Aveley- ESC

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RayleighDagger1986

Assuming this goes ahead on Monday (weather permitting), I'm making plans to attend. Has anyone been to Aveley before?
What facilities are at the ground? Is there a clubhouse bar?
len

A nice modern ground with an artificial pitch, so should have no worries about the weather. They have a bar at the rear of the stand which I didn't use but used the toilets which are also in contained within there. Also nice large car park.
RayleighDagger1986

Thanks Len.
Do you have enter the ground to access the bar or is the access external?
len

When I went, once in the ground the bar was within the complex.
RayleighDagger1986

len wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:31 am When I went, once in the ground the bar was within the complex.
Cheers Len
Sagres

ESC - £15 :angry:
RayleighDagger1986

A little steep for the ESC
len

Freezing cold night forecast and also expensive, so at the moment not that appealing.
IanC

absolutely feckin shite
Diggerthedog

Didn’t go last night but can see we made a number of changes, as did the home side. Essex senior cup or not it’s pretty clear the squad is full of players who are clearly good enough or can’t be bothered. Worrying thing is any injuries to our current best side and these are the replacements, god help us. Going to be a long few months if we pick up any injuries.
Lcbdagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:00 am Didn’t go last night but can see we made a number of changes, as did the home side. Essex senior cup or not it’s pretty clear the squad is full of players who are clearly good enough or can’t be bothered. Worrying thing is any injuries to our current best side and these are the replacements, god help us. Going to be a long few months if we pick up any injuries.
I think it just confirms that our current League position is not an outlier as it is clear that anything other than our potential best XI (even with 7 or 8 first team players in the squad) is no better than Conference South/ North quality. That Aveley changed their squad around too and still beat us speaks volumes.
Diggerthedog

Aveley also played 48 hours early and are part time, whilst our full time side had a free weekend. Embarrassing really, looking forward to our league match their next season.
NBDag

Don’t really care that we are out of the cup, it happens every year that lower league opposition knock us out. But it doesn’t look good for our attacking players when they just need anything they can get to put a spring in their step and show they can do the business. Sears must be around 20 appearances now and he’s only scored once and Ibie couldn’t make Aveley even slightly regret not wanting to keep him on loan.

If anyone went, how did the keeper Dixson do? He physically doesn’t look like a goalie, but he must have something about him to be with us at his age? (Yes I know this is stupid to think)
Diggerthedog

NBDag wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:25 pm Don’t really care that we are out of the cup, it happens every year that lower league opposition knock us out. But it doesn’t look good for our attacking players when they just need anything they can get to put a spring in their step and show they can do the business. Sears must be around 20 appearances now and he’s only scored once and Ibie couldn’t make Aveley even slightly regret not wanting to keep him on loan.

If anyone went, how did the keeper Dixson do? He physically doesn’t look like a goalie, but he must have something about him to be with us at his age? (Yes I know this is stupid to think)
Ibie got injured at Aveley in his loan spell, they replaced him with a permanent signing before he could get fit and go back.
Kevin

Echo the above.

The ESC has been a reserve team kickabout for about the past 20 odd years - but yesterday showed (yet again) that there just isn't a set of reserve/substitute players of any note.

That I personally wouldn't have fancied our chances had we played our first XI doesn't exactly reflect well on our ever-continuing downward spiral..

:blink: