Same old, same old...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

No pressure or passion at the start of a second half, allow teams back in to a game they shouldn't be in and STILL can't do a thing at corners... all so boring now... not hearing a word about the 3rd goal as O'Brien didn't even appeal and was nowhere near the ball, whether he was touched or not.

The MotM award got a chuckle from the crowd at least... well done Mrs Green for getting that text in early
Mikins

I declared that mom vote the "anti-connors protest vote"

We're really missing Doey atm, Gayle and Saah as a pairing is as bad as Wilkinson - Saah, two games together and shipped 5 goals. And if we're playing our fullbacks so far forward we need CD's who can cover properly. Green looked okay. Nothing spectacular but better than Connors, partridge didn't have a great day imo. Goals conceded were frankly pathetic.

Anyone think we actually have a chance at Portsmouth?
Sorry about your damn luck!
Diggerthedog

Mikins wrote:I declared that mom vote the "anti-connors protest vote"

We're really missing Doey atm, Gayle and Saah as a pairing is as bad as Wilkinson - Saah, two games together and shipped 5 goals. And if we're playing our fullbacks so far forward we need CD's who can cover properly. Green looked okay. Nothing spectacular but better than Connors, partridge didn't have a great day imo. Goals conceded were frankly pathetic.

Anyone think we actually have a chance at Portsmouth?
No chance at Pompey and could get embarrassed.
Lcbdagger

Really starting to lose the point of Boucard at home... In pre season liked a world beater. Can't find a pass to save his life and clearly not protecting the back four as we let in goals for fun in home matches
matt_drfc

Lcbdagger wrote:Really starting to lose the point of Boucard at home... In pre season liked a world beater. Can't find a pass to save his life and clearly not protecting the back four as we let in goals for fun in home matches
Thought he was superb first half, they obviously spoke about that at half time and put 2 men on him to stop his impact, they did and that's a big part of why we struggled
Diggerthedog

Boucard is exactly what we need for our style of play. Issues are the back line and the inability to do the basics right.

The home attendance says all you need to know about our home form over the last 10 months. If we lose the next few games we could easily see a sub 1000 crowd against Exeter on a Friday night.
leewilson

Lcbdagger wrote:Really starting to lose the point of Boucard at home... In pre season liked a world beater. Can't find a pass to save his life and clearly not protecting the back four as we let in goals for fun in home matches
What the fudge? He hardly lost the ball today.
ARNU

What is going on with our kick off routine ? Has it ever achieved anymore than a throw in for the opposition? The amount of times we kick off you'd think we would have a decent routine by now.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

With the kick off, I'd assume it's to get us as far up the pitch as possible and try to keep the opposition under pressure, bonus if we get the throw. Not too fussed with that, because if we pass it back people will moan it's not going forward.
redboy

In the first half Boucard was our best player. Held the ball up well and hardly gave a pass away. Ok, he isn't going to get forward, but why would he, that's his job. That allows the full backs plus the midfield to get forward. I was hoping our new striker was going to be like their no.10 today. That's exactly the type of forward we need, big, awkward, fast, strong and a perfect foil for Cureton. I'm really concerned about us, when we play it on the floor, we're effective but the remainder of our play is totally inept. It's ok playing good football, but you need muscle to earn the right to play..........god am I repeating myself again??
mickeyblue

4-4-2 at home would be better imo.

if howell and abs start dropping deep like they did at start of second half we are buggered, it just invites teams to pound us. wave after wave of attacks will only lead in defeat.

id love cureton and murphy up top a few games time hopefully we can see this.

not all doom i thought 1st half we was pretty good and never looked like losing, 15mins into second half and there crowd suckig the ball into our net. there was only 1 winner.

only person to get our crown going is russell and thats just sad if you ask me.

coyd
but we finished 9th!
Richie

Had a few hours to reflect and I actually thought we were pretty solid today. I can't think of many chances they made, only issue was three goals which after only seeing live I'd say goals one and three were definitely O'Brien's fault, and the second perhaps but tough with 12 odd people practically on the goal-line.

Am concerned by us not being to handle the Cambridge pressing in the 2nd half though, Partridge and Green didn't look too composed when put under pressure. "Alan" is having the same issue as Connors, started well but now looked fairly poor twice in succession
matt_drfc

mickeyblue wrote:4-4-2 at home would be better imo.

if howell and abs start dropping deep like they did at start of second half we are buggered, it just invites teams to pound us. wave after wave of attacks will only lead in defeat.

id love cureton and murphy up top a few games time hopefully we can see this.

not all doom i thought 1st half we was pretty good and never looked like losing, 15mins into second half and there crowd suckig the ball into our net. there was only 1 winner.

only person to get our crown going is russell and thats just sad if you ask me.

coyd
Who do you suggest being the 2 in CM if 4-4-2? If Ogogo and Howell then naturally they will have to drop deep as there is no one to allow them to go forward. Boucaud cannot play in a 2, he isn't that type of player. Bingham probably could do it, Labadie I wouldn't like to say..

I like Boucaud and would be reluctant to drop him as he makes us pass it well, Howelly does the dirty side and scores, Ogogo is captain and probably our best player and cannot be dropped. We certainly have options, but what 2 would you like?
mickeyblue

id have abs and howell. as soon as others have said cambridge put more players on boucard (who btw did nothing wrong) we was out of the game as cureton was isolated up top on his own. 4-4-2 this cant happen even if we have to defend deep as we have 2 strikers.

1st half abs and howell pushed up very well. howell atm is below par and can play alot better but we have nobody else.
but we finished 9th!
Dagdale

This performance past half time was probably the worst I've seen for a long while albeit when we grabbed one back making it 2-3 thought last ten minutes or so we could have if bloody lucky grabbed a point. Money obviously made good substitutions and rattled our defence (if you can call it that) ,but why the hell did we go off the boil second period and turning out a pretty poor side into winners. That 3rd and winning goal for them, what the hell was that all about?, Sunday morning school boy stuff! Got to see that one again but it seemed O'Brien looking up to the heavens dropped down and slid into a vacant net but only about a few feet from him?? We're in for one hell of a battle at Pompey and Cheltenham now, and if were losing to sides like this today don't feel at all confident with them this season. Northampton pretty good side, these lot had 5 to 6 decent players out and away form pretty bad, ffs its not looking good!