NL: York City (H) 3 October 2023

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
steeevooo

In total agreement with the couple of posts above. Kendall offers nothing except running - I acknowledge that we expected to see more of Inih, but if we were relying on Kendall to be our second striker then we were always in trouble. The lad from Luton had played well and looked pretty assured in his outings at CB, and then Phipps comes straight back into the team - why? He's always had a rash streak inside him and he looks frankly shot at the moment. As above, Ibie desperately needs a loan - if I recall right Blair is on a 1 month loan to Braintree - I'd be sorely tempted to do a swap when that's up and have Blair on our bench/starting and Ibie on loan for a month. We know there's the potential for a decent player there, but his confidence looks absolutely rock bottom. The quality of our crossing is non-existent, which is hardly surprising when the only actual real winger (as opposed to wing-back) we have is a 30-something year old who's currently on the treatment table (Weston). How often we get to the byline and chip a floated ball in which is usually bread and butter for either the keeper or defence is beyond me, the ball is crying out to be whacked low and hard....see how we ended up scoring against Barnet.

All in all it's hard to know where we do go. We are generally playing far nicer and better football than we have for a while, but nice football doesn't win you games, nor stop you necessarily getting into dogfights.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Strevs really digging out the injured players in his interview, interestingly
ARNU

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:15 pm Strevs really digging out the injured players in his interview, interestingly
Interestingly we were atrocious when the injured players were playing. Effiong weren't pulling up any trees, Westy wasnt beating anyone and when he did he hoofed it out for a throw I think Eastman is the only one that was having any noticeable effect. Get rid of Kendall bring back Blair can't be any worse.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

Interesting comment and one wonders how it has gone down in the dressing room.