NL: Solihull Moors (H) 11 Nov 2023

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

Fixture starts at 5:30 PM. Solihull Moors is 4th in the table while our Daggers are 13th.

This should be interesting.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Dagdale

We've got a very good record against the Moors especially at home so long may it continue like today, if we do dare we say were on a bit of a roll? Keep our mindset like the Fleet and Dorking games cannot see why we cant get this one ticked off and with low boys KIddy next week away what more motivation do they need? I got a funny feeling crowds going to be low though, sensitive times crossing the smoke this weekend and live tv?
VIEW FROM THE STAND

"sensitive times crossing the smoke this weekend"

Even though it's a 5.30 KO be aware that the District Line doesn't start running until 3pm this afternoon.
"May the best of your past be the worst of your future"
Lcbdagger

Shambles

Of

A

Club

Almost impossible to come away from that game with a loss. The poorest quality front line I can ever remember doing at the club, and it includes someone who scored 20 plus goals last season.

Thank goodness that was on TV so I stayed warm. Where does this team go this season???
NBDag

Back to reality of things after a heady spell of beating 2 teams below us and one team with 10 men.

How can a manager who was such a good striker end up with a front line that are so bad at scoring goals? Sears we can say firmly isn’t the answer that none of us thought he would be when he joined. Effiong is a shadow of his former self and I don’t think Kendall got a touch tonight? Rees and Hessenthaler are also absolutely dogshit and we should be embarrassed that we don’t have anyone better. Oh wait, yes we do and he’s been nowhere near the team for weeks and we have no clue why.

Luckily there are some really really crap teams in this league so I do believe now that we will manage to stay up.
ARNU

We played better first half but then reverted to being dogshit.
The usual suspects can't pass, the usual suspects can't pass and the usual suspects can't defend a lead. More side to side play and more hoofing second half. We are dogshit and we all know it. How Solihull are 4th I don't know. Another shit team turns us over
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

Thought we was quite dominant but same old problem of not scoring and having a really poor defender in Phipps getting a working over week in week out, lost count of the amount of goals, points he’s cost us this season yet still plays. When you set up with 6 defenders in your line up there is going to be problems.
7 home losses is totally unacceptable at this stage of the season, back to looking over our shoulders. Surely we can’t lose at Kidderminster next week.
RM1Dagger

I thought we actually played pretty well and were unlucky not to get at least a point.. However, another two preventable goals conceded. Two good finishes from them but he had the freedom of Dagenham to put the winner in...
Now the SE27 Dagger
Corinthian

I think we were unlucky hitting the crossbar , goal mouth scrambles etc and for sheer effort we deserved a draw.The two goals from Solihull were however both excellent and perhaps showed the difference in quality between the 2 sides.
NBDag

I too think we were unlucky that we kept on being unable to score clear-cut chances. The same as we were unlucky against Boreham Wood, York, Hartlepool, Halifax, Bromley, Oxford… I’m sure we will continue to be unlucky too, because that’s exactly how luck works :banghead:
ARNU

Nothing to do with luck , if you kick the ball at the goal and it hits the post it was close but aim better next time. And when it happens again and again the only luck was all the opponents. Lucky that our players can't shoot accurately.
RM1Dagger

Give over, you see plenty of games where a team genuinely get lucky or unlucky, and I'm not saying we shouldn't have scored at least again- we should have, but on another day one or two of those scrambled line clearances might have gone in. And if someone can't see the improvement between that display and the Boreham Wood game (against a better team) then football ain't for them..
Now the SE27 Dagger
ARNU

I'm seeing pretty much the same thing every week. I will concede we created more chances yesterday than has been the case all season but the usual suspects are making all the same mistakes. Oh and we lost again I'm getting used to that.

I'd dig out Johnson, Phipps, Hare and Hessenthaler who all need some bench time, sears is awful genuinely prefer Kendall. Effiong is hard to watch too.

All the teams that have beat us at home will still be in this league next season if they don't get relegated. Only Southend have been any good.
Mark

Johnson was our best player yesterday
ARNU

Mark wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:05 pm Johnson was our best player yesterday
There wasn't any standout player although I think I'd have to say Eastman. Johnson made a few howler passes which is why Id disagree but tbf he wasn't alone in doing that.