FA Cup: Bracknell Town (A) 14 October 2023

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

Sagres wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:20 pm Massive opportunity missed - never looked like scoring.
From my position watching on the telly box, we never looked like doing anything aside from one cross.
BB-Dagger

BB-Dagger wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:17 pm I only watched on tv but was so frustrated at how we failed at the basics, so many final balls passed into dead space or to the opposition, I’m one of those who keep saying I’m not renewing my season ticket but always do in the end, but this is the last season for me, next year I’ll take it one game at a time ( quick football cliche) because it’s got to the point where I’m just not able to be enthused enough to stand out in the seive on cold winters days watching garbage! My son didn’t renew this season but purchased a 10 game floating ticket, even that’s a waste of money :angry: :angry: :angry:
And another thing.. the Mussa free kick, I hope Tarzan wasn’t hurt up that tree! That was so bad even Mudryk would have been embarrassed.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Daggerman wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:18 pm Is there a replay if it’s a draw or does it go to penalties?
it would have been a replay, not that it matters now.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
RM1Dagger

I'm on holiday so didn't see but unfortunately I'm not that surprised. Not that I think we should have considered this an easy win. Think Bracknell have half decent cup pedigree and seem to remember them giving Ipswich a game for half a game in last year's FA cup.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Auntie Merge

RM1Dagger wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:54 pm I'm on holiday so didn't see but unfortunately I'm not that surprised. Not that I think we should have considered this an easy win. Think Bracknell have half decent cup pedigree and seem to remember them giving Ipswich a game for half a game in last year's FA cup.
Yes, the commentary team mentioned they always won on late goals too.
I think we could have done our homework before the game. We seemed clueless at times; like we'd all had a skinful the night before.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Three times in the last four seasons at least we've gone out to a last minute goal. I am very sad. At least there will be another Saturday where we are not playing, maybe we could all take RM1's advice and go on holiday to get away from this mess
Diggerthedog

We had 3 big chances in the first 15 minutes and should have taken at least 1 of them, what happened after that was nothing short of a disgrace. Times ticking for Ben now, this can’t go on budget reduced or not other sides with similar budgets are doing much better.

If we don’t win one of our next two games both at home against average sides I for one would like to see a change, but given the lack of investment I don’t see that happening so we may just slide into oblivion.

As per a previous poster I too regret getting a season ticket and now find attending a chore. I’ll still go as the lad likes to go but it will be a flexi one next time unless there is some miraculous change.
NBDag

I can see Strevs sacked too. As I have said in another post before, apparently he is on a very low “normal person” base salary with a lot of bonus clauses. It’s actually smart business for once because it means if we needed to sack him we could do it cheaply. BUT the age old question is who do we bring in to replace him? The candidates from this summer weren’t that great I seem to remember and that’s where we’ll go looking because you know who can’t do anything differently.
RM1Dagger

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:22 pm Three times in the last four seasons at least we've gone out to a last minute goal. I am very sad. At least there will be another Saturday where we are not playing, maybe we could all take RM1's advice and go on holiday to get away from this mess
Haha, I'll put you in touch with the missus...😎
Now the SE27 Dagger
Mick

Worse team performance i can remember for a very long time.
Changes needed urgently.
Quality of players and manager simply not good enough.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

RM1Dagger wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:05 am
AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:22 pm Three times in the last four seasons at least we've gone out to a last minute goal. I am very sad. At least there will be another Saturday where we are not playing, maybe we could all take RM1's advice and go on holiday to get away from this mess
Haha, I'll put you in touch with the missus...😎
I hear Chesterfield is lovely this time of year
Lcbdagger

Just caught up with the post-match Manager interview and it just feels to terribly of a guy with no real answers to what is going on with the team... The suggestions that we wouldn't play like that against a League Two team and 'weren't on it' yesterday is desperate for a team that hasn't won in two months.

Absolutely no belief, personally that a change is coming in tot he future, even with Eastman and Effiong back.
Dagger Steve

Now this is a post match interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko8z3v33Cc4
Lord Snooty

I am an exile so I rarely get to see the team live for a full 90 minutes. Saturday was a welcome opportunity and I even persuaded my local to show the game. What a waste.

Along with the crushing disappointment in failing to beat a team three divisions below us I was left with some questions.

Why was Effiong playing on the left wing? Why not in the middle – he was the biggest unit on the pitch surely he could have got something out of it.

Why was Sears left warming the bench? Even if he is not fully match fit he could have put in 20 minutes or half an hour

Why, when it became obvious that we were not going to score in a month of Sundays ,did we not go Route One and just keep lumping it up to Effiong (in the middle) with some runners either side? Not pretty, not classic, but against tiring part timers it had to be worth a shot.

And why could we not pass the ball to each other??

Luckily for me we are unlikely to be on the tele again this year so I wont have to go through that torture again. For those of you who make the effort to go each week my thanks for keeping the club going and my sympathy for having to watch it.
hockley dagger

NBDag wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:45 am I can see Strevs sacked too. As I have said in another post before, apparently he is on a very low “normal person” base salary with a lot of bonus clauses. It’s actually smart business for once because it means if we needed to sack him we could do it cheaply. BUT the age old question is who do we bring in to replace him? The candidates from this summer weren’t that great I seem to remember and that’s where we’ll go looking because you know who can’t do anything differently.
Well with Southend now with new owners I don't suppose even He would be tempted - or would he?