NL: Kidderminster (A) 18 November 2023

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
len

Our away record is now good but we need to improve the home record starting with Rochdale on Saturday would be nice.
A S dagger97

Our away record is helped by the fact we've played pretty much all the worst teams in the league away, thank goodness that we've been beating them (just about) otherwise we'd be well and truly in the sh💩t ourselves.

Its frustrating me that we aren't getting better. We seem to have just one slightly better than average performance each month and today wasn't one of them, we played alright for 10 mins in the second half and the lack of quality of the opposition meant that it was enough to get the important 3 pts. The midfield is too lifeless, I hope lawless is fit to play soon as he shows a bit more energy and is more forward thinking than the current midfield, particularly Hessentilers side to side and backwards passes.

A wins a win though and it's looking like we will have just enough to not be in serious trouble this season. Fingers crossed we will assemble a good side in future as we seem to have the defence and keeper to use as a platform to build on
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
Lcbdagger

A S dagger97 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:27 pm Our away record is helped by the fact we've played pretty much all the worst teams in the league away, thank goodness that we've been beating them (just about) otherwise we'd be well and truly in the sh💩t ourselves.

Its frustrating me that we aren't getting better. We seem to have just one slightly better than average performance each month and today wasn't one of them, we played alright for 10 mins in the second half and the lack of quality of the opposition meant that it was enough to get the important 3 pts. The midfield is too lifeless, I hope lawless is fit to play soon as he shows a bit more energy and is more forward thinking than the current midfield, particularly Hessentilers side to side and backwards passes.

A wins a win though and it's looking like we will have just enough to not be in serious trouble this season. Fingers crossed we will assemble a good side in future as we seem to have the defence and keeper to use as a platform to build on
Chesterfield have a great squad this season, but unless Southend go on a run in to the top 7 and get promoted, whoever else goes up this year will be a massive disappointment as I don't think any side has shown they are a million miles ahead of us... This really was a season of chances when you look at the current table with Gateshead, Aldershot, Altrincham and others in the top 10.