Logo

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Kevin

From a personal point of view, I could not give two shades of shite.

The old one looked "alright".

The new one looks "alright".

I'd tentatively suggest that us maybe winning the occasional game or two might push this groundbreaking news back under the radar..
matt_drfc

They want badges to be modernised so they just make it as simple as possible, like Arsenal's when they changed. I'm not a fan of this new badge, although over time I will probably just take no real notice
matt_drfc

Mikins wrote:Its some horrible mutant hybrid of the hammers logo (crossed daggers, predictable) crossed with the blades logo (word placement and numbering) designed on ms paint. I hate it.
This is it exactly, this, Sheff United and Walsall all used the same template
IanC

Gotta say i love it,and congratulations to Ben as well.It does exactly what was wanted,its modern,simple,bright and fresh.Been a dagger for many years and have no problem with change has many others have done,and lets be honest our current badge is a tad old hat and dull,boring etc.And the bit at the bottom which says dagenham and redbridge fc you can hardly see it.Like the fact that the name is more bold,daggers yeah obvious,and i like the 1992 touch also,cant wait for me mugs and new badges.Anyone think of something else to moan about!
NickMurphy

Just don't think it incorporates any of the history of the club and is far too much like a standard modern badge that we've all seen before. Thought the idea of a badge was to create an identity for the club, not an identikit template that can be transfered from club to club.

Still, at least the bloke's had a go I suppose, although I'd have liked a vote on whether to keep the old badge or go with a new one (this or otherwise).
IanC

Good points Nick,but thats kind of how the modern era of footie is going,and yeah a fans vote on new logo would have been nice,but im guessing if old badge was in the vote it probably would have been kept and the club knew it.Like i said ive no probs with it and im sure we all agree we have got a lot more to worry about at the moment than a bloody badge!
ARNU

NickMurphy wrote:Just don't think it incorporates any of the history of the club and is far too much like a standard modern badge that we've all seen before. Thought the idea of a badge was to create an identity for the club, not an identikit template that can be transfered from club to club.
Maybe the players could all run around with a little book with pictures of Benno and Stilly and those 2 geezers they wheeled out at the home game a few weeks back and show it to away fans that give the faintest of tosses while they wait for a throw on to be taken. :lol:

Surely Dagenham and Redbridge 1992 is all you need it to say.Any other incarnation wasn't Dagenham and Redbridge before 92 and those clubs now don't exist Walthamstow Avenue etc...I think it looks alright,not that you can see it on a shirt very clearly unless you're up close.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

"Those 2 geezers" :|
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:those 2 geezers they wheeled out at the home game a few weeks back
That says it all about you pretty much!
ARNU

Mike the Dagger wrote:

Fishy fishy fishy !!!

One cast and I catch 1 immediately.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
bearaab

I'm glad other people realise he's a twat
bearaab

And the logo is crap
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:
Mike the Dagger wrote:

Fishy fishy fishy !!!

One cast and I catch 1 immediately.
Bollocks it was fishing. You had no idea who those "2 geezers" were.
EastLDN

I thought the fans were going to be able to vote on this? That is what is more annoying then the badge itself. I don't like it as said by others needs to have some incorporation of old and this doesn't, very disappointing. Is it staying that egg shape? Personally think the daggers should be point up then down, looks too like wet spam hammers like that
EastLDN

Just out of interest I typed in west ham new badge to see what came up, i think the designers of this may have done the same thing. I cant post the photo i found but its on the first page of google images.