Southend Away KO Time

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
NBDag

Can’t turn our noses up at a point on the road. Was a cracking first half performance. Just imagine what we would be doing if Inih was fit and we had a proper back up striker. Should have done better when they scored but then the second half became a game of us just not trying to lose because of the injuries. Hopefully Easty and Johnson are ok.

Seeing a lot of comments on the Southend forum that the referee was good yesterday which is baffling. Typical non-league ref where he bottled the blatant red card for Miley, it was a terrible tackle and it’s a shame the ****** can’t get a retrospective ban for it. Not that he’s any good it would do them a favour not having him in their midfield. Also the linesman on the away end half of the pitch was terrible. A lot of wrong offside calls and nothing fouls given against us. It bores me.

Strevs must be on a touchline ban after that booking too. He’s collected quite a few now
RampantDuke

That’s a very fair assessment. A proper game of 2 halves but unsurprising seeing as we lost two key players before HT. I suspect that Southend took a pasting from their manager at the break. I do worry about our mentality after HT though. We often concede in the first 15 mins of the 2nd half and sometimes definitive goals ie. Kidderminster / Halifax. Can’t fault the effort yesterday. Heroic in the end.

shrimperama wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:50 am Morning.

I'll be as fair as I can be.

That first half from us was criminal. We played like a team that met about 5 minutes before the match.

We should have been 3 or 4 down at half time. For me it was definite red card that we got away with. You passed the ball quicky and carved us open time and time again.

Second half was like a different side.

Probably could have won the game but would have been massively undeserved.

Good following from your team.

Both teams will be playing again next season. Both too good to go down and neither good enough to challenge.

I'm sure our new owners will want a league return and we will add some real quality to the side over the summer.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!