Chesterfield Home

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
len

We go into our game tomorrow against the runaway leaders rank outsiders to get anything from this match. I do however, think we have nothing to lose but hope we don't give them too much respect and sit back hoping for something to happen. I know our confidence has been very low at home this season but need to just concentrate on our own game without worrying about the opposition. I'm hoping we could surprise a lot of people and get something from this game.
BB-Dagger

I think a lot of the bad form at our home games is down to the lack of atmosphere in the sieve, it’s gone downhill over the last few seasons mainly due to poor performances but frustrating as it is sometimes we need to get right behind the team and spur them onto better performances, too much negativity at times. As for the chesterfield game I think there is every chance of taking something from the game, after a few good results our confidence must be growing. COYD
Diggerthedog

Free hit this, get anything and it’s a massive plus going into Saturdays must win game. There has hardly been anyone in the sieve the last few games, 2-300 at most and all of the singers have now located to the big stand behind the goal.
Lcbdagger

I would feel more confident in our chances here were the game to be Away from Home rather than in Dagenham... We have a few goals in us now, especially if Inih finds the right boots, but Chesterfield are scoring for fun.
RayleighDagger1986

The middle of the sieve seems more deserted this season following the installation of the new gantries for TV cameras, resulting in larger metal posts to support it affecting viewing. Another Thommo blunder I guess
BB-Dagger

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:14 pm The middle of the sieve seems more deserted this season following the installation of the new gantries for TV cameras, resulting in larger metal posts to support it affecting viewing. Another Thommo blunder I guess
To be fair I think this was a requirement for the weft spam girls football league requirements, unfortunately the retard put in charge of the design was as bright as a 2watt lightbulb and had most probably never even visited the ground before using his/her crayon to design the pillars.
Dagdale

19 points ahead, cruising without a rival insight, Grigg and Mandeville on fire, 200 Spireites down in midweek roaring them on reckon with our sort of home form were in for a right tanning, just a possibility though with our boys having a tad confidence on our last two away results and we go with 'what have we got to lose attitude' we hopefully may pen at least a draw. Those young daggers moving up the old TBS stand do a great job on the vocals, proud of every one of them, if only we could get a few more as swear it helps the team big time.
Lcbdagger

For me the comeback in the weekend game is the bigger one for me... If we battle hard (Notts County last season, Wrexham the year before) and get overpowered late by a free scoring top of the table team I can take that if we pull it out on Saturday.

My worry is if they go mad and get 4 or 5 (perfectly possible on this season's form) and we let that bleed in to the weekend and start poorly against Oxford.
DaggerJoel11

Only requirement tonight is to battle hard and make Chesterfield have to reach their optimum standards rather than rolling over for them. A really productive week on our travels has elevated us to our highest position since September and, with tonight being a rearranged game in hand so to speak, we can still kick on regardless against strugglers Oxford City then York. Anything here is a bonus.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Danamite

Free hit this one as nobody expects us to get anything from this game. I personally would bench a couple of the more needed players tonight for a little rest so they don't get injured for Saturdays must win game.
ARNU

This is Dagenham, we should field our best team and give it too 'em, we're only expecting a good effort tonight so anything else will be more than acceptable. I'd imagine Oxford to be quite a dangerous prospect Saturday, bit like Kidderminster. That game is by no means in the bag.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Auntie Merge

I hope we put out our strongest team.
I was really looking forward to tonight’s game but my cat has just come back from the vets and is distressed, so can’t really leave him.

Hope we win 6-0 in my absence.
BB-Dagger

Bloody good effort tonight, made them look like a normal team and not league leaders, most of us expected a tonking tonight but if it wasn’t for some absolute rubbish decisions by the referee I reckon we would’ve got a draw out of that!
And Kedwell was a deserving man of the match, didn’t stop running and chasing all night. COYD
ARNU

Thought we put in a decent shift tonight, we were unlucky. Clearly chesterfield are a class act and I think we gave them a game.
Their 2nd goal looked a bit like an Elliot Johnson own goal to me.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Kevin

Really top effort from the boys tonight against the continually diving shitbags of Chesterfield.

They look like what they are - a team that has had 2-3 years continual increased investment, additional cash inflows from good FA Cup runs & very healthy home crowds.

For us not to be on the receiving end of a spanking & actually give them a really close game hopefully bodes well for the remainder of the season.

COYD.