sears leading the line at York
Lcbdagger

No arguments today... didn't fancy us scoring enough to win
RM1Dagger

It wasn't a must win game, more of a let's try and not lose game, so job done.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Kevin

Decent point, several thousand miles up north away from home - will take that..

COYD
len

A point away from home after last week's win has got to be good. A tough game coming up on Tuesday, so anything from that one would be a bonus.
NBDag

len wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:39 pm
NBDag wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:26 pm Effiong out and seemingly no replacement through the doors. This is a must win game and I can’t see any way we do it with a team that can’t score. Very worrying.
We scored seven last week!
I know, 2 of which were scored by Effiong and two assisted by Effiong. The other three were the product of brilliance that wouldn’t have resulted in goals on any other day. It was a bloody good result but nothing close to what will happen again, especially without Effiong.

I do not want this to happen, but I am very certain that we will not win another game without Effiong unless we can find a new striker to come in. In fact it has been 14 games since we last won a match where Effiong didn’t score.

Case and point yesterday. Our goal came from a set piece which is our only consistent threat without Inih alongside Ling’s throw-ins. And our only other striker (if you can call him that) got his trademark missed sitter yesterday when it could have been 2-0 and in all likelihood a very important win sealed.
ARNU

Effiong now he's firing on all cylinders is a great miss. We do need another striker, Sears is just awful, doesn't look like he gives a shit no wonder he's booed every time he comes on. Rees got a hat trick last week, can't he play up top?

A point away is good anywhere we go, I'd have took it before kick off.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

Important game not to lose and we didn’t, results are all that matter now. Looking at our next 5 with a bit of dread without Effiong but if we can get a win somewhere in that run and a draw we will be on 45 going into the last 7-8 games. Long month ahead.
DaggerJoel11

A few things about yesterday.

Obviously it was abundantly clear how much we missed Effiong. We haven't won a game without him since Kidderminster on the 18th November and that may well continue for a while.

It wasn't necessarily his goals, although he would have certainly buried the chance Sears put wide, but more his presence as an outlet to get us up the pitch when we're coming under pressure. Without him, the ball just kept coming back and so we spent large periods on the back foot.

However, we are definitely harder to beat. There was plenty of York territory but we didn't overly look like we were going to crumble. We remain a real threat from set pieces, especially corners, which brought the goal and Rees hitting the bar.

Tuesday will probably be too tough an ask in all honesty, however even though this was definitely our poorest performance since the turn of the year, there are still positives to take into it.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
BB-Dagger

Just watched the highlights of the York game, and I’m absolutely flabbergasted at the open goal missed by sears, oh my god what did we do to deserve him? I m just keeping my fingers crossed that he’s unavailable for Tuesdays game. If Bens interested I’ve still got a pair of boots
len

BB-Dagger wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:39 pm Just watched the highlights of the York game, and I’m absolutely flabbergasted at the open goal missed by sears, oh my god what did we do to deserve him? I m just keeping my fingers crossed that he’s unavailable for Tuesdays game. If Bens interested I’ve still got a pair of boots
I would give Ibie a go up front as he would give us a lot more than Sears at the moment.
DaggerJoel11

len wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:33 am
BB-Dagger wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:39 pm Just watched the highlights of the York game, and I’m absolutely flabbergasted at the open goal missed by sears, oh my god what did we do to deserve him? I m just keeping my fingers crossed that he’s unavailable for Tuesdays game. If Bens interested I’ve still got a pair of boots
I would give Ibie a go up front as he would give us a lot more than Sears at the moment.
Or even how we ended Saturday with Kedwell and Pereira either side of Hill up top. Ibie looked good in pre-season but has lost his way completely, never wins a header despite his enormous frame and just runs down blind alleys, Bromley wouldn't give him a kick.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''