NL: Woking (H) 21 September 2023

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

After the FA Cup, what is there to say?

Woking is 13th in the table and the Daggers are now back in the group of 4 for relegation.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
ARNU

Well I predict lots of passing across the field and back to the keeper for 87 minutes then Woking to score with their only attack on goal all game. Just like pretty much all our other home games this season..
Ben will say how gutted everyone is and how surprised ( unlike us) he is at the result.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
ThatRoundThing

Season Ticket Holder but I’m having a couple of games rest from it all.
NBDag

Also keeping away this Saturday and I don’t even feel guilty about missing a home match anymore. It’s such a shame. I can’t find it in me to go when it’s hard to keep positive during our matches recently. Then also there is World Cup cricket and rugby that day which will be a damn sight more entertaining than us, even if we do still lose both games.
Diggerthedog

I’ll go to these games as I missed a few others recently, our group were looking to book trains for games away up north that are coming up but we’ve all said forget it.

Woking are clearly not as good as last season but we’re much worse so I can’t see us getting anything.
Auntie Merge

I’m planning to go as it means I get to see some Woking friends. Also drop in at Lakeside after the game.
len

I can fully understand the despondency amongst the fans as the results have been grim lately, however, we all need to get behind the team on Saturday as they must be feeling the pressure as well. I thought Woking last season were very impressive against us but hopefully we can get a positive result this time.
len

len wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:27 am I can fully understand the despondency amongst the fans as the results have been grim lately, however, we all need to get behind the team on Saturday as they must be feeling the pressure as well. I thought Woking last season were very impressive against us but hopefully we can get a positive result this time.
Also hoping Hill and Tavares are available.
NBDag

len wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:27 am I can fully understand the despondency amongst the fans as the results have been grim lately, however, we all need to get behind the team on Saturday as they must be feeling the pressure as well. I thought Woking last season were very impressive against us but hopefully we can get a positive result this time.
Sorry if they were feeling any sort of pressure they wouldn’t have played with such minimal effort on Saturday. They deserve to be feeling the disappointment and lack of fan support right now. As a lot of it is because of their poor performances.
Diggerthedog

len wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:37 am
Also hoping Hill and Tavares are available.
Hill will be out for a while I’ve heard, Tavares could have played Saturday but was not risked on the rubber bullet pitch.
stanton101

Any news on Ling playing?
Diggerthedog

Should be back from his 3 match ban.
ARNU

Thought this game was not dissimilar to the rest. When they went down to 10 I thought we'll definitely nause this up.

Had he not scored the winner id have been digging out Effiong for lazyness and not knowing the offside rule.

Sears might just as well not play, we can't get the call to him and he was very anonymous again.
Kendall does way more.

Rees I thought had a good game and has gone up in my estimation somewhat lately.

Elliot Johnson and Frank Vincent how do they get a start being so awful?

Weston changed the game I think and ling always works hard.

Hopefully the win will give some confidence back to the boys and we can dig ourselves out of the shit now.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mark

Thought Ben got a big slice of luck today tbh. The selection was wrong, we barely had a shot again, and we didn't improve when they went down to ten.

Inih was poor but he's a goalscorer and you can never write him off. I'd also go back to Kendall with him purely for effort.

Vincent is on borrowed time. Rees a bit better today but at times second half he didn't seem to know what his role was. Ended up marking hessenthaler at one point.

Thought Johnson did ok, Phipps was really poor, Hare gave the ball away a lot but then has set up the winner. I'd still put Ling at full back and play Mussa in midfield. Eastman a relatively easy motm shout.

Westy is the only excitement we have with Hill out. Be nice to have both at some point.
A S dagger97

Don't know if i missed it but I was at work listening to the commentary, has it been confirmed as hessentilers goal or Rees?

As for the match, it sounded like our forwards were having a poor game again until the late stages when we were throwing everyone forward against 10 men,
Westons ability out wide was clearly missed and I think getting Hill back too will further give us something extra going forward and having them 2 seems to be our only hope of actually being able to win a match we offer nothing really without them.

The midfield also still seems a bit confused about what they are doing times and vincent frustrates so much. He was very good at Oldham which was his best game for us IMO but most the season he's shown a couple of flashes of what he can do but doesn't do it often enough to be a regular starter tbh.
Over the moon that we finally won a game even though the performance was not great, the effort was at least one thing we did show more of today.

I really want Strevs to do well and haven't given up on him. I just hope it's not a McMahon style win where he used to go on an awful run and then pull out a result when fans started to turn and then put us through the cycle over and over. Gotta hope this win does give the players the belief and we can get some kind of result and momentum going on Tuesday, we just gotta keep the faith!
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!