pompey

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Agree with most of this, looked like a pen for me but too far away to make a judgement. Definitely a red, his tackle was arguably worthy of a straight red, reminded me of the ones Adebayor plants on people in north London derbies.

EDIT: just seen the replay and a red would have been harsh. Probably a yellow though.

I thought we played ok ish, not much going forward and we did lose 3-0 but on reflection we were alright. The third goal just killed me though. All I ask for one good corner, every once in a while. I knew they would score as soon as he completely mishit it. Took out my frustrations on an advert and my seat, Hemmigs come on, you're better than that
Last edited by AVincelotFlyingLeap on Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dagdale

Very true, Jack Whatmough the No.3 for them was undoubtedly the M.O.M ,with him off the field couldn't we have taking the game so much further. Am I the only one for those old enough amongst us that he reminds me a lot of sweeper Colin Hendry especially playing in a blue shirt. Pompey forums commented well on our singing but took the edge off it by slating our 6 fans!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Is the second yellow card a foul,after looking at the highlights he appear to go to ground to be first to the ball and looks to me he dont even know the player is there as the opponent comes in from what looks like behind . It is unfortunate he appears to get nothing on the ball but still looks to me the opponent has gone in to him. Sorry after looking at it time and time again it looks very harsh to me.
Mark

You'll never get anything out of the ref at a place like that. The penalty and the booking, you've seen them given. That's fine as long as it's equal for both sides, but it wasn't. Our players get booked for things they get away with, they get a penalty when we don't for similar.
Lcbdagger

Mark wrote:You'll never get anything out of the ref at a place like that. The penalty and the booking, you've seen them given. That's fine as long as it's equal for both sides, but it wasn't. Our players get booked for things they get away with, they get a penalty when we don't for similar.
Spot on... always gets the blood going when we feel we don't get the same decisions... sadly it's a 'big team' issue even in the lower leagues... can't possibly call the decisions harsh as we would have been screaming for both the penalty and 2nd booking if they went against us
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Is the second yellow card a foul,after looking at the highlights he appear to go to ground to be first to the ball and looks to me he dont even know the player is there as the opponent comes in from what looks like behind . It is unfortunate he appears to get nothing on the ball but still looks to me the opponent has gone in to him. Sorry after looking at it time and time again it looks very harsh to me.
Why would he go to ground to get to the ball first if he doesn't know their player is there?
Besides, not knowing a player is there doesn't mean it isn't a foul. It was definitely a foul, it was definitely careless, and bordering on reckless.

If it was the other way round we'd be howling for their player to be for going off.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well perhaps their Manager,ours and a few other of us forgot that Football has gone like the rest of Society soft.
Adrian

What's "going soft" got to do with it?
You're questioning if it is a foul. Of course it is. It's a foul by any player anywhere on the pitch and under pretty much every version of the laws of the game there have ever been. There has never been anything that stops a foul being a foul because the offender didn't know the player they fouled was there.

Is it a booking? I'd say it is. It's probably border line, but one that is more likely to go against you than for you when the player has already been booked.
matt_drfc

Just see the first booking on Daggers Player, was for pulling back Agyemang, bit soft but fair enough, 17:40 if anyone wants to see it.