Same old same old......(The original thread)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Hoofing with midgets up front against giants,the ririculous kick off routine and cant defend corners and free kicks.The keeper is a nightmare and why bother having 7 subs if you aint gonna use them till the last 10 mins?? Hemmings was doing alright,pointless change.

Will Wayne sort it out.Im beginning to doubt it.
Last edited by ARNU on Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

Hahaha I thought I had posted my thread twice... great minds!
Mark

I can't see us ever being any good defensively as a team with Burnett in charge. He's been around a while now with no sign of improvement.

We are decent going forward especially away when teams don't sit so deep but it doesn't matter if you keep leaking goals.
steeevooo

Mark wrote:I can't see us ever being any good defensively as a team with Burnett in charge. He's been around a while now with no sign of improvement.
Agree with that - our defending from set pieces is woeful, has been for well over a year now, and yet shows absolutely no sign of improvement whatsoever. Our defending from open play isn't much better.

Also, it was stated pre-season that it would be an open fight for the #1 shirt - surely Cousins has to be wondering what he has to do to get a chance? Whilst good shot stopping, it looked as though O'Brien was at fault for all three today:
1.) Why, when you set a wall up, do you then proceed to stand directly behind it, totally blocking your view and leaving the other corner open? Second time he's done that now having done the same against Morecambe.
2.) It looked as though the corner dropped right infront of him inside the six yard box, yet he was so flat footed.
3.) I've never seen a keeper look so timid jumping for a very simple catch with a forward before.

Were those who were slagging off Lewi for being a good shot stopper but nothing else like to reconsider?!
Diggerthedog

Before people jump on the bandwagon and say Lewy this lewy that, he was offered a new contract and declined.

Why we signed another striker yesterday when it's obvious we need better defenders is beyond me. Our home form over the last 23 games is relegation form.
Lcbdagger

Diggerthedog wrote:Before people jump on the bandwagon and say Lewy this lewy that, he was offered a new contract and declined.

Why we signed another striker yesterday when it's obvious we need better defenders is beyond me. Our home form over the last 23 games is relegation form.
4 or 5 more wins in most league's would have still been relegation form... we would stone dead bottom on that form alone
ARNU

So O'Brian is pants,worse than lewy who was also pants.How bad must Cousins be to not get a look in.Time for him to get a chance me thinks.The excuses are wearing a bit thin now.Individual errors Wayne has called them.Well that's a kop out really as all goals can be down to somebodies individual error.Fact is our defense is shit.Thug is too slow and not quick to respond,Green looked to me like he wants to get forward a lot,well fine but you have to get back quick and defend if you are gonna do that.Saah,bit clumsy at times,Connors not ready IMO and even Doe has been having a bit of mare of late.(Own goals and all that).Id bin all but Doe to be honest,start again Wayne.You might want to sack your coaching staff or get someone in with a defending background while your at it.Who is next home match ? Is it Femi and York ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

Wayne is obviously a good coach in getting his teams set up to play attractive football in attack but the other half is shocking. We let capable defenders in Wilkinson and femi leave are the replacements better? No. Like Dolly Parton we are very top heavy.

Think Green did ok today for his first full debut, certainly no worse then what the other more experienced defenders offered. 19 goals conceded in 8 games is pathetic, if that carries on we could concede over 100 goals this season and that will result in relegation.

We have Murphy and Hines to come back in but that won't change the defence.
matt_drfc

Wouldn't be surprised if on Tuesday Gayle is dropped and Partridge goes to CB, Batt to RB, that's if Doe isn't fit of course. Cousins will start, I'm 75% sure of that.. Not sure about LB, Green can probably deal with the Pompey attacks more than Connors, but can he deal with the atmosphere? Not sure.
Auntie Merge

I'm just so disappointed that we threw that game away. Ok, after Cambridge took the lead I would have settled for a draw but we are relegation form at the moment.

O'brien did make *some* good saves but obviously the mistakes outweigh this. I know the BBC site usually should be taken with a pinch of salt but according to that we had 60% possession. We must do better. If we end up in the conference we will never get back in L2.
Lcbdagger

The possession would be more important if most of it wasn't passes made between the keeper, Boucard and the back four... 80% possession wouldn't change the result with the way we defend
Diggerthedog

Just tweeted this but check out the gaffers interview on player. Keeper will certainly be dropped for Tuesday.
SUSSEX DAGGER

What is our Manager watching.
The defence is an absolute joke. With the amount of goals we are scoring we should be the other end of table.

Gayle is not good enough, Saah would not get into 2/3rds of the sides in this league, the full backs are all to slow and we go and buy a striker . Now it looks like Doe is out for the next four games

Something needs sorting and it better be dam quick because if we lost Cureton ,who must have been involved in 75% of the goals we have scored,then the goals will dry up mark my words.

Please don't even start to get me going about the first choice Goalkeeper , Cousins must be pretty dire if this Muppet keeps him out. Forget about Lewey Seabright would be better then this clown.

So we now go to that Toilet Tuesday night and are due to play a team who have lost three on the spin and have not scored in any of them.
What a time for our sorry bunch of rag bag and bob tail men to rock up.

The Skates have a winger in Storey who will tear a new one in any of our full backs.

God I feel beyond depressed.
Richie

ARNU wrote:Hoofing with midgets up front against giants,the ririculous kick off routine and cant defend corners and free kicks.The keeper is a nightmare and why bother having 7 subs if you aint gonna use them till the last 10 mins?? Hemmings was doing alright,pointless change.

Will Wayne sort it out.Im beginning to doubt it.
We didn't hoof it. If we did hoof it at the start of the 2nd half rather than trying to pass out of their pressing we'd have done better!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Diggerthedog wrote:Just tweeted this but check out the gaffers interview on player. Keeper will certainly be dropped for Tuesday.
Sounds as if harsh words have been spoken. Certainly no after match walk round to clap the fans and no huddle in the middle.