Bye Trinity

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Pablo

I'll try again. I understand that a contributary factor to their withdrawal were the insults and abuse heaped on them via social media and to a lesser extent on this site by the usual suspects - all for having the temerity to invest millions of pounds into the club. It is why they decided not to respond to supporter comments and enquiries over the last year or so. I only met them once but were impressed by their sincerity and enthusiasm. They were nice guys who made mistakes for sure and were naive certainly, but their commitment to carry on until we find other investors is a mark of their calibre.

All I can say is some of our so called supporters need to look at themselves and the way they conduct themselves if we are to attract and retain further investors.
len

I wouldn't know Pablo if that was a contributing factor in Peter Freunds decision or not, but if so, would be a great shame. Unfortunately, football at all levels is followed by a small minority of "fans" that think that abusive and offensive behaviour against those running clubs is normal. It seems far more prevalent on social media as it appears you can say almost anything whilst hiding behind some fictitious name. I'm all for constructive criticism but will never understand how this has become almost normalized over the years and is unfortunately not likely to change soon.
Football is a very emotive subject, with lots of different and often extreme opinions and whoever takes over the reins, apart from having a lot of money to put into the club with little likelihood of getting it back, will have to be extremely thick skinned.
They will never please all the people all the time, however hard they try, this is unfortunately a fact and will come with the job I regret to say.
steeevooo

It all rather sounds like the same old Dagenham doesn't it: when things turn to shit or don't go to plan, it's the fans fault.

Absolutely agree with everything in Marks post on page 1 - hits the nail on the head.
Diggerthedog

Pablo wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:57 am I'll try again. I understand that a contributary factor to their withdrawal were the insults and abuse heaped on them via social media and to a lesser extent on this site by the usual suspects - all for having the temerity to invest millions of pounds into the club. It is why they decided not to respond to supporter comments and enquiries over the last year or so. I only met them once but were impressed by their sincerity and enthusiasm. They were nice guys who made mistakes for sure and were naive certainly, but their commitment to carry on until we find other investors is a mark of their calibre.

All I can say is some of our so called supporters need to look at themselves and the way they conduct themselves if we are to attract and retain further investors.
Them deciding to move on has absolutely nothing to do with any abuse they’ve received from so called fans. Peter has too much going on in the states to give us his full focus, that’s the reason. This is not Hopkin part 2. I have had this confirmed by 1 investor before a big debate begins about fans comments changing his mind, read the statement again.
HGDagger

Was always going to be inevitable they would sell up soon, only a matter of when not if. The next owners are crucial for the future of this football club, we either remain a sustainable National League side, or we will drop free fall down the leagues and end up where the likes of Grays are.
ARNU

No way do a multimillionaire consortium do a runner because of a handful of negative tweets.
I think they just don't have time for us. They're 5000 miles away, their mates at Wrexham have gone up and we haven't. Also I don't think they or anyone else has ever really improved the fan base and with a diehard 1200 coming thru the turnstiles they probably did the maths and not surprisingly have called it a day.
I can't see how anyone will ever make any money owning Dagenham. If we had gates of 4-5000 a game it might be viable but that's not happening unless we sign a geriatric Beckham or Rooney, and that'd last not very long. So let's get real, unless we live within our means then we probably won't be around a lot longer at this level.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Auntie Merge

Pablo wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:57 am I'll try again. I understand that a contributary factor to their withdrawal were the insults and abuse heaped on them via social media and to a lesser extent on this site by the usual suspects - all for having the temerity to invest millions of pounds into the club. It is why they decided not to respond to supporter comments and enquiries over the last year or so. I only met them once but were impressed by their sincerity and enthusiasm. They were nice guys who made mistakes for sure and were naive certainly, but their commitment to carry on until we find other investors is a mark of their calibre.

What a load of tosh.

I've seen hardly any abuse of them on social media. Any negative comments have usually been attached to a 'why won't you let us know what's going on'.

As has been mentioned elsewhere, they now own something like 22+ sports teams in the USA. We're not on their radar, and the official statement indicates that.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Auntie Merge wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:49 pm

What a load of tosh.

I've seen hardly any abuse of them on social media. Any negative comments have usually been attached to a 'why won't you let us know what's going on'.

As has been mentioned elsewhere, they now own something like 22+ sports teams in the USA. We're not on their radar, and the official statement indicates that.
he started a new company Diamond Baseball Holdings in 2021 and I counted 29 baseball clubs and that included a Memphis baseball club that is also listed under Trinity. Trinity had the Memphis soccer club, the Memphis baseball club and the Daggers football club. Trinity may just be the two football clubs now. either way he has his hand in about 30 or 31 sports clubs and he also owns a very small slice of the NY Yankees. all the baseball clubs have the players paid by the major league club so the finances are very different that any of the football clubs.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
McLeansvilleAppFan

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:51 am
Auntie Merge wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:49 pm

What a load of tosh.

he started a new company Diamond Baseball Holdings in 2021 and I counted 29 baseball clubs and that included a Memphis baseball club that is also listed under Trinity. Trinity had the Memphis soccer club, the Memphis baseball club and the Daggers football club. Trinity may just be the two football clubs now. either way he has his hand in about 30 or 31 sports clubs and he also owns a very small slice of the NY Yankees. all the baseball clubs have the players paid by the major league club so the finances are very different that any of the football clubs.
and he purchased about 2 dozen of the baseball clubs in the last 2 years.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
DaggerJoel11

The Cup exploits of our scheduled opponents made for an empty weekend just gone, but certainly not a quiet one coming off the announcement that our owners are selling up.

Exploring the talking points from something that has felt on the cards for a while: https://dagnificent.weebly.com/daggers-blog
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
redboy

Never bought into the $$$ invested by a group of guys who know FA about Non-league Football. No idea what they thought would happen, but here we are a few years and managers down the line and no better off on the pitch. The fans have suffered season after season and I fear it's going to get worse. As an investor, what are you buying? A club that's been on the demise for many years and could easily get relegated. Players on contracts that would probably need to be halved in 6 months time. A club that will never get attendances above 2000 even in the EFL. A board that has more or less remained constant throughout this period.

Surely now, yes NOW, it's time for the club to start again. New owners, new board and a new strategy. When was the last time we polished a rough diamond and sold them on for a small fortune to help finance the club. When did we have a cup run in the FAT or the FAC? The fans deserve more. Our expectations are not that high TBH, but we do want to be treated with respect and listened to.
RayleighDagger1986

I think its time for us fans to consider buying in, a fans owned club. At least we'll have control from top to bottom and make decisions we are happy with. I'm willing to invest/donate.
Does anyone else feel/think like this?
len

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:19 am I think its time for us fans to consider buying in, a fans owned club. At least we'll have control from top to bottom and make decisions we are happy with. I'm willing to invest/donate.
Does anyone else feel/think like this?
It sounds an admirable idea but not sure if in practical terms if would be anyway feasible financially. I do not know how much Trinity have invested in the Daggers but £8 million pound has been muted, but if not this much would be many millions I imagine. Also, when you say "invested" what you really mean is throw in a bottomless pit. We haven't got a a large following and you will probably find that most supporters may not be too keen on giving much money if anything.
What we really need is somebody who is a lifelong fan and also a multi-millionaire but I don't think they really exist!
Mark

It depends what people want. Trinity I believe have stuck over half a million in this season to make ends meet. In previous seasons it has been over a million. According to the public accounts they are over 7m down so far.

For the fans to take over, we need to become more self sufficient as a club which generally means finding other revenue streams (plastic pitch, somehow getting people back in our bar 7 days a week, developing and selling players). None of this is easy and especially on the player sales side it can all unravel quite fast if you buy a few duds.

I get the feeling these days not many fans are happy to cruise along on a low budget and be at the wrong end of the table most seasons. Yes it is possible to outperform your budget but teams doing this on a regular basis are very rare. Almost every team in the league seems to have a backer.

So in reality we are hoping for someone rich to come along who is in it purely for enjoyment. Those people often come with baggage or disappear as quick as they arrive.
Diggerthedog

What is the plan for next season if a new investor does not come along? Most of the high earners have been offloaded and those that remain contracts are up so there is a chance here to reset completely this summer. I think going part time is inevitable without an investor or you'll be relegation certainties on a small full time budget and as Mark says it's becoming even rarer to break the mold of over achieving at this level.

There needs to be a fans forum ASAP, firstly to answer questions on why the current owners really left and and the plan ahead. It needs to be explained this is option A (new benefactor) and this is option B (which could be anything). There are fans that are willing to help financially in one way or another. If we continue with poor comms at this difficult time less people will be willing to help.

A new owner wont fall into our laps and even if they do what is the plan? If it's to throw money and leave the current MD in place I'm out.