Same old, same old...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Lewy couldn't kick but could stop a shot.If that's bashing god help him.No way would reading that on here have had any bearing on his decision to leave.He was better than O'Brien but not as good as we need.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Adrian

Yeh, that was all you ever posted wasn't it.
Definitely never went further than that on a repeated bais.
bearaab

Never said anything about Arber either...
SUSSEX DAGGER

Adrian wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
shoreyda2nd wrote:I hope that everyone (and there were alot of you) who constantly had pops at Lewy and effectively drove him away from the club were there today.

Also, Brian Saah, what exactly does he do? Wins very few headers, gives needless free kicks away, and kicks the ball 60 yards straight to their goalkeeper. This is more of a general question/opinion rather than a comment solely based on today's game.
50% of your post is utter tosh. Did we also drive Seabright away who was also offered a contract . The opinion was he was not yet ready but I tell you what if he was not then the Clown we have at the moment will never be.

The other 50% is bang on the money, when he defensively heads a ball it goes nowhere and it been the same since he has been here. Count how many times he heads a ball out and it plops no more then 5-10 yards outside our box and as a result comes straight back.

Always remember that Fortune who came on at Exeter for the last two minutes the season before last. We were under the cosh and he made three headers and I don't think I have ever seen a player get such distance.

We seem to have problem clearing ouyr lines at times and it simply is not good enough.
Why is it utter tosh? The likes of you and Arnu were regulars in bashing Lewington on here. While I'm sure it wasn't the only reason he chose to move on, it bashing certainly won't have helped him want to stay.
Seabright wasn't offered a contract, he was offered the chance to come back in pre-season and try to earn a new contract. He was spot on in deciding not to bother - it was a crap way to treat him - either you want him stay and offer him a deal, or you don't want him and tell him so.
I said 50% was utter Tosh. As if any Player would walk away because of something wrote on here. Your be telling me next that the Prime Minister is chucking it in because those nasty bastards at the Daily Mirror write to many nasty things about him.

We'll let me apologise to Lewey if that is however the case never wanted to hurt his feelings just wanted to express a view he was not a good Goalkeeper.

If that is true about Seabright add in the Miles debacle two seasons ago and the fact that the Manager prefers this current Clown above the other new recruit then I would suggest that picking Goalkeepers is not one of his forte.

Hope he don't walk away cos I have expressed a view.
ARNU

bearaab wrote:Never said anything about Arber either...
Yes I did !! He was great,even a legend,for the larger part of his time with us. Then when we (not just me) questioned his selection he continued to play on,badly at that whilst injured he threw his toys out then admitted it later on(I got the program somewhere).Oh and he behaved like a tool on twitter.Has he ever been back ?? No.Because of me ? I doubt it.Because we let him go?? Probably.Could he take it as well as give it(And believe me he could give it) ?? Definitely not.
Last edited by ARNU on Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ARNU

Adrian wrote:Yeh, that was all you ever posted wasn't it.
Definitely never went further than that on a repeated bais.
Couldn't kick,sometimes out of position had a calamity occasionally but could stop a shot and did have some great moments.Sums it all up nicely I think.Im not gonna lie I thought he struggled at times and people made excuses for him over and over.He didn't leave Dagenham because of me that's for sure.
matt_drfc

With Seabright I think it was a case of we did want him, but wanted to loan him out as he wasn't going to get guaranteed games here, but we couldn't afford to have 3 keepers.. We didn't want him just as a back up because that wouldn't help his development as he needs to be playing regularly.