Wayne Barnet

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Didn't John Judas Still tell him he'd never win a game of football without the mighty hoof ? I remember quite clearly being mocked for daring to suggest we play the ball on the floor and actually pass it now and again,get Medi up front,let daggers in the TB stand and dump crocked dinosaurs like Mark twitter twat Arber.Gone facking quiet now hasn't it !!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
leewilson

ARNU wrote:Didn't John Judas Still tell him he'd never win a game of football without the mighty hoof ? I remember quite clearly being mocked for daring to suggest we play the ball on the floor and actually pass it now and again,get Medi up front,let daggers in the TB stand and dump crocked dinosaurs like Mark twitter twat Arber.Gone facking quiet now hasn't it !!
The last two years under Still were tough but don't ever forget what he led us to. He took over at a time when we were in real danger of spiraling down the Conference.

I think the last two years have also clouded the judgement of the quality of player that Still brought to the club. Wayne's bought 2 players who have a background higher up the league but have fell off the wagon. Still brought through alot from lower down the pyrimid and nurtured them in Football League players. Do you want me to reel off all of the players who got moves up the league along with a fair few he loaned in who are now playing consistently in higher divisions?

And Mark Arber was superb for us bar his final season where he was playing injured for a good portion. And once he came back from that injury, he was solid.

It's easy to criticise the past when the current regime is smelling of roses. And the whole 'you'll never win a game with your style' thing was pretty much confirmed as being a joke by Burnett. Or are we going to hold that against Still now as well?
ARNU

leewilson wrote:
ARNU wrote:Didn't John Judas Still tell him he'd never win a game of football without the mighty hoof ? I remember quite clearly being mocked for daring to suggest we play the ball on the floor and actually pass it now and again,get Medi up front,let daggers in the TB stand and dump crocked dinosaurs like Mark twitter twat Arber.Gone facking quiet now hasn't it !!
The last two years under Still were tough but don't ever forget what he led us to. He took over at a time when we were in real danger of spiraling down the Conference.

I think the last two years have also clouded the judgement of the quality of player that Still brought to the club. Wayne's bought 2 players who have a background higher up the league but have fell off the wagon. Still brought through alot from lower down the pyrimid and nurtured them in Football League players. Do you want me to reel off all of the players who got moves up the league along with a fair few he loaned in who are now playing consistently in higher divisions?

And Mark Arber was superb for us bar his final season where he was playing injured for a good portion. And once he came back from that injury, he was solid.

It's easy to criticise the past when the current regime is smelling of roses. And the whole 'you'll never win a game with your style' thing was pretty much confirmed as being a joke by Burnett. Or are we going to hold that against Still now as well?
My serious point amongst all my Still bashing remains that he was pretty dire for his last 3,definately 2 seasons with us.I was not the only person calling for his head during that period.He should have gone after league 1 relegation with his head held high.Instead he subjected us to quite a bit of painfull watching with predictable hoofball despite not having the players to operate the system to any degree of skill.I note that you now agree with me re Arber and his final season and his ridiculous decision to play injured,I wonder if you'd also agree he was much slower too.It is of course a matter of fact that Still was and is a Daggers legend but Thommo should have sacked the pair during the 1 point in 54 debarcle.The decision not to sack them for nostalgic reasons was a mistake and was repayed with a mighty kick in the teeth and the fact Still took all and sundry with him to Luton in the way that he did leaves me feeling conned by ol' Mr 2 face.Im still waiting for him to watch from the sieve or was that more bullshit ??
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mikins

ARNU wrote: My serious point amongst all my Still bashing remains that he was pretty dire for his last 3,definately 2 seasons with us.I was not the only person calling for his head during that period.He should have gone after league 1 relegation with his head held high.Instead he subjected us to quite a bit of painfull watching with predictable hoofball despite not having the players to operate the system to any degree of skill.I note that you now agree with me re Arber and his final season and his ridiculous decision to play injured,I wonder if you'd also agree he was much slower too.It is of course a matter of fact that Still was and is a Daggers legend but Thommo should have sacked the pair during the 1 point in 54 debarcle.The decision not to sack them for nostalgic reasons was a mistake and was repayed with a mighty kick in the teeth and the fact Still took all and sundry with him to Luton in the way that he did leaves me feeling conned by ol' Mr 2 face.Im still waiting for him to watch from the sieve or was that more bullshit ??
Thing is, at the time I didnt want him sacked, but thats because i was of the misguided belief that no one else could or would run this club as well. Wayne has so far proved me soundly wrong this season, but the fact is we survived, we're still in the league, he isnt, Arber isnt, give it 3 years the vast majority of former Still-signees probably wont be either. Arber was great in his day, Still was a great manager for us with the right players, but that understandably doesnt stop the bitter taste in the mouth over the way a lot of things went down in the last couple of seasons. but then hindsights a wonderful thing.
Sorry about your damn luck!
bearaab

Focus all hate on Marvin Morgan.
DiggerDagger1

bearaab wrote:Focus all hate on Marvin Morgan.
Isn't the player only on the pitch because the manager put him there? It's chicken and mouse situation.
SUSSEX DAGGER

bearaab wrote:Focus all hate on Marvin Morgan.
Simple question WhY?
bearaab

Why not?