Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
NBDag

We are six points clear with 5 games left. That is not safe. If we lose of Friday that gap is guaranteed to be less than 6 points, too. Someone pointed out in this thread that at the end of January we were four points clear. So in 2 months of solid results we have only built a 2 point gap and that’s because the teams below us are picking up points too. If we start losing we will also need to rely on the other teams below us all dropping in form too. So no we are not safe until it’s mathematically impossible for us to go down.

It baffles me that people on here are being complacent with a six point gap when we are still playing without a striker. We’re playing a risky game that yes is working so far, but it can easily fall apart if we’re not careful.
len

Agree NBDag, we cannot be complacent until we we get enough points and cannot be mathematically caught. Our next three games are against teams that are all below us in the league, so is is imperative that we get as many points in order to ensure they remain below us. It's not over till it's over, then hopefully we can relax.
Kevin

I certainly won't be thinking we're safe until we (hopefully) actually are!

COYD
Diggerthedog

One more win should do us really, bottom 3 I can’t see catching us now so it comes down to the last place and their are a few sides in terrible form and Boreham Wood are one of them, a side full of players who went for a salary increase instead of staying with us what a funny old game.
McLeansvilleAppFan

One match left and in theory we are not clear for next year from a purely points perspective.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Lcbdagger

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:25 pm One match left and in theory we are not clear for next year from a purely points perspective.
I believe Boreham and Ebbsfleet play each other last game, and they can't both get enough points to go ahead of us so we are mathematically safe now.

Happy to be corrected.
Mick Dagger

You are very much correct Lcbdagger we are safe :thumbu:
Jackalope

Actually it is still mathematically possible for us to go down, if we lose 22-0 to Aldershot and all of the following occur:

Ebbsfleet beat Halifax
BW beat Rochdale & Ebbsfleet
Woking beat Fylde
York beat Solihull
Wealdstone get at least 2 points v Oldham & Eastleigh
BB-Dagger

Pleased we’re almost certainly safe but on a side note I’m pretty pissed off at the way chesterfield are finishing the season, losing some recent games against crap opposition is almost smelling of corruption! Let’s face it, Wealdstone!!! Where is the respect
RM1Dagger

BB-Dagger wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:29 am Pleased we’re almost certainly safe but on a side note I’m pretty pissed off at the way chesterfield are finishing the season, losing some recent games against crap opposition is almost smelling of corruption! Let’s face it, Wealdstone!!! Where is the respect
Been thinking the same. The term 'on the beach' has never been more apt I think. If it's not actual corruption it is by default really. We are safe but I'd be fuming with Chesterfield if we weren't.
Now the SE27 Dagger
McLeansvilleAppFan

Lcbdagger wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:09 pm
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:25 pm One match left and in theory we are not clear for next year from a purely points perspective.
I believe Boreham and Ebbsfleet play each other last game, and they can't both get enough points to go ahead of us so we are mathematically safe now.

Happy to be corrected.
You are correct. I did the math for a few clubs and had it worked out to show we were safe and then I played with the granddaughter and went back and looked at it again and convinced myself Boreham and Ebbsfleet were each getting 3 points., which is clearly not possible.

Glad to be proven wrong in this regard.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Lcbdagger

Jackalope wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:50 pm Actually it is still mathematically possible for us to go down, if we lose 22-0 to Aldershot and all of the following occur:

Ebbsfleet beat Halifax
BW beat Rochdale & Ebbsfleet
Woking beat Fylde
York beat Solihull
Wealdstone get at least 2 points v Oldham & Eastleigh
Even with our ropey Home form this season I reckon we can keep this one below 15 :innocent:
Ally Fraser

BB-Dagger wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:29 am Pleased we’re almost certainly safe but on a side note I’m pretty pissed off at the way chesterfield are finishing the season, losing some recent games against crap opposition is almost smelling of corruption! Let’s face it, Wealdstone!!! Where is the respect
Didn’t our players turn up hungover, tired and get beat by Cambridge United?
IanC

And northwich victoria
Auntie Merge

Ally Fraser wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:43 pm
Didn’t our players turn up hungover, tired and get beat by Cambridge United?
We lost 4-0, if I remember correctly, and our fans did the conga
https://youtu.be/B4VfuQ93g8M?si=2ABZen9uD0w5a05I