pompey

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
matt_drfc

Diggerthedog wrote:3 more goals shipped so far, Wayne is responsible for this shambles of a defensive unit and it needs to be addressed.
2*
Diggerthedog

Only 2-0 :roll:
Diggerthedog

matt_drfc wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:3 more goals shipped so far, Wayne is responsible for this shambles of a defensive unit and it needs to be addressed.
2*
The commentary told be only two after 5 mins lol
Lcbdagger

Hang on... it's only 2-0 unless you know something we don't? I know the defending isn't great but come on
matt_drfc

It's 3 now
Diggerthedog

Lcbdagger wrote:
Hang on... it's only 2-0 unless you know something we don't? I know the defending isn't great but come on

Now three lol
NickMurphy

Unacceptable defensive record.

Conceded three already five times this season.
redboy

I didn't expect anything less tonight, although looking at the stats, it seemed that we matched them until the red card. Regardless, Wayne just isn't up to this level of football. He hasn't a Scooby what his best team is and defensively we are a shambles. Cureton must be our highest earner, so work around him, have someone to play along side him. Labadie is on a few quid too and has hardly featured so what's going on there. I can see this year being the same as last year, maybe even worse actually if our home form doesn't pick up. I know the board will never sack WB, so my hope is that we survive this season and get someone with some nouse in.
ThatRoundThing

Easy money at the moment for punters betting on daggers losing, probably lose on Saturday as well.
ARNU

He has a long way to go to beat Stills 1 point in 54 (summink like that anyway) record.That was hard going and they still didn't sack him.I fear another walloping Saturday too.You'd think we could get a draw at least.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

Biggest mistake was not getting in a decent keeper, these two are not upto it. We have a big squad which is far to offensive and we are paying the price. Too many inexperienced defenders, look at all the teams we play at least one big old school defender. Lose Saturday and start losing at home to York and I have no doubt the crowd will turn if any bother turning up.
TommyD&R

Said we should've grabbed Jake Cole from the start, think he ended up at Woking or somewhere like that, he's a lot better than conference level
SUSSEX DAGGER

There is no way in this World we deserve to lose by three tonight,Until the sending off we were by far the better team.

The sending off changed everything but we did not buckle and still gave it a right good go. The pivitol moment to me was when Batt got free down the right sent over a cross that somebody got a head to, the ball looped over the keeper and was dropping in until the impressive Wotmore somehow headed out from under his own bar, the ball drops to JC in space and for once his finish was dreadfull lashing it over the bar . That goes in and we are looking at a different outcome.

Really pleased with what I saw tonight and not at all disheartened.
Dagdale

I know the score don't warrant it, but desperately unlucky not to get something out of this game last night. Some of our play especially just before the half time first goal was pretty awesome, gosh our lucks gotta change soon! Believe it or not, first 40 minutes our defence was the best I've seen it all season, but we finally succumbed to dreaded gaps in our play and we paid the price. Sending off we were further fighting a huge overturn and Goals make points of course, but our biggest problem is please Wayne get some height up front, every team we play against has this huge advantage over us. Just couldn't stop thinking what would Doidge have done there. Well done to the fantastic turn out too, and great singing.
nomis

Totally agree with the above comments from Sussex Dagger and Dagdale
I was at the game and that was hard to take
Up until they scored a wonder goal to go 1-0 up we were by far the best team
Start the second half strong and go down to 10 men and then fighting an uphill battle

The back four was solid and easily by a country mile the most solid it's looked all season
Wouldn't change it after that showing as Patridge looked good at center back and the two full backs Batt and Green looked good on the ball

Having said all that we need to stop playing this 1 up front as it just ain't helping the cause
I'd like to see either 4-4-2 or 4-3-3

For all our good play we need to be creating more shots at goal

That for me last night was a positive performance ........
Just a hard result to take