Same old, same old...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
leewilson

I'm a big fan of Wayne but he does need to do better, especially at home. I like his philosophy but I do get the impression he's quite stubborn. The home record is appalling and there's no excuse for that.
ARNU

leewilson wrote:I'm a big fan of Wayne but he does need to do better, especially at home. I like his philosophy but I do get the impression he's quite stubborn. The home record is appalling and there's no excuse for that.
Permission to agree !!

Has a terrible temper (See beating Wycombe at home last season) and cannot control it.Those he dosent like soon know about it and that can be detrimental to their progress.The honesty I wanted from Still was never there but in wayne its too honest.He needs to calm down and look inwards sometimes.Dont like the hoofing but the midfield and forwards are doing their bit.Im still his greatest fan though but he has to sort out the defence.He must know this.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mark

Defending is a team exercise though. Look at the way Cambridge got their wide players back to double up on our wingers. We leave our full backs, who lack pace, exposed 1 on 1. Look at the way Cambridge tracked our midfielders and got blocks in. Our deep midfielder is a playmaker not a defender. Our whole team is set up to concede goals.
matt_drfc

Mark wrote:Defending is a team exercise though. Look at the way Cambridge got their wide players back to double up on our wingers. We leave our full backs, who lack pace, exposed 1 on 1. Look at the way Cambridge tracked our midfielders and got blocks in. Our deep midfielder is a playmaker not a defender. Our whole team is set up to concede goals.
Thought Chambers especially did that really well, Hemmings did too, but not as effectively. They conceded from a cross, so they didn't do it that well?
Mark

It came from Cureton going wide though. Second half when they were ahead and we came forward we couldn't get through at all on the wings.
Diggerthedog

Second half they were told to go longer and play on behind and the players failed to execute it. The next few games are vital for Wayne because this home form cannot continue.
Mark

Not surprising really. You can't go in behind a deep defence and when we did go long it was just Cureton up against somebody a foot taller.
Diggerthedog

Spot on. Not sure the attic would have ever worked. We play a certain way and if you play that way you need to be capable of breaking defences down, of all the possesion we have had at home this season the reward is minimal.
matt_drfc

Mark wrote:It came from Cureton going wide though. Second half when they were ahead and we came forward we couldn't get through at all on the wings.
They still failed to stop the cross though regardless who crossed it. And that's understandable when they're ahead it's naturally harder to break them down
Adrian

matt_drfc wrote:
Mark wrote:It came from Cureton going wide though. Second half when they were ahead and we came forward we couldn't get through at all on the wings.
They still failed to stop the cross though regardless who crossed it. And that's understandable when they're ahead it's naturally harder to break them down
Erm, the original point was about them stopping our wingers. That our striker provided a cross for a goal does not disprove that point at all.
matt_drfc

Adrian wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:
Erm, the original point was about them stopping our wingers. That our striker provided a cross for a goal does not disprove that point at all.
Yep, it was applauding how well they did it, but we still got the cross in so them stopping our wingers wasn't effective as we found a way around it through Cureton.. It's alright stopping our wingers, but if you don't stop the other players from doing the same thing they haven't done their job have they...
Adrian

matt_drfc wrote: Yep, it was applauding how well they did it, but we still got the cross in so them stopping our wingers wasn't effective as we found a way around it through Cureton.. It's alright stopping our wingers, but if you don't stop the other players from doing the same thing they haven't done their job have they...
If the job is to stop the wingers, and our wingers are stopped, how is the job not done? Most teams would be quite happy in forcing a player like Cureton into a wide position where he is less likely to be as effective at his main job - scoring goals.
matt_drfc

Adrian wrote:
matt_drfc wrote: Yep, it was applauding how well they did it, but we still got the cross in so them stopping our wingers wasn't effective as we found a way around it through Cureton.. It's alright stopping our wingers, but if you don't stop the other players from doing the same thing they haven't done their job have they...
If the job is to stop the wingers, and our wingers are stopped, how is the job not done? Most teams would be quite happy in forcing a player like Cureton into a wide position where he is less likely to be as effective at his main job - scoring goals.
The job will be to stop crosses coming in, to do that stopping wingers is of course a big part, but they've also got to stop other players from getting crosses in.
mickeyblue

Score 2 goals at home and lose is bull
sort it wayne asap
not sure public bashing of playets is way to go either.
but we finished 9th!
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
shoreyda2nd wrote:I hope that everyone (and there were alot of you) who constantly had pops at Lewy and effectively drove him away from the club were there today.

Also, Brian Saah, what exactly does he do? Wins very few headers, gives needless free kicks away, and kicks the ball 60 yards straight to their goalkeeper. This is more of a general question/opinion rather than a comment solely based on today's game.
50% of your post is utter tosh. Did we also drive Seabright away who was also offered a contract . The opinion was he was not yet ready but I tell you what if he was not then the Clown we have at the moment will never be.

The other 50% is bang on the money, when he defensively heads a ball it goes nowhere and it been the same since he has been here. Count how many times he heads a ball out and it plops no more then 5-10 yards outside our box and as a result comes straight back.

Always remember that Fortune who came on at Exeter for the last two minutes the season before last. We were under the cosh and he made three headers and I don't think I have ever seen a player get such distance.

We seem to have problem clearing ouyr lines at times and it simply is not good enough.
Why is it utter tosh? The likes of you and Arnu were regulars in bashing Lewington on here. While I'm sure it wasn't the only reason he chose to move on, it bashing certainly won't have helped him want to stay.
Seabright wasn't offered a contract, he was offered the chance to come back in pre-season and try to earn a new contract. He was spot on in deciding not to bother - it was a crap way to treat him - either you want him stay and offer him a deal, or you don't want him and tell him so.