NL: Ebbsfleet United (A) 28 October 2023

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

Ebbsfleet is one position higher in the table than the Daggers.Both clubs have 4 points from the last 5 matches.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Diggerthedog

Sad that it’s come to this for Strevs but this is last chance saloon for him, we play a team in worse form than us over the last 10 games. They score a few but also concede for fun so hoping we can get something as we battle to stay in this division.
Kevin

Looks to be more like a "clash of the shite-ens" to me - two teams who are both on a dreadful run of form.

Hopefully we can be less rubbish on the day.. :blink:
Dagdale

Somehow you got to keep the faith, and in a strange way like going to Ebbsfleet as its so fast from St Pancras/Stratford and normally we have a good following. Certainly can't feel confident with this one even if the Fleet is as bad so let's try and enjoy a few pints and lay in hope and by 3 they finally come too. Awful awful season but all we want is effort!
NBDag

Does the result tomorrow actually mean anything? In May are we going to look back at Ebbsfleet away and say “yeah that’s when we knew this team had changed paths”?

The fact is a squad of our budget should be winning this at a minimum. But the truth is that a squad of our talent will be lucky to take a point. The reality is that no matter what happens, we’re still f****d unless major changes are made at the club ASAP.
Diggerthedog

Ebbsfleet have a much bigger budget than us, they were spending over £2m to get out of the league below.
BB-Dagger

Woo hooooo only 8 points off of the playoffs
McLeansvilleAppFan

It's happening...it's really happening!!

Nice finish guys!
McLeansvilleAppFan

BB-Dagger wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:59 pm Woo hooooo only 8 points off of the playoffs
Given the mood of most on this forum a comment about "only 3 points from relegation" to be more likely, but I like the positive view you have.
ARNU

Charlie Kendall 35 yard screamer.

Watched the game on TV and even in the replay didn't look like it went in.

Can't say either team deserved it.

I know Kendall hasn't been a raging success but he gives way more than Sears.

I guess Ben keeps his
Job another week
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
BB-Dagger

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:11 pm
BB-Dagger wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:59 pm Woo hooooo only 8 points off of the playoffs
Given the mood of most on this forum a comment about "only 3 points from relegation" to be more likely, but I like the positive view you have.
You’ve got to be a “glass half full” it’s better than a “glass half empty” but lets not get carried away with this win, it was against a team who are currently just as bad as us!

COYD
NBDag

So somehow we have found ourselves winning 2 of the last 3 despite our actual performances being in the worst spell of form this season. This sport makes 0 sense at times.

Glad we have won, but the anger towards the running of this club needs to carry on and make it clear what needs to happen for us to stay up and maybe one day even be successful.
hockley dagger

For a variety of reasons I haven't managed to get along this season. Things seem to be going pretty much as I thought when it started. We've got just about enough quality to keep out of real trouble but not enough firepower to trouble the play off chasing sides on a regular basis. From what I heard yesterday Ebbsfleet couldn't finish and we conjured up something out of the blue. I reckon there are six worse teams than us at present. I predict a finish between 12th and 18th.
Diggerthedog

No doubt both sides were terrible but the better side won, their keeper Cousins made a number of decent saves and we missed a couple of sitters, Justham had absolutely nothing to do the whole game from what I can remember. Both sides will be amongst the bottom lower third come the end of the season unless they get some better players.
DaggerJoel11

For the second Saturday in succession, Daggers' final throw of the dice came off.

It was far from pretty, but showcasing an ability to grind out wins from such scrappy battles like this is important.

🔴🔵 𝗥𝗲𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁 - https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... edbridge-1
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''