NL: Dorking (A) 4 November 2023

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
stanton101

I thought we played well today. Controlled the game for long periods and with better finishing we could have scored a lot more.
Special praise for my mom Tom Eastman, won everything in the air, solid as a rock.
A good team performance, well done boys and Ben.
A S dagger97

What's promising is we are beating most the teams near the bottom so it shows that we must be better than at least 4 teams this season, we've made the most of these "easier fixtures" which has hopefully given us a bit of momentum for when we have to play tougher sides. Just hope we can fix our home form as that is the main reason we've found ourselves heading in the wrong direction so far.
We seem to score mostly from defenses gifting opportuniities to us but at least we are actually punnishing them. I'd just like us to create chances more often in games but it did sound like we were at least decent up top today.
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
stanton101

It was the choices in front of goal that let us down today, but I suppose that's a confidence thing. Scoring goals becomes a lot easier when you start hitting the net regularly.
I don't know how many of us were there today but the support was great and much appreciated by Ben and the boys at the final whistle.
Dagdale

Great result today thoroughly deserving and every player showed class to win this game, slightly worrying early on when they came back to even it out but we went up a gear and just hope we can now blow away that drubbing last season. Good support again and shoutout to the White Hart pub pre game and certainly after with celebrations, what going to football week in week out is all about!
Mark

Very welcome three points. On paper won 3 of the last 4 but we all know 2 of the last 5 included an embarrassment at Bracknell and a pathetic showing against Boreham. I hope we aren't going to become too unpredictable, that trait became incredibly wearing under Daryl.

I think probably we are better than the bottom six by some margin. But then short of quality to beat many sides above that. Which is incredibly frustrating because I've only seen about two good sides all season. I think as soon as we play someone reasonable that midfield 3 is nowhere near good enough, we are lacking at wing back if Page is injured again.

On the plus side I think Eastman is proving to be an excellent acquisition and Inih is gradually coming back to his best.
ARNU

Credit where it's due. This win seems more resounding than any of the others. It wasn't a last minute goal in a game we didn't really deserve to win. No 3 goals away is a good result. Didn't go ( mainly because the memory of last season's fixture still haunts me)

Is this a turning point? Or will Solihull pull our pants down next week?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

Winning 3 in 4 is a great return and with the mess we found ourselves in before it’s a welcome relief. 3 goals we scored one by an opponent and another via a defensive howler, we’re relying on other teams mistakes. Dorking had 12 players unavailable, a win was inevitable here even for us.

We need Hill back, another winger and a more mobile midfielder to push us up the pitch, without that we will continue to struggle.
Kevin

Delighted with the win - banging in a few goals is great (albeit with more than a fair bit of assistance from the opposition).

3 wins from 4 is definitely not to be sniffed at. However, we've been properly bang average for the past several seasons - so I'll hold off from bringing out the champagne & ticker tape for the time being.

That said - great effort from everyone involved yesterday :thumbu: Hopefully, the team will get a taste of it & might kick on from here..

COYD!
Mick Dagger

It's not a coincidence that our results have improved with the return of Tom Eastman. He's our best player by a country mile and also our best footballer.