Adebayo Signs

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
matt_drfc

Adrian wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:
View From The Stand wrote:Sorry Matt it's a team game with components within, the defence being one part of. Therefore the defence has to be treated first as a unit.
Think about the goals we've been conceding majority are individual errors, of course we are going to concede a goal every now and then through purely being opened up and out played. But I'd say out of the last 8 goals we have conceded (Oxford, Northampton, Cambridge) at least 4, maybe 5 have been individual errors, 1 was a penalty which was harsh and the other 2 were decent play from the opposition.

3rd goal v Oxford - Connors diving in and allowing Hylton to get the ball across and eventually scoring
2nd goal v Northampton - Gayle lost his marker
1st goal v Cambridge - O'Brien poor positioning
2nd goal v Cambridge - Someone lost their marker (not sure who)
3rd goal v Cambridge - O'Brien's fault (May have been fouled though)
Conceding the occasional goal because of excellent play by the other team is fine. It will happen.
To be putting the other goals down as individual errors is ridiculous. The simple reality is that we concede far too many goals that are avoidable. If we have that many 'individual' errors then there is still something wrong - either the players being used aren't good enough or the way they've been told to defend doesn't suit them.
I agree with that but like with O'Brien's 2 mistakes, he's done well up to now so it's easy to say after the mistakes that he isn't good enough.. I doubt Connors has been told to dive in, in the box and Green was given a chance after that. With the 2 corners you can say maybe Gayle (I think was the one who lost his marker again yesterday) isn't good enough and that's fair enough.
Adrian

matt_drfc wrote: I agree with that but like with O'Brien's 2 mistakes, he's done well up to now so it's easy to say after the mistakes that he isn't good enough.. I doubt Connors has been told to dive in, in the box and Green was given a chance after that. With the 2 corners you can say maybe Gayle (I think was the one who lost his marker again yesterday) isn't good enough and that's fair enough.
O'Brien hasn't done well up to now though really. His kicking has been poor, he's not looked at convincing on several occasions, and part of his job is to marshal the defence. With the number of goals we've conceded he can't have done that well either.
I wouldn't pick out one player from corners. We've been a joke defending corners and set pieces for over a year now. That isn't down to Gayle. The blame for that sits higher up.
matt_drfc

Adrian wrote:
matt_drfc wrote: I agree with that but like with O'Brien's 2 mistakes, he's done well up to now so it's easy to say after the mistakes that he isn't good enough.. I doubt Connors has been told to dive in, in the box and Green was given a chance after that. With the 2 corners you can say maybe Gayle (I think was the one who lost his marker again yesterday) isn't good enough and that's fair enough.
O'Brien hasn't done well up to now though really. His kicking has been poor, he's not looked at convincing on several occasions, and part of his job is to marshal the defence. With the number of goals we've conceded he can't have done that well either.
I wouldn't pick out one player from corners. We've been a joke defending corners and set pieces for over a year now. That isn't down to Gayle. The blame for that sits higher up.
Thought his kicking has been ok tbh.. And how many corners like that did we concede this season before Northampton game? Doe and Saah have appeared to be picking up their markers well.
Adrian

matt_drfc wrote:
Adrian wrote:
Thought his kicking has been ok tbh.. And how many corners like that did we concede this season before Northampton game? Doe and Saah have appeared to be picking up their markers well.
You seem to be trying to do your thing about missing the point again. Our defending from corners and set pieces has been a joke. We might not have been conceding from direct headers, but we have still been conceding. Even then, it isn't just about conceding, its about how well we defend the set pieces and that hasn't been good either.
SUSSEX DAGGER

matt_drfc wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:So Matt still don't think we need better defenders?
I said I agree we do. But my point was that I don't think we can find a defender who will come straight in our team and sort our problems out for the same amount of money as a 20 year old striker from Ryman North..
Have in the past Spillane and Bauldry for starters. We still have a Captain who can play right back and although playing midfield is still the best RB at Club IMO.

Seem to have a host of Midfielders to fill that void.

Whatever your opinion the defence is simply not good enough which ever way you want to slice it.
bearaab

Honestly can't believe people are still harping on about Ogogo playing right back.
matt_drfc

Just watched Yusuff's interview, seems a very likeable lad and grateful for the chance, hopefully he can be given the opportunity whilst others are injured and show his hunger. Made me laugh when he says he got the call at 11am to be here for 11:30 to sign the contract before the 12 deadline, then went to work straight after. Good luck to him!
SUSSEX DAGGER

bearaab wrote:Honestly can't believe people are still harping on about Ogogo playing right back.
Nobody is harping about anything, it is just a fact Abu is not only the best Player at this Club who can play right back. He is also in my opinion one of the best in the League.

Answer me this if he had to miss a few games for one reason or another and we went on a winning run and when he was able to return we needed a right back, would you use him?
ARNU

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
bearaab wrote:Honestly can't believe people are still harping on about Ogogo playing right back.
Nobody is harping about anything, it is just a fact Abu is not only the best Player at this Club who can play right back. He is also in my opinion one of the best in the League.

Answer me this if he had to miss a few games for one reason or another and we went on a winning run and when he was able to return we needed a right back, would you use him?
You are arguing with somebody who don't even watch the team Sussex.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
AVincelotFlyingLeap

"From signing I went back and worked until about midnight. The next morning I got the train to Dagenham East, came to the stadium and made my debut. It was just a whirlwind couple of days.
Ah, I love this club. It's the little things