NL: Rochdale (H) 25 November 2023

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RM1Dagger

ARNU wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:47 pm
Diggerthedog wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:43 pm Justham should have saved it hahaha, clueless.

https://x.com/itsdaningham/status/17284 ... DAoH3yBi_A
If you can rate Jake Hessenthaler as superb surely I can dig out Justham once.Didnt say he should have saved it, he could've tried to get to it. He could see it.
I was right behind it, a top prem keeper wouldn't have touched it...
Now the SE27 Dagger
IanC

yep me too, agree
ARNU

I was behind it and felt he could have dived or put a hand out. Looks from that twitter clip he may have had a view. Maybe not. He didn't have much to do again yesterday except get the ball out of his net twice. Oh and hoof the ball to lazy Effiong.

Anyway I've calmed down now....
But we are awful and I see no improvement week in week out, even the games we win arguably we played exactly the same dreadful football against very mediocre teams and some of those we didn't deserve to win.

Well probably stay up but it's a chore to watch innit ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
RM1Dagger

ARNU wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:19 pm I was behind it and felt he could have dived or put a hand out. Looks from that twitter clip he may have had a view. Maybe not. He didn't have much to do again yesterday except get the ball out of his net twice. Oh and hoof the ball to lazy Effiong.

Anyway I've calmed down now....
But we are awful and I see no improvement week in week out, even the games we win arguably we played exactly the same dreadful football against very mediocre teams and some of those we didn't deserve to win.

Well probably stay up but it's a chore to watch innit ?
I get it mate, it's very frustrating to watch every other week and see bang average teams turn us over. Effiong has a bit of credit left in the bank but as others have pointed out, some pretty unforgivable misses of late including the two yesterday.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Diggerthedog

Effiong is a frustrating watch, just doesn’t fit in with what the manager wants from a pressing team and I don’t think he will be here much longer. Kendall is even worse runs about a bit but offers nothing. Send him back to Lincoln and try somebody else, 3 goals in 22 games is pathetic.

Two weeks off now for the manager and the owners to think of something different because come 90mins at Barnet game we could be in one hell of a hole. Will they stick or twist.

Arnu is right it is a chore with zero enjoyment, even if we do win like Ebbsfleet and Kiddy.
len

Must agree that was one of our most frustrating games to watch, cannot understand why Effiong spends so much time out on the left wing. Not sure how long Ibie is loaned out but he does try to at least run at defenders and worth another go as nothing to lose at the moment.
The other thing that I have not seen to this extent in our division before, was how comfortable Rochdale players were on the ball, the number of passes they strung together was quite amazing at this level, even their goalkeeper looked a good outfield footballer. When we eventually managed get the ball back after long spells we then seemed to immediately give it back to them. This in turn made it all the more frustrating to watch.I
I'm just hoping that with Ryan Hill back soon things can only get better!
Lcbdagger

len wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:39 am Must agree that was one of our most frustrating games to watch, cannot understand why Effiong spends so much time out on the left wing. Not sure how long Ibie is loaned out but he does try to at least run at defenders and worth another go as nothing to lose at the moment.
The other thing that I have not seen to this extent in our division before, was how comfortable Rochdale players were on the ball, the number of passes they strung together was quite amazing at this level, even their goalkeeper looked a good outfield footballer. When we eventually managed get the ball back after long spells we then seemed to immediately give it back to them. This in turn made it all the more frustrating to watch.I
I'm just hoping that with Ryan Hill back soon things can only get better!
This is one of the things that frustrates me when people comment on how other sides look so much fitter than us this season... We spend so much time in a game chasing the ball but then immediately playing passes (when the ball finally reaches the midfield from our back line) to the opposition and we are back chasing the ball around again. Teams typically have to expend very little energy against us against they choose to run down our back three as they pass the ball between themselves.
RayleighDagger1986

Diggerthedog wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:40 am Effiong is a frustrating watch, just doesn’t fit in with what the manager wants from a pressing team and I don’t think he will be here much longer. Kendall is even worse runs about a bit but offers nothing. Send him back to Lincoln and try somebody else, 3 goals in 22 games is pathetic.

Two weeks off now for the manager and the owners to think of something different because come 90mins at Barnet game we could be in one hell of a hole. Will they stick or twist.

Arnu is right it is a chore with zero enjoyment, even if we do win like Ebbsfleet and Kiddy.
I'd rather have Kendall than the pointless signing Sears. If Effiong starts, he must play down the middle, then its the case of decent wide players putting in the crosses. We also need an attacking midfielder to arrive in the box alongside Effiong (or another player of his type) to convert crosses/chances.