Same old same old......(The original thread)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:Just tweeted this but check out the gaffers interview on player. Keeper will certainly be dropped for Tuesday.
Sounds as if harsh words have been spoken. Certainly no after match walk round to clap the fans and no huddle in the middle.
Rightly so for a few it just not good enough, but then the manager has signed these players.
bearaab

Anyone would think we were already bottom of the league...
Mark

I find it very amusing that Wayne keeps digging out individual players in public. He deemed them good enough. He might want to look closer to home. I wonder why so many wanted to leave this summer.
ARNU

Our only home win was when Wayne wasn't there.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

Our home form is so poor I would not be surprised if the board have had a word with Wayne as the financial implications of losing fans by hundreds is massive for a club of our size. We have enough to stay up but at what cost? About 300 home fans on top of season tickets yesterday but how many freebies?
ARNU

Diggerthedog wrote:Our home form is so poor I would not be surprised if the board have had a word with Wayne as the financial implications of losing fans by hundreds is massive for a club of our size. We have enough to stay up but at what cost? About 300 home fans on top of season tickets yesterday but how many freebies?
You may well be right but the Board need a good hard look at themselves before they start on Wayne. I travelled to the ground yesterday(Thru Romford via Rush Green Lights and thru Eastbrook)I didn't see one poster in a shop window or any advertising of the club the ground or coming matches.You cant get the new away shirt and you'd miss the ground completely unless you happened to look right as you pass Bury Road.Results on the field do have an effect,my long winded and boring point about us having our own end does matter and being outsung every week by as little as 50 away supporters is also contributing to our downfall.I sort of sniggered to myself when I saw a T-shirt with "We're Just A Pub Team From Essex" on it.I thought.How right!
Mark

As much as I don't want to move from behind the Bury Road goal, I'm starting to think we should all be in the Pondfield Road end. The noise that the away team generate from there is embarrassing for us.

Having said that, I'm sure they'd also make a racket in the Sieve but we seem incapable these days.
ARNU

The ball hit my hand yesterday,I think it fractured my wrist.Where do I claim its farkin agony.
Adrian

ARNU wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:Our home form is so poor I would not be surprised if the board have had a word with Wayne as the financial implications of losing fans by hundreds is massive for a club of our size. We have enough to stay up but at what cost? About 300 home fans on top of season tickets yesterday but how many freebies?
You may well be right but the Board need a good hard look at themselves before they start on Wayne. I travelled to the ground yesterday(Thru Romford via Rush Green Lights and thru Eastbrook)I didn't see one poster in a shop window or any advertising of the club the ground or coming matches.You cant get the new away shirt and you'd miss the ground completely unless you happened to look right as you pass Bury Road.Results on the field do have an effect,my long winded and boring point about us having our own end does matter and being outsung every week by as little as 50 away supporters is also contributing to our downfall.I sort of sniggered to myself when I saw a T-shirt with "We're Just A Pub Team From Essex" on it.I thought.How right!
I don't understand how you can have not seen any posters. I thought once the club made posters available to download and print that our supporters would be getting them put up in every available window. Has that not happened then?

The one thing that will get people through the gates is good results at home. That isn't happening and it isn't going to change any time soon as far as I can tell.
It is interesting that every time something comes up that could be pointed at the manager, you manage to try and divert the blame. Last week it was his coaching team, rather than him. This week it's the board.

The board don't have a cat in hells chance of improving crowds with the results on the pitch. Who would pay to watch 'their' team perform the way we have.

For me, I've missed two of the first four games. I don't think I've ever done that. I'm struggling to see the point in turning up to the next home game, and have a season ticket. It's beyond me why anyone would pay to go at the moment.
ARNU

I'm not saying Wayne is without blame,far from it.The board need to do their bit too though.Im quite sure blaming attendances on Wayne alone (Which is why I have piped up in this instance) is a bit rich when little or no effort in bringing new fans in has really been tried at board level.I absolutely agree that poor showings on the pitch do definitely effect attendances.This season is make or break for Burnett,I hope for one he succeeds.I wouldn't want Still back,put it like that.
Adrian

ARNU wrote:I'm not saying Wayne is without blame,far from it.The board need to do their bit too though.Im quite sure blaming attendances on Wayne alone (Which is why I have piped up in this instance) is a bit rich when little or no effort in bringing new fans in has really been tried at board level.I absolutely agree that poor showings on the pitch do definitely effect attendances.This season is make or break for Burnett,I hope for one he succeeds.I wouldn't want Still back,put it like that.
The point wasn't about new fans though, it was about losing the existing fans. If the results remain as they are, then crowds are going to drop. The responsibility for results lays with one man, and that's Wayne Burnett.

Claiming little or no effort has been made to bring in new fans is your usual astounding level of complete and utter bull. Just because you don't see stuff doesn't mean it's not happening.
It would be irrelevant at the moment anyway. No amount of advertising will sell a product that people don't want, and people don't want to watch a football team that has hardly won at home in a year.
ARNU

Im not disagreeing with you Adrian,the results on the pitch have a great impact on gates.Im adding that advertising and promotion of the club off the field is poor.That aspect of things isn't Waynes fault.The fact we cant defend is.
Dagdale

Something about us at home is missing big time, and it just doesn't seem to get any better. How many times have we met away fans after and got their side of the game and lost count how many have said you're a pretty decent team in places but don't seem to hold on. Any levels there's always going be some f,ups but can't seem to motor forward and maintain a strong organised unit of players. Also another few U's fans can't believe were huddled up away from 'their end' the classier TBS stand and without doubt the atmosphere down at our ground is not doing our team any favour's at all, its getting worse. Its crossing my mind now that if Bury rd and Sieve's going to be vacated by us and we all move up the new stand would it make any difference? The team's bad performances of late at home is of course a big part of our push on the vocals but were under cover in the sieve and could and should sound a lot better than of late, this team of daggers needs our help!
matt_drfc

For me it's just a lack of a buzz at home, away games are just a lot more enjoyable and everyone sings regardless of the score, but I'm not sure how it gets better...
Mikins

matt_drfc wrote:For me it's just a lack of a buzz at home, away games are just a lot more enjoyable and everyone sings regardless of the score, but I'm not sure how it gets better...
We should just come up with those never-gonna-happen plans to gather all us noise makers together somewhere in the sieve and try to forcibly create an atmosphere ^_^
Sorry about your damn luck!