FA Cup: Bracknell Town (A) 14 October 2023

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Lord Snooty wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:57 pm I am an exile so I rarely get to see the team live for a full 90 minutes. Saturday was a welcome opportunity and I even persuaded my local to show the game. What a waste.

Along with the crushing disappointment in failing to beat a team three divisions below us I was left with some questions.

Why was Effiong playing on the left wing? Why not in the middle – he was the biggest unit on the pitch surely he could have got something out of it.

Why was Sears left warming the bench? Even if he is not fully match fit he could have put in 20 minutes or half an hour

Why, when it became obvious that we were not going to score in a month of Sundays ,did we not go Route One and just keep lumping it up to Effiong (in the middle) with some runners either side? Not pretty, not classic, but against tiring part timers it had to be worth a shot.

And why could we not pass the ball to each other??

Luckily for me we are unlikely to be on the tele again this year so I wont have to go through that torture again. For those of you who make the effort to go each week my thanks for keeping the club going and my sympathy for having to watch it.
Sears started and played the full 90 mins, yeah he was bad, You can watch every game live. Via National League TV if you wish to join us in the torture!
stanton101

Lord Snooty wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:57 pm I am an exile so I rarely get to see the team live for a full 90 minutes. Saturday was a welcome opportunity and I even persuaded my local to show the game. What a waste.

Along with the crushing disappointment in failing to beat a team three divisions below us I was left with some questions.

Why was Effiong playing on the left wing? Why not in the middle – he was the biggest unit on the pitch surely he could have got something out of it.

Why was Sears left warming the bench? Even if he is not fully match fit he could have put in 20 minutes or half an hour

Why, when it became obvious that we were not going to score in a month of Sundays ,did we not go Route One and just keep lumping it up to Effiong (in the middle) with some runners either side? Not pretty, not classic, but against tiring part timers it had to be worth a shot.

And why could we not pass the ball to each other??

Luckily for me we are unlikely to be on the tele again this year so I wont have to go through that torture again. For those of you who make the effort to go each week my thanks for keeping the club going and my sympathy for having to watch it.
The fans were saying exactly the same thing about Effiong, it was all the more stunning when you could see he wasn't fit, so the wing was hardly the best place for him.
Baffling to say the least.
Lcbdagger

I didn't think Sears was great... but he wasn't so poor that I forgot he played and shouted for him to come off the bench :lol:
Auntie Merge

*Puts on hard hat*

Garry Hill is free. He was at one of our recent home games.

Rumour has it, he applied for the job but they went with Peter Taylor. Apparently someone on the board blocked Garry’s appointment.
Diggerthedog

Good. I wanted this appointment to be someone not associated with the club but they just couldn’t help themselves, now look at the mess.
NBDag

hockley dagger wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:06 pm
NBDag wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:45 am I can see Strevs sacked too. As I have said in another post before, apparently he is on a very low “normal person” base salary with a lot of bonus clauses. It’s actually smart business for once because it means if we needed to sack him we could do it cheaply. BUT the age old question is who do we bring in to replace him? The candidates from this summer weren’t that great I seem to remember and that’s where we’ll go looking because you know who can’t do anything differently.
Well with Southend now with new owners I don't suppose even He would be tempted - or would he?
Always a chance that the old pair of slippers might be put back on.
DaggerJoel11

An FA Cup upset was a disastrous prospect on top of existing league woes, but one Dagenham sleepwalked into with an abysmal performance on Saturday.

🔴🔵 𝗥𝗲𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁 - https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... edbridge-0
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
ARNU

Dagger Steve wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:23 pm Now this is a post match interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko8z3v33Cc4
Get this bloke
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
stanton101

DaggerJoel11 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:18 pm An FA Cup upset was a disastrous prospect on top of existing league woes, but one Dagenham sleepwalked into with an abysmal performance on Saturday.

🔴🔵 𝗥𝗲𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁 - https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... edbridge-0

Can't says I disagree with any of that Joel.
The most annoying thing for me was that Bracknell were comfortable throughout the match.
It wasn't as if we peppered them and couldn't score, quite the opposite.
If they had scored mid way through the 2nd half I'm sure they would have gone on and scored more.
Absolutely embarrassing.
stanton101

ARNU wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:18 pm
Dagger Steve wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:23 pm Now this is a post match interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko8z3v33Cc4
Get this bloke
Far too outspoken for our pile of cack.
Love the fellas honesty and tells it as it is.
Dagdale

Paul McCallum has just written off Reading by two goal brace today and God knows what little Eastleigh gets now for it going into round 3 if Chesterfield bagging 67K going thru to Watford? Amazing the amount of players who leave us and really move up a gear especially in the striker category and more so where were faltering badly present time!