NL: Boreham Wood (H) 24 Oct 2023

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Sears, Effiong and even Kendall aren't really players who you can hoof the ball to. Effiong despite height is useless in the air, sears and Kendall both midgets. I don't mind a bit of John still style hoof ball but you need the right players for it.
Strevs should know that.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
A S dagger97

Ebbsfleet, Dorking and Kidderminster coming up over the next few weeks, I think these will give us the real answer to whether we will be good enough to stay up or not, im really not feeling optimistic at all about the direction of club and the lack of enthusiasm after Saturdays win says it all really.

The yanks appear to have gone off the grid and all the pressure on the people like Thompson will never happen he's as safe as houses and doesn't give a toss if we go down. The supporters are once again the ones that have to suffer spending their hard earned dollar to travel and watch a team produce utter S*** because we care more about what happens on the field than anyone above the manager does and probably more than some of the players do too. We can call for Strevs to be sacked but can we trust thommo with the decision of who to replace him with because we never get any better do we.
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
Auntie Merge

Can you see us getting 50+ points in order to stay up?

Not by last night’s performance, no.
steeevooo

As much as I really want it to work for Strevs there are really are some key questions emerging. A couple to my mind:

1) Are the players actually playing for him?
We were promised a team built of the old daggers ethos and ethic, bringing the old daggers spirit back. The performances of late have been many, many miles away from that spirit.

2) What tactics/gameplan/strategy do we have for each game, a Plan A if not a Plan B?
For a lot of teams that we have played it has been clear to see what they are trying to do, even if unsuccessfully. For us it is often nigh on impossible to even identify a discernible gameplan, let alone one that vaguely works.

3) What is the idea of the midfield?
We have three very similar players in the middle in Rees, Hess and Vincent, each of which are largely immobile and get bypassed far too easily without offering creativity going forwards. Equally we have a squad (minus ageing Weston) devoid of wingers, hence we offer zero threat out side and are frequently offering the freedom of the Borough to opposition wingers.

4) What does Elliott Jusham offer as captain?
There is no doubting his immense ability as a goalkeeper, indeed clearly one of the best in the league. However, beyond going up for the coin toss at the start of the game, I fail to see what he offers as captain. After each of the three BW goals last night there was zero communication, effort to cajoul, motivate or inspire his team mates to respond. You would not have even know he was the captain - has he been given it because nobody wanted the role?

We all know that the problems at the club run far, far deeper than the manager, and that there are many, many questions that need to be directed higher. We also know that any questions directed higher will be batted away in a cloud of denial and that nothing will change. It is this combination that has sucked the life out of the club over the last decade and seen us on a seemingly perpetual downward spiral with no end in sight.
stanton101

Given his past ties with the club I do have some sympathy for Ben. Murdering the budget the way they have has set him up to fail and that's precisely what's happening. You simply can't get rid of your best players and expect anything else but failure.
That said of course, he knew exactly what he was taking on and was tasked with putting a team together with what was at his disposal. What we're seeing now is the fruits of his labour. A team with no heart, no desire, slung together more out of hope than anything else. Fans can take defeats, but it's the manner of those defeat that really matters.
We've not only lost matches this season but have been schooled in the process, taught lessons by mediocre sides who've shown just what can be done with a bit of heart and a willingness to perform.
I'm sick to death of the yanks talking a good game and even more nauseated with the puppet that is Thompson continually making piss poor decisions.
If you don't want the club then leave, go and find a Wrexham elsewhere.
NBDag

steeevooo wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:35 am We all know that the problems at the club run far, far deeper than the manager, and that there are many, many questions that need to be directed higher. We also know that any questions directed higher will be batted away in a cloud of denial and that nothing will change. It is this combination that has sucked the life out of the club over the last decade and seen us on a seemingly perpetual downward spiral with no end in sight.
I agree with this. So what are we going to do about it? Everyone feels this way, but aside from a tiny majority chanting it yesterday nothing ever happens. We have a TV game in 2 weeks and it’s a great chance to embarrass him and hopefully start to push him out the door.

Maybe something for the BRRC if anyone has suggestions of what we can do to push for change.
Mick Dagger

stanton101 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:03 pm
We've not only lost matches this season but have been schooled in the process, taught lessons by mediocre sides who've shown just what can be done with a bit of heart and a willingness to perform.
Couldn't disagree more. We are being beaten by teams that are properly coached. We are a professional football team with the tactics of a park team.
Dagdale

Best post I've read for ages Steeevoo, that basically is what we need answering if were going to get out of this pire?