Adebayo Signs

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Not Akinfenwa but a Lad from Chatham Town, has a good scoring record.

Someone must be on there way out surely? Far too many strikers now.
matt_drfc

Can't see anyone leaving now, maybe Goldberg on loan but that's it. We've got Cureton, Murphy, Doidge, Goldberg, Yussuff and Nouble. Nouble definitely isn't ready and will probably extend his loan. We haven't got that many strikers tbf
Diggerthedog

With a budget of our size I think we have too many forwards and not enough decent cover at the back. Think the new lad will be out on loan before too long, massive step up from Ryman North to this level.
dagger4eva

I reckon more chance of Goldberg going back out on loan. Doesn't appear to have lived up to our's (and more importantly WB's) expectations... although the very limited game time hasn't helped me make a decision on him one way or the other thus far!

I tend to agree that I would prefer some more definsive options being brought in. We look woefully short as it with almost NIL real compeition for places!
matt_drfc

Agree re defensive cover, but you always need more forward players than defenders, attackers bring different options to the team and can allow us to play 2 up front or 1 or 3 or whatever formation Wayne thinks suits each game, defenders we will always just play 4, we have 7 and there tends to be a back four that the manager favours and eventually sticks with but forward combinations are easier to change and less disruptive. I wouldn't imagine Doidge, Goldberg, Nouble and Yusuff are on a lot of money at all anyway. I'm glad we're still trying to bring in young non-league players, as that's what we've always done.
ARNU

Is this Doige bloke ever gonna even get on the bench ?? Whats happening with him ??
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

ARNU wrote:Is this Doige bloke ever gonna even get on the bench ?? Whats happening with him ??
Ankle injury I think, will need to get match fit aswell
Diggerthedog

matt_drfc wrote:
ARNU wrote:Is this Doige bloke ever gonna even get on the bench ?? Whats happening with him ??
Ankle injury I think, will need to get match fit aswell
Was on the bench at Hartlepool only to get injured in the warm up, just out luck recently with injuries. another set back for Murphy aswell had surgery this week, won't see him before November i reckon
Adrian

matt_drfc wrote:Can't see anyone leaving now, maybe Goldberg on loan but that's it. We've got Cureton, Murphy, Doidge, Goldberg, Yussuff and Nouble. Nouble definitely isn't ready and will probably extend his loan. We haven't got that many strikers tbf

We've got 6 players listed their to play in a position where we generally play one person. Chambers has also played there, so it could be considered as 7.
At centre back, we have 3 definite centre backs, and I'd guess Partridge, for a position where we generally have two players.
We have far too many forward players, especially as Hemmings, Hines and Porter and more forwards than midfielders.
SUSSEX DAGGER

So after 7 games played and averaging two goals a game the last thing I think we need is another forward.

Surely money would have been better spent on somebody who can do what we are desperate at bloody defend.
matt_drfc

So we're meant to get a quality defender, who's going to go straight into our XI... For the same amount of money as a 20 year old striker from Ryman North.. Interesting :?
Adrian

Yep, that's exactly what was said wasn't it. Well done.
matt_drfc

Adrian wrote:Yep, that's exactly what was said wasn't it. Well done.
Probably should have quoted Sussex's post, because it was a reply to him.

He wants someone "who can do what we are desperate at bloody defend", so to me he's asking for a defender who will start, no point them being back up if our current defenders aren't good enough.

He wants the money better spent, no one knows how much money was left, but going by today's signing, that's the sort of budget that was remaining.

So yeah, that was what was said, basically a quality defender for next to no money.
Adrian

Yes, thanks I knew who you were replying to. My point still stands.

To put it simply, we don't need yet another forward. We do need another defender.
There was no suggestion that a defender could have been signed for the same money as this player. Just that what was spent could have been out to better use. That doesn't mean that additional money might also have been needed.
matt_drfc

Would have needed quite a bit more money to get a defender who's good enough to go straight into the first xi.. Added to that the right defender would have to be available, so if you know of any quality defenders available at the moment let us know.