pompey

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

NickMurphy wrote:Unacceptable defensive record.

Conceded three already five times this season.

Not arguing that we played well yesterday as there are a few decent comments on the game... hard though to look past this... you let in three goals a game you go down!

Red card or not, if we are playing well and losing by three then god help us when he have a shocker for 90 minutes against a Pompey or similar
Richie

Another who agrees with those who were at the match, thought we looked good. Sending off changed the match. And how someone has written off Cousins is bzarre, no chance with the goals and made a superb save to stop a Saah OG at 0-0
ARNU

"We lost 3-0 but we all our throw ons were great"
"We lost 3-0 but cousins made a great stop from Saah or it would've been 4-0"
"I know we lost but we were winning in the 1st half "
"We'd have won if we had Murphy and Hines"
"Yeah we lost 3-0 but we played the ball around well"
"We'd have got one back had Cureton not hit the bar"

All phrases which display a sort of denial as far as Im concerned.

We are too heavy on attackers and light on decent defenders.We attack quite well as a unit but defend very poorly as a unit.That is why we are a pushover to so many of the teams we have played so far.It dosent matter how you play its what the result is at the end of the day.
How do you think Cheltenham will set out Saturday ?

They know we've got midgets up front that we hoof to and we've got a shite defence.Im gonna suggest they attack us heavily from the outset down their right hand side if we put Connors back in and they'll have four 6ft lumps at the back.They will watch dvd's of all our games and quickly identify we cant defend corners or free kicks.If they don't beat us with that knowledge then they are c***s.We will lose that one as well Im afraid,and Im looking forward to seeing Femi again the following week v York but they'll at least get a draw as they can defend a position.How many draws have they had this season ??
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

Your right Arnie, you cant play well in my eyes and lose three nil. The game is about defence as well and this seems to escape our methods of playing.
matt_drfc

By all accounts we did play well and didn't deserve to lose 3-0. It's clear that the red card changed the game and even Andy Awford said "it's never a red card, if that's a booking (the second booking) then we're going to have no players."

People who were there, how did the defence look compared to previous 2 Saturdays?
Adrian

It doesn't matter if we "played well" we still conceded 3 goals and lost. The basic principle of football is to score more than your opponents. If you fail to do that then you haven't really played well.

As for the second booking - it's a pointless challenge and a really stupid one to make when you've already been booked.
mickeyblue

matt_drfc wrote:By all accounts we did play well and didn't deserve to lose 3-0. It's clear that the red card changed the game and even Andy Awford said "it's never a red card, if that's a booking (the second booking) then we're going to have no players."

People who were there, how did the defence look compared to previous 2 Saturdays?
thought the defence looked ok

partridge did well i thought as cb, still not sure on either fb tbh.

howell is not playing well for me but we have nobody else.

now boucard out i think its time 4 another striker to share some workload but prob wont happen as chambers be put behind cureton.

porter was awesome 1st half, second half average. chambers hit bar, cureton missed a sitter by his standards.

scoreline flatters em.
only grumble i have is why we didnt bring some fresh legs on as soon as red card came out and ladabie looks pants.
but we finished 9th!
NickMurphy

Vague amusement at still not being able to deal with corners as well. Didn't let them score from one directly this time, instead we let them have the penalty.

Was it a solid penalty for those that were there? Camera angle on the highlights doesn't really help judgement.
Richie

NickMurphy wrote:Vague amusement at still not being able to deal with corners as well. Didn't let them score from one directly this time, instead we let them have the penalty.

Was it a solid penalty for those that were there? Camera angle on the highlights doesn't really help judgement.
We were at the other end Nick so hard to say.
matt_drfc

Adrian wrote:It doesn't matter if we "played well" we still conceded 3 goals and lost. The basic principle of football is to score more than your opponents. If you fail to do that then you haven't really played well.

As for the second booking - it's a pointless challenge and a really stupid one to make when you've already been booked.
I do apologise for trying to be slightly optimistic Sir Adrian.
Adrian

What a strange way to respond to what was a general comment on the general idea of a team playing well and losing 3-0.

But not something I've not come to expect from you given some of your responses to me in the past.
Still, it's nice to know I can rattle your cage without even trying to.
matt_drfc

Adrian wrote:What a strange way to respond to what was a general comment on the general idea of a team playing well and losing 3-0.

But not something I've not come to expect from you given some of your responses to me in the past.
Still, it's nice to know I can rattle your cage without even trying to.
Proper rattled my cage :lol:
Dagdale

After they scored the first, which fair play to the guy rammed it in well whilst under pressure around him, just blew our grip of the game, before then our boys especially on killing off Pompey attacks played some really great long balls out to the likes of Porter who first half on that right wing was superb, how a goal never came out of his immense crosses baffled us, but the writing was on the wall when Boucard got which looked a really harsh decision on the first yellow, so all around us when lads came out second half amazed in hindsight perhaps Wayne should have had him sitting out second half and change tactics a bit, the way the game was going you knew there would be more cards. We also had a great cross cleared off the line with goalie well beaten to the right of it, how that could have changed the game, I wonder? First time ever I've come away from a game feeling that if I had the chance again to see Daggers playing the first 40 like a whole 90 this season and building on it we'd have real hope to the future in achieving goods things with Dagenham & Redbridge FC.
Richie

Porter was a long way from immense. He put a good shift in but not much quality on show
SUSSEX DAGGER

Richie wrote:Porter was a long way from immense. He put a good shift in but not much quality on show
I agree Porter had a good first half but the final ball was the problem. The one time that he did get it right JC scuffed the shot.

Hats off the the boss he knew that the RB was a weak link and that is probably why he went with Porter over Hemmings he got the run on him on at least 5 occasions first half.

It was not JC night the header off the line fell to the one player on the pitch you would want to and he put it over that to me was the game changing moment, we were we'll on top against a team that had lost its last three we can only imagine what that would have done to their mindset if he had put it away.

As for JC looked to me that he could do with a rest he never really got into the game at any stage,then again a bit of assistance may have seen him in better light.

Got to say that they have an impressive tool in Whatmor 18 and he looks way ahead of his years. This kid is going places.

Was not expecting much last night and got more then I expected.

Even their Manager has gone on record as saying they got the decisions. No way did he think it was A booking and even the penalty he has not seen given.

The third goal started from a great tackle on the edge of their box and a bad bounce lead to them breaking out. 11 against 11 and that don't happen IMO.

Ok it's another defeat but if you can't take the positives you might as we'll relegate us now.

Onwards and upwards.